test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Victory is Life : TV show Episodes

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
@ambassadorkael#6946

Has there been any posts or Dev Blog recommending which Episodes of the Star Trek TV shows to catch up and watch prior to this expansion going live???
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    deep space nine seasons 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

you are welcome
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    If you haven't watched DS9 before and are trying to understand the story before VIL goes live, watch the first two episodes(Emisary part 1 and 2), the last episode of Season 2, then start with season 3 and watch everything involving the Dominion/Jem'Hadar, which is the main ongoing story for the rest of the show.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

you are welcome

Uh....not quite what I meant.

The Devs usually have a list of Episodes we can watch that is concise and focuses on the episodes that inspired the missions, and such, in the upcoming expansion. LOL!

I just don't see it anywhere, right now.
    At least, you gave it the old college try.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    If you haven't watched DS9 before and are trying to understand the story before VIL goes live, watch the first two episodes(Emisary part 1 and 2), the last episode of Season 2, then start with season 3 and watch everything involving the Dominion/Jem'Hadar, which is the main ongoing story for the rest of the show.

Well, I did attempt to watch DS9. And it failed to gain and keep my interest.

I got to Season 4...Rules of Engagement. Matter of fact, it is still on my Watchlist on Amazon Prime, not even at the half way mark on that episode. LOL!

And vowed I would NEVER try to "binge watch" any Star Trek TV program, again.

So, do not mind a few episodes here and there to get familiar with upcoming STO Expansion, just not doing every episode for several seasons in a row.

And I am very honored you came by to leave a note here, have not seen you in a long while, @thegrandnagus1

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    It is all fan fiction from here sweetheart
    welcome to the dark depths.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Good job I started watching through the entire show in January start to end.

I'd assume they think if they said which episodes to watch, then they might spoiler some story.

I'd guess good ones to watch are;

The Abandoned (we know that kid is back)

Battle Lines (not revisiting the Ennis planet would be a waste)

To the Death (good overview of the Jem'Hadar)

Hippocratic Oath (mutated Jem'Hadar might pop up in the Dominion faction story)

Quickening or Statistical Probabilities (any Bashir centric stuff might reference one of these)

The Magnificent Ferengi (covering all the Ferengi who will pop up)

Treachery, Faith and the Great River (background on Weyoun clones, the history of Vorta and some good Weyoun on Odo action)

Take Me Out to the Holosuite (no way we're not getting that outfit!)

One Little Ship (not story, but the reputation references it)

Sacrifice of Angels (this mainly ties into 2800, but given that it is getting re-voiced it is worth a replay and hence this is worth a rewatch)

The Die is Cast and other Tain episodes (for Garak's history, we know his ship is named after Tain)

The whole final 2 seasons.
    jade1280 wrote: »
    It is all fan fiction from here sweetheart
    welcome to the dark depths.

Fan Fic is the dark depths, huh? LOL!

edited May 2018

To the Death (good overview of the Jem'Hadar)....<snip>....

OK...this I can deal with. Thank you. :)

I will try to get to all of these...but I probably will not be able to finish the last two seasons....THAT is too much Star Trek at one throw.....maybe I will be able to do one or two episodes a day of that over several weekend or something.

Browsing through the Episode list the other day on Amazon Prime... I remembered the one where the Ferengi got stuck in Roswell, NM...that was a funny one. And the one where Quark becomes the head of the Klingon house....that was funny, too.

• isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    THAT is too much Star Trek at one throw

Heresy! How is that possible!

If not the last two seasons, then at least the final two parter of course.

Oh and given that In Purgatory's Shadow & By Inferno's Light might be good as we see a Dominion prison, the Jem'Hadar admiration of the Klingons, the Bashir changeling story, Garak's resolution with Tain and the real Martok being found and joining DS9 full time at the end.
    Browsing through the Episode list the other day on Amazon Prime... I remembered the one where the Ferengi got stuck in Roswell, NM...that was a funny one. And the one where Quark becomes the head of the Klingon house....that was funny, too.

Of course great DS9 episodes generally would be a different list. Duet for example is awesome, but I doubt they'd find a way to run a mission off it. In the Pale Moonlight also would be on the list if it wasn't for the fact Avery Brooks won't be bringing Sisko back.

I forgot to add Emissary Pt 1 and 2 and the last episode of season 2 is actually called "The Jem'Hadar" to the list. Hmm...supposedly watched it already, but I don't remember it. Thanks The Grand Nagus1.

My Fleet Leader told me long ago, I should go watch everything having to do with the Dominion Wars because THAT was when DS9 "got really good". Though, never really liked war stuff...so I never did watch it....(also, part of the reason I don't like Discovery).

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    My Fleet Leader told me long ago, I should go watch everything having to do with the Dominion Wars because THAT was when DS9 "got really good". Though, never really liked war stuff...so I never did watch it....(also, part of the reason I don't like Discovery).

Yeah, there were 2 huge turning points in DS9, for me. One was when they got the Defiant, the other was when Worf joined the cast. From then on it was just fantastic (to me).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited May 2018
    Heresy! How is that possible!

