What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After 4/3 patch Dyson Ground BZ has bugs

13»

Comments

• narasil2narasil2 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Still FUBAR.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    With some of the shots here I was able to formulate some tests and pass some info along. If more info is needed myself or perhaps one of the cryptic team will update as needed.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > With some of the shots here I was able to formulate some tests and pass some info along. If more info is needed myself or perhaps one of the cryptic team will update as needed.

Good. As they said on Reddit that "work on a fix is under way", I fear it's not an easy fix to apply and it's backlogged as they are working/polishing/testing the new upcoming content now. They'll get to it eventually.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I fear with work being done on the expansion and the summer event around the corner I doubt we will see a fix for this zone until after these releases. Only positive is although buggy its still playable. Hardest capture point is one of the rails in the Outskirts where NPC's have fallen through the floor and can still shoot you but can't be targeted by you to fire back. This causes a problem on the 2nd rail console as they break your interact with the console.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    With some of the shots here I was able to formulate some tests and pass some info along. If more info is needed myself or perhaps one of the cryptic team will update as needed.

Does anyone involved with Cryptic actually play the game anymore?
    "Formulate some tests"?
    You just need to login, leave ESD and head to the Voth BZ.
    Once on the ground leave the CC and you're in FUBAR country.

Sad.
    Very, very sad...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    is there a way to submit a video to the devs so they can SEE it??
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • knightedwolfknightedwolf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    still bugged, come on devs, at least acknowledge this is a problem
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    still bugged, come on devs, at least acknowledge this is a problem

They did. On reddit.
    For the Patch Notes thread yesterday

So they are aware and are working on it. But as others have said, it's likely to be complex and on the back burner as they're likely prioritizing ViL at the moment.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    Still completely FUBAR...........................................................................
    guys it takes time to fix bugs properly, especially depending on how badly its broken code wise. it's not as simple as just flipping switches as much as we all wish it was. They've already acknowledged it so just give them some time to do it right. Otherwise if there are further issues that were not covered in this thread feel free to post them.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

• casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    They need to repopulate the battlezones. Maybe some battleground exclusive rewards in the proximate future would help - from Defera to the Gamma Zone. Some gimmicky boffs/weapons/cosmetic stuff.
  • borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    Hehe. I have same issues in ground battlezone. Yesterday I was doing ground battlezone after almost year and half. And first that I noticed that BOFF's didn't follow me. Second thing was that enemies were in strange places (like on buildings...) and third problem was that there were too many swarmers everywhere.
    I wonder why dev's don't fix some of biggest bugs in the game first and than try to make new content. Becouse lately STO is bugged a lot from mentioned problems to bad texture problems, instant CTD's, annoying server timeouts during game...
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    FARKLE
    Post edited by arkyboy on
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • vonkaspervonkasper Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    - Bridge officers at Sphere Ground Zone get stuck on doors, rails and lots of enviroviment assets

- The omega tram will turn around in its axis.

- The boffs will get stuck on the scenario/jumping areas/edges.

- The boffs will climb into the rail.

- The enemies will climb into the rail.

- The enemies might be or not targeted when on the rail.

- Enemies beams/Sphere drone beams will pass trough the walls

How to reproduce: Try to capture the most north omega point in the park.

Computer used: Intel Core Duo E7400, 3GB, Windows 7 64Bits, NVIDIA GeForce9500 GT
    still no changes......NOTHING.
  • shade0110shade0110 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes this happens to ALL the factions, honestly my friends and I who play STO are really getting pissed off about this, NOT ONLY THAT, but for a year now, the swarmers have been and have continued to be FACELESS, they're just floating tentacles, Not only that but there are several bugs as well that Cryptic needs to FIX instead of releasing a brand new season update. Seriously Cryptic FIX your mess-ups BEFORE you update or add anything to the game! Seriously, they keep this up and NOBODY is going to want to play this game anymore, which I really hope that DOES NOT happen. I love playing this game; I don't want to see it die off. Plus to those of Cryptic who DON'T believe me, here's a YouTube Video I made that shows a LOT of the bugs in the Dyson Sphere itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04L_qC-4Rg
    > @shade0110 said:
    > Yes this happens to ALL the factions, honestly my friends and I who play STO are really getting pissed off about this, NOT ONLY THAT, but for a year now, the swarmers have been and have continued to be FACELESS, they're just floating tentacles, Not only that but there are several bugs as well that Cryptic needs to FIX instead of releasing a brand new season update. Seriously Cryptic FIX your mess-ups BEFORE you update or add anything to the game! Seriously, they keep this up and NOBODY is going to want to play this game anymore, which I really hope that DOES NOT happen. I love playing this game; I don't want to see it die off. Plus to those of Cryptic who DON'T believe me, here's a YouTube Video I made that shows a LOT of the bugs in the Dyson Sphere itself.

