test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Landing Page Feedback Thread

Comments

• maritainmaritain Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    HATE IT.

I can maybe sorta see a rationale for having a landing page on login, however weak; it could give one an idea of what one could do today, etc., although I hate having it there, because I know what I want to do already.

Do NOT put it on my logout box. DO. NOT.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    The size of it on my screen is OK....but then I am on a desktop with a 27 inch widescreen and I can't see worth a dang. Is this the video game equal to LARGE PRINT BOOKS for us old folks??? LOL! I am sure anyone on a laptop is unhappy.

As for it popping up EVERY Character change???? Why?
    Game seems to pause while it waits for it to load. Are you trying to pad time we are on the game? LOL!

I think it makes the "OPTIONS" look nicer....though the Buttons on the MAIN MENU does not stand out very well now, that the Landing Page has larger print. So, do something about that.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Good idea but its missing events.
  • prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Once per login to the game I could handle, not every god damn character. I have 12 toons, if I go into each of them twice a session I'll see that incredibly annoying popup every ***** time.

If your masters mandated it, at least make it once per account login not character. It's very very annoying.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    natthaan wrote: »
    Please give us an option to disable or remove this from the game, it's very annoying to see this every time we log in

I demand the option to disable, as well.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • sirdaemonsirdaemon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have thoughts on the new Landing Page? Leave them here, and thanks!

The new landing page is terrible. Please either give us an option to disable it or revert back to before the update.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    Disable option, that is all.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Once per login to the game I could handle, not every god damn character. I have 12 toons, if I go into each of them twice a session I'll see that incredibly annoying popup every ***** time.

If your masters mandated it, at least make it once per account login not character. It's very very annoying.

^This
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Guys... Baddmoon said earlier in the thread that the Landing Page isn't working as intended already.

Give 'em a break, let them sort it out so that it IS working, THEN judge it.

You know, it'd be a lot more helpful if we knew what it was that wasn't working. Like, is it that it pops up on character change rather than only on first log in? That it prolongs and freezes screens upon log in? That it has the wrong info on it? All of the above? Something else entirely.

They asked for feedback but won't tell us what it is that's not working correctly, so we can only offer feedback from what we've got.
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    Please remove it, it doesnt look good at all. Also it makes the game feel like it was made by a bad company.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Obnoxiously large and no way of disabling it.

There's a doff store promo running and an obnoxiously large window would be the ideal place to advertise that rather than the infinity boxes which started running several weeks ago.

Likewise the MI event just started and there's no mention of that either.

I suppose we can all look forward to being told about flash sales for a week or more after they've ended rather than when they might be running.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Guys... Baddmoon said earlier in the thread that the Landing Page isn't working as intended already.

Give 'em a break, let them sort it out so that it IS working, THEN judge it.

Give 'em a break because they released bugged content? Really? It's that kind of attitude that, dare I say, promotes the future release of bugged content and allows continuing bugs to be unaddressed. This Landing Page wasn't even out for an hour before complaints came in, how hard could it have been to catch before being released?

I sure hope that Cryptic listens to feedback and allows for disabling