I am finding I watched more of the Star Trek movies over the years....than the TV shows. (I can not wait to see Chris Hemsworth :::swoon:::: in the new one about George Kirk, for obvious reasons.) (Thor is such a babe)

It is not like TV show these days...10 episodes per season.
    DS9 Season 1 started with 19 episodes, Season 2 has 26 episodes...etc... Plus, I don't think their commercial breaks were as long back then...so you get more show.

Serious. It is watching a heck of a lot of TV.
    Oh and given that In Purgatory's Shadow & By Inferno's Light might be good as we see a Dominion prison, the Jem'Hadar admiration of the Klingons, the Bashir changeling story, Garak's resolution with Tain and the real Martok being found and joining DS9 full time at the end.

I saw that one with Tain, Garak's father, when I was watching a list of shows with Martok in it. I will watch it, again, though my memory being what it is. It is good to refresh things in my mind.

I guess, you can tell, I like making to-do lists. Habit. LOL!
    Of course great DS9 episodes generally would be a different list. Duet for example is awesome, but I doubt they'd find a way to run a mission off it. In the Pale Moonlight also would be on the list if it wasn't for the fact Avery Brooks won't be bringing Sisko back.

"In the Pale Moonlight" sounds familiar for some reason. I will put it and "Duet" on the end of the list....watch them when I can.

OK...off to Wiki everything and write down Season and Episode numbers. Before I need to get lunch going.

P.S. Thought I should add: I am an old, married broad...not a gamer dude.

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    You can watch all episodes on netflix planning to rewatch it myself when I get home on Sunday ^^
    jim625 wrote: »
    You can watch all episodes on netflix planning to rewatch it myself when I get home on Sunday ^^

It is all on Amazon Prime Video, also. All seasons, all Star Trek Shows...except the Animated Series, for some reason.

edited May 2018
    ********UPDATED 12 May 2018********

Recommended DS9 Episodes For Victory is Life
    Listed by Season and Episode...based on listing by isthisscience. Thanks!
    No word from Devs, yet....these are from Forumites:
    isthisscience, thegrandnagus1, markhawkman, azrael605

The Emissary Pt 1 and Pt 2 Season 1 Episode 1 and 2
    (If you haven't seen DS9, thegrandnagus1 recommendation)

Battle Lines Season 1 Episode 12
    (not revisiting the Ennis planet would be a waste)

Duet Season 1 Episode 18
    (Extra itthisscience fav)

++++++++

The Jem’hadar Season 2 Episode 26
    (thegrandnagus1 and markhawkman recommends)

++++++++

The Abandoned Season 3 Episode 6
    (we know that kid is back)

The Die is Cast Season 3 Episode 21
    and other Tain episodes (for Garak's history, we know his ship is named after Tain)

+++++++

Hippocratic Oath Season 4 Episode 3
    (mutated Jem'Hadar might pop up in the Dominion faction story)

To the Death Season 4 Episode 22
    (good overview of the Jem'Hadar)

Quickening Season 4 Episode 23
    (any Bashir centric stuff might reference)

+++++++

The Ship Season 5 Episode 2
    (Kilana)

In Purgatory's Shadow Season 5 Episode 14
    (Jem’hadar related)

By Inferno's Light Season 5 Episode 15
    (Jem’hadar related)

Call to Arms Season 5 Episode 26
    (mining the wormhole, markhawkman recommends)

++++++

Sacrifice of Angels Season 6 Episode 6
    (this mainly ties into 2800, but given that it is getting re-voiced it is worth a replay and hence this is worth a rewatch)

Statistical Probabilities Season 6 Episode 9
    (any Bashir centric stuff might reference)

The Magnificent Ferengi Season 6 Episode 10
    (covering all the Ferengi who will pop up, isthisscience and markhawkman recommends)

One Little Ship Season 6 Episode 14
    (not story, but the reputation references it)

In the Pale Moonlight Season 6 Episode 19
    (Extra isthisscience fav)

+++++++

Take Me Out to the Holosuite Season 7 Episode 4
    (no way we're not getting that outfit!)

Treachery, Faith and the Great River Season 7 Episode 6
    (background on Weyoun clones, the history of Vorta and some good Weyoun on Odo action)

Siege of AR-558 Season 7 Episode 8
    (good Nog episode, azrael605 recommends)

Penumbra Season 7 Episode 17
    (Sisko and Yates, Dukat and the Pahwraaiths, markhawkman recommends)

Tacking Into the Wind Season 7 Episode 22
    (Luaren, end of the war, markhawkman recommends)
    Post edited by where2r1 on

I would appreciate if anyone sees a list of Episodes from the Devs anywhere.... OR has additions... shoot me a link on this post.

Looks like my free time is going to be streaming TV shows.

azrael605 wrote: »
    Netflix and CBS AA have all of the shows, including TAS, though Netflix in the US doesn't have Discovery.

So, Azrael...have you no favorites about the Jem'hadar from the DS9 program?

• locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User

you are welcome

I'd also watch TOS, TNG, VOY and ENT for context. Maybe even the movies too if you have time.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,853 Arc User
    Good job I started watching through the entire show in January start to end.

I'd assume they think if they said which episodes to watch, then they might spoiler some story.

To the Death (good overview of the Jem'Hadar)

Hippocratic Oath (mutated Jem'Hadar might pop up in the Dominion faction story)

Quickening or Statistical Probabilities (any Bashir centric stuff might reference one of these)

The Magnificent Ferengi (covering all the Ferengi who will pop up)

Treachery, Faith and the Great River (background on Weyoun clones, the history of Vorta and some good Weyoun on Odo action)

Take Me Out to the Holosuite (no way we're not getting that outfit!)

One Little Ship (not story, but the reputation references it)

Sacrifice of Angels (this mainly ties into 2800, but given that it is getting re-voiced it is worth a replay and hence this is worth a rewatch)

The Die is Cast and other Tain episodes (for Garak's history, we know his ship is named after Tain)

The whole final 2 seasons.

i want a real niners Jersey for fridays when everyone else wears thier real team jerseys
    Spock.jpg

edited May 2018
    I tried to watch that "Duet" yesterday afternoon, and fell asleep....
    when the dialog started focusing on Kyra, the Bajoran lady.

I, also, realize I, seriously, need to quit waking up at 2am.

And that these two things may be tied together.

you are welcome

I'd also watch TOS, TNG, VOY and ENT for context. Maybe even the movies too if you have time.

Very funny....you two should take your act on the road. :)

(Yes, I know you were being tounge in cheek, there...Locustus...."of cactus"...you live in AZ? I do, and my yard is full of cactus.)

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What? we have cactus in Arkansas too! :p

I'd go with:
    The Jem'Hadar(Eris)
    The Ship(Kilana)
    The Magnificent Ferengi(Yelgrun, Quark being REALLY sneaky)
    Treachery, Faith and the Great River(Weyoun 6 and 7)
    Call to Arms(mining the wormhole)
    Penumbra(Sisko and Yates, Dukat and the Pahwraaiths)
    Tacking Into the Wind(Luaren, end of the war)

What? Understanding the Vorta is important :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2018

Really? How about a 12 foot tall 4-headed Saguaro??? I was told THAT is unique.
    That mf cost me an arm and a leg and it was only 4 foot when I had it planted.
    Understanding the Vorta is important :p

Added to the list... and yes, Vorta is important to that Dominion stuff.
    Did they add Vorta to the Jem'Hadar Faction? Cryptic sure are being tight lipped about everything.

I have heard of "Pah-wraith" (corrected spelling) somewhere....but do not remember where???
    I see "wraith" in there and think, "Uh oh....some sort of specter or other ghostly horror."

I will Google it.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Really? How about a 12 foot tall 4-headed Saguaro??? I was told THAT is unique.
    That mf cost me an arm and a leg and it was only 4 foot when I had it planted.
    Ok, not Saguaro. but we do have Prickly Pears.... Which people either grow for decoration or food. yes, I eat them.
    Did they add Vorta to the Jem'Hadar Faction? Cryptic sure are being tight lipped about everything.
    Oh, yeah, that :/
    I have heard of "Pah-wraith" (corrected spelling) somewhere....but do not remember where???
    I see "wraith" in there and think, "Uh oh....some sort of specter or other ghostly horror."

I will Google it.
    They're basically evil counterparts of the Prophets. Mem alpha article
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I just finished watching "The Jem'Hadar"... that was a pretty cool story. :smiley:

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Personally, I just don't see Vorta as being playable. STO captains are far too violent for Vortas. If we had standard Captains where they stayed on the ship and let the away team have all the fun or have different modes of gameplay like diplomacy, then Vorta captains would make sense. However, I just don't see a Vorta beaming down to a planet to fight with a bunch of hostile aliens.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Personally, I just don't see Vorta as being playable. STO captains are far too violent for Vortas. If we had standard Captains where they stayed on the ship and let the away team have all the fun or have different modes of gameplay like diplomacy, then Vorta captains would make sense. However, I just don't see a Vorta beaming down to a planet to fight with a bunch of hostile aliens.

DIPLOMACY???? Odd, Eris, the woman Vorta, came across as completely ruthless and having no compassion in this episode. Several times she suggested leaving the Ferengi behind, because who cares about that creature?

And not completely defenseless...as she threw an psychic lighting ball at Sisko and knocked him on his behind, without a second thought. LOL!

Sorry, had to go make breakfast...

Let me continue by saying: Eris, showed she was cold and calculating by her having not an issue at all in playing a friend and weak in order to make her deception work on Sisko.

It was Quark, being suspicious and more alert to distrustful dealings by nature (of his "business", possibly??), that actually uncovered her ruse. At which point, she showed her true colors.

Until she was revealed for what she really was...I thought it was pretty out of place that this "feared soldier of the Gamma Quadrant"admired Klingon for being great warriors, yet, fell over so quickly to Sisko (basically, a desk jockey) and the "sharp quick reflexes" of Quark (a bartender businessman).

This discussion has been closed.