+1

100% agreed. Fix it before you break it further releasing new content. Priorities should be on fixing existing stuff already in the game before adding new content and neglecting game breaking bugs that make people leave the game. Fix it!
    Guys if this is going to turn into a flame fest on cryptic I will lock this thread. If you have new information about the bug(s) or a new bug related to this has surfaced you are free to post them here. You are also free to add your name to the list of people who have or are experiencing said bugs. What we're not going to do is flame cryptic for keeping to what we think their schedule should be. I personally handed over some reports myself and was able to crack some of these bugs. However simply knowing what's broke and actually being able to crank a fix are not the same thing. As I've explained prior it takes time to fix bugs properly. Kemocite was busted for 12 weeks before a proper fix was able to be introduced because the break was that severe.

With that said I did check in with the dev crew as I'm a dyson farmer myself. They are still formulating the fix and while I wasn't given a date or anything for obvious reasons, we will most likely see a fix or something not long after ViL has hit. Beyond that I don't know more nor would I be at liberty to discuss if I did. After every major expansion you usually see a good round of bug fixes, ViL i suspect will be no different.

With that all said, some folks need to realize that they're not going to put the entire game on hold for this. If they stopped releasing anything new or doing anything new until all bugs were fixed we would be here until the end of time. With as complex as games and such are today and computer programs, some using multiple programming languages, and perhaps hundreds and even thousands of lines of code, it's literally impossible for there to not be a bug somewhere, all you can do is minimize them. A healthy game needs to see a good round of bug fixing and new content both to stay alive in that sense.

Guys if this is going to turn into a flame fest on cryptic I will lock this thread. If you have new information about the bug(s) or a new bug related to this has surfaced you are free to post them here. You are also free to add your name to the list of people who have or are experiencing said bugs. What we're not going to do is flame cryptic for keeping to what we think their schedule should be. I personally handed over some reports myself and was able to crack some of these bugs. However simply knowing what's broke and actually being able to crank a fix are not the same thing. As I've explained prior it takes time to fix bugs properly. Kemocite was busted for 12 weeks before a proper fix was able to be introduced because the break was that severe.

With that said I did check in with the dev crew as I'm a dyson farmer myself. They are still formulating the fix and while I wasn't given a date or anything for obvious reasons, we will most likely see a fix or something not long after ViL has hit. Beyond that I don't know more nor would I be at liberty to discuss if I did. After every major expansion you usually see a good round of bug fixes, ViL i suspect will be no different.

With that all said, some folks need to realize that they're not going to put the entire game on hold for this. If they stopped releasing anything new or doing anything new until all bugs were fixed we would be here until the end of time. With as complex as games and such are today and computer programs, some using multiple programming languages, and perhaps hundreds and even thousands of lines of code, it's literally impossible for there to not be a bug somewhere, all you can do is minimize them. A healthy game needs to see a good round of bug fixing and new content both to stay alive in that sense.

i'm sorry to disagree. That's a very one dimensional view, and while I cant speak for all customers here, it makes me feel unheard. To some people the Dyson BZ IS THE GAME. You (the royal you, not you personally) can't be totally dismissive (or apparently so) of what you've built and what people have besome accoustomed to playing at the expense of everything else. There has to be a balance. I've spent a LOT of time and money making my boffs good for ground combat...they're useless now.

Of course I agree they shouldn't stop work on VIL, quite the contrary. I'm looking forward to it and pre-ordered the big vanguard pack. There's no way I want to see that delayed. AND I don't want zero work being done to fix a mess as big as the BZ is in. If they simply fixed Boffs not following correctly that would probably make it semi playable again, or added a temporary mechanic to get them to port to your position then at least you could hold them in place. Well at least for my part.

I know, as you say, it doesn't matter what I say. Shouldn't it though? I'm a paying customer, I understand I don't get to dictate policy, but if you don't listen to your customers I think the problem with that is self evident. I think we have been heard to a degree, the problem is known, they are working on it. That's all well and good (truly it is and thank you for that) However if a restraunt gave you poor service and said sorry you're SOL because we're launching a new menu in a few weeks I think you might start to see our point. Especially when multiple bugs as bad as theese absolutely should have been noticed before the patch went live. I'm still completely gobsmacked about that...

In any case, I appriciate your work, their work, and that the problem is being looked at. However locking people out because they disagree with you in a manner you've decided is not acceptable isn't really going to solve anything.You may not like it but criticism, no matter the form it takes is what updates your buisness. Without it the game will wither and die. Criticism, is rarely easy to listen to, and it's also rarely entirely civil. Tlhat's human beings for you, but if you take away their voice and ability to vent then I think you simply make matters worse.

Anyway that's my two cents. Thanks for your time.
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Hope when Vil runs smootlhy they can focus a bit on the Dyson ground BZ. Its one of the most replayable ground zones in game.
    Glad the 're looking in it.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
    narasil2 wrote: »
    i'm sorry to disagree. That's a very one dimensional view, and while I cant speak for all customers here, it makes me feel unheard. To some people the Dyson BZ IS THE GAME. You (the royal you, not you personally) can't be totally dismissive (or apparently so) of what you've built and what people have besome accoustomed to playing at the expense of everything else. There has to be a balance. I've spent a LOT of time and money making my boffs good for ground combat...they're useless now.

Of course I agree they shouldn't stop work on VIL, quite the contrary. I'm looking forward to it and pre-ordered the big vanguard pack. There's no way I want to see that delayed. AND I don't want zero work being done to fix a mess as big as the BZ is in. If they simply fixed Boffs not following correctly that would probably make it semi playable again, or added a temporary mechanic to get them to port to your position then at least you could hold them in place. Well at least for my part.

I know, as you say, it doesn't matter what I say. Shouldn't it though? I'm a paying customer, I understand I don't get to dictate policy, but if you don't listen to your customers I think the problem with that is self evident. I think we have been heard to a degree, the problem is known, they are working on it. That's all well and good (truly it is and thank you for that) However if a restraunt gave you poor service and said sorry you're SOL because we're launching a new menu in a few weeks I think you might start to see our point. Especially when multiple bugs as bad as theese absolutely should have been noticed before the patch went live. I'm still completely gobsmacked about that...

In any case, I appriciate your work, their work, and that the problem is being looked at. However locking people out because they disagree with you in a manner you've decided is not acceptable isn't really going to solve anything.You may not like it but criticism, no matter the form it takes is what updates your buisness. Without it the game will wither and die. Criticism, is rarely easy to listen to, and it's also rarely entirely civil. Tlhat's human beings for you, but if you take away their voice and ability to vent then I think you simply make matters worse.

Anyway that's my two cents. Thanks for your time.

It's refreshing to see someone voicing their frustrations without being openly hostile, so for that you get props. With that said, my previous warning stands. If folks have new information or wish to add their name to the list of people seeing these bugs they are welcome to do so. Asking if there are any available updates is permitted provided it is done civilly and respectfully. What is not and will not be permitted are attacks on Cryptic for perceived inaction (not per say you specifically but speaking to general audience.) That much is not open for debate as the rules are clear. Now that the obligatory statements have been made I shall address the rest of your post.

First I am NOT an actual employee of Cryptic and can only tell you guys what they tell me. Neither I or the actual devs like bugs anymore than you or anyone else does, which is why they have forums like this to report bugs and why I continue to pull double duty as a moderator and a bug basher. Like you I want to see the game get fixes where needed as we both enjoy the game i'm certain and want it to stick around for awhile. I've put quite a bit of work into my boffs over the years as well and believe me I get it, I don't like the bugs either when they bork my boffs. Dyson BZ is where I get most of my dilithium when I need to farm a ton of it out.

Since it doesn't give anything classified away I don't care to tell you guys that I was able to find the direct cause to one of the bugs. Getting it fixed is another matter entirely depending on how bad the break in the back end code is. Unfortunately I don't have access to an exact date for the fix. Adding full blown mechanics, even temporary ones like you're suggesting aren't as simple as they sound. To do even that little bit requires coding, which in turn will detract from getting the fix out faster. Like I've said prior I can confirm that they are still working on the fix. Sometimes fixes for bugs of this magnitude take time to correct. As I pointed out prior, Kemocite took 12 weeks to fix due to how broken it actually was. When dealing with code a single one or zero out of place can crash the entire thing.

As someone who does small time modding I can understand why they may take longer to fix certain things. Would you rather them put out a temporary fix only to have to do 7-12 more small hot fixes later, or would you rather them take their time and get it right with one go?

