test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enhancement for the Duty Office Assignments

tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
I have been plying STO for almost three years now. I can honestly say that I spend most of my time doing character maintenance vs actually playing the game. This comes down to four areas. DOFF Missions, Admiralty Missions, Accolade Hunting, and reward Hunting. For the purposes of this discussion I will only discuss the DOFF Missions.

Right now DOFF Missions are broken down into categories. Each categories has its own screen.
  • Current Map
  • Personal
    • Department Heads
    • First Officer
    • Diplomatic Assignments (FED)
    • Marauding Assignments (KDF)
    • Trade Assignments
  • Engineering
    • Engineering Assignments
  • Operation
    • Colony Assignments
    • Development Assignments
  • Science
    • Science Assignments
    • Exploration Assignments
  • Medical
    • Medical Assignments
  • Tactical
    • Military Assignments
    • Espionage Assignments
  • Security
    • Espionage Assignments

This structure does not serve a point other than making the player have to jump back and forth finding Assignments to send DOFFs. In addition the Department Heads don’t serve any real purpose other than allowing for Enabling the First Officer Recommendations.

My proposed solution is to flatten out the assignments window by having one sortable window where the player can decide the criteria for which missions are important to the player (Assignment Chains, Mission Rewards, Experience, Commendation XP, EC, or Dilithium, Time to Complete, Most likely of success)

Department Heads are still important but serve a different purpose. They act and assignments boosters (now there is a real reason to have choose the right BOFF and dare I say it purchase additional BOFF slots from the C-Store) The best Assignments boosts would come by having a Very Rare BOFF of the correct assignment type, assigned a head to a single department.

Example of Boosts:

-2% if Common BOFF is used
-1% if Uncommon BOFF is used
+0% if Rare BOFF is used
+1% if Very Rare BOFF is used

+%0 Right Class of BOFF is used
-5% Wrong Class of BOFF is used

-1% If Single BOFF is assigned to 2 Departments as Head
-2% If Single BOFF is assigned to 3 Departments as Head
-3% If Single BOFF is assigned to 4 Departments as Head
-4% If Single BOFF is assigned to 5 Departments as Head
-6% If Single BOFF is assigned to 6 Departments as Head
-9% If Single BOFF is assigned to 7 Departments as Head
-13% If Single BOFF is assigned to 8 Departments as Head
-19% If Single BOFF is assigned to 9 Departments as Head
-28% If Single BOFF is assigned to 10 Departments as Head
-41% If Single BOFF is assigned to 11 Departments as Head
-60% If Single BOFF is assigned to 12 Departments as Head

Finally the other major gripe is not having the ability to replicate items that are required directly as part of the assignment screen. We know that most of the items can be replicated, but half the time when clicking on the replicate button, the assignment screen is lost and now the player is back to hunting for the assignment that they wanted to run after replicating enough items. Just having a pop window or something to say "hey it going to cost you x ec to replicate items to meet the requirements, are you sure?" Even it it cost twice as much it would sill be worth it.

In the off chance that someone from Crypic or Perfect World sees this, please consider making this enhancement, in an upcoming release.
Tagged:

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, doffing/admiralty sucks in that, that's all I seem to do! I have 8 toons and if I 'do it right' it can take me 3hrs to get them all done! I pretty much run the same doff missions all the time, it would be nice if (not gonna happen, I know) you could set doff missions to auto-start whenever those missions become available. Or if we could tag missions so they show up under the near useless (for Fed) First Officer button. Then you could just look under First Officer for your preferred missions instead of having to look under 8 separate lists.

As it is now, unless it's one of my days off of work, I don't do any doffing/admiralty. If I only have 30mins to 1hr to play, I'm gonna pew-pew instead of playing Star Trek Accounting Online.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback. The DOFF missions as well as other were built as time syncs, which is not necessary a bad thing. However it does become a bad thing when you have time sync after time sync after time sync as the main feature of a game. When Crypic added the Admiralty Missions they should have had a plan to streamline the existing DOFF missions, hence the original post. I tried to keep it balanced by rounding down the chances of success, however still providing a mechanism to reach have a standard success by investing into the game, in this case by having to have more BOFF of the correct type and assigning them a heads of the department.

I know its a long shot but I still hope to provide constructive feedback.
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    And for the fact that Sector map is partially broke. You can enter certain sectors and they show new currentmap missions then 1 second later it reverts to a default missions list. Its been a bug since new map system started and hasnt been fixed yet.