As for ViL, this is the 25th anniversary of DS9 and they're going to want to make sure they get this right as they only get one shot at this. Folks are free to voice frustrations provided it is done civilly and respectfully, attacks are not tolerated.

With all of that said, the moment I know more, you guys will know more. Beyond that I have nothing else I can give you guys.

• shade0110shade0110 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) - keep it classy
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • spitfire216spitfire216 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

They're not asking the devs to drop everything and work solely on the bug fixes dude. But the devs need to get their priorities straight. New content is fine but they need to maintain the game and deal with the bugs before they put out new content. Upkeep and maintanence is of the utmost importance when it comes to large games like this and when it's not taken care of regularly, and not every three months, eventually, like anything that gets neglected, it breaks down to the point of being unusable, or in this case unplayable.

I don't want to see the game fall on its face and into ruin and I do like new content like the rest of them, but when the problems are not addressed and dealt with in a timely manner it becomes a major problem. Negligence like that is inexcusable and can hurt just about any business that is selling, or in this case, submitting a product to people who are looking for a fun game to play with friends.

Your statement of locking the thread didn't help matters either. It was a bit unethical at worst if not just uncalled for. People are rightly irritated and frustrated by this and they feel like they're being ignored. And making a statement like that just proves them right. It would be nice if we at least got an acknowledgement that our complaints are being taken into consideration and not being tossed directly into the paper shredder. If anybody is saying inflamnatory remarks about the devs they're mad. Can you really blame them? I mean, I understand what you're getting at, but talking to people like they're children and telling them to play nice is just going to make them angrier. Just a simple message telling us that the people in charge of bugs are working on the issues would suffice.
    They're not asking the devs to drop everything and work solely on the bug fixes dude. But the devs need to get their priorities straight. New content is fine but they need to maintain the game and deal with the bugs before they put out new content. Upkeep and maintanence is of the utmost importance when it comes to large games like this and when it's not taken care of regularly, and not every three months, eventually, like anything that gets neglected, it breaks down to the point of being unusable, or in this case unplayable.

I don't want to see the game fall on its face and into ruin and I do like new content like the rest of them, but when the problems are not addressed and dealt with in a timely manner it becomes a major problem. Negligence like that is inexcusable and can hurt just about any business that is selling, or in this case, submitting a product to people who are looking for a fun game to play with friends.

Your statement of locking the thread didn't help matters either. It was a bit unethical at worst if not just uncalled for. People are rightly irritated and frustrated by this and they feel like they're being ignored. And making a statement like that just proves them right. It would be nice if we at least got an acknowledgement that our complaints are being taken into consideration and not being tossed directly into the paper shredder. If anybody is saying inflamnatory remarks about the devs they're mad. Can you really blame them? I mean, I understand what you're getting at, but talking to people like they're children and telling them to play nice is just going to make them angrier. Just a simple message telling us that the people in charge of bugs are working on the issues would suffice.

Acknowledgement has already been given multiple times. As I said I turned in several reports myself that were acknowledged. It takes time to fix bugs properly which is what they've been doing. If I had more specific information I would give it to you guys but I do not. After tomorrow they will be freed up to put more resources and so on towards these fixes. Simply because a fix is not given immediately does not mean a fix isn't coming. Some of the same arguments were thrown around when the Kemocite bug was going around. Like I said, a fix is coming and I know for a fact they are working on it. Beyond that I can't give you information that I myself do not have.

Folks are free to voice frustrations provided it is done in a civil and respectful manor and add their name to the list of people effected, otherwise attacking Cryptic will not help anyone.

edited June 2018
    @darkbladejk with all due respect, I don't see anyone being openly hostile nor attacking Cryptic in this thread. Where did that come from, please?
    Demanding? Sure, and they have all the right to be that way. Or, are players not supposed to voice their opinions and frustrations with a game they love and many support with their $$$? Seems overprotective/defensive on your part and frankly, uncalled for. Just my 2 cents.

Also, I believe you meant to say "manner", not "manor" in your last paragraph above :)
    Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on
    Fixed at last! Fixed at last! Thank god almighty fixed at last!....at least the boff following issue ")
    they're back. On my Jem vanguard I'm only able to take one boff to the ground bz
    Appears to be fixed...
    NO to ARC
    The "pathing" and most bugs have been fixed (yay), BUT, BOffs are still not attacking/gun missing.
    One of the 2 may attack but even then it fires with long hesitations between bursts.
    NO to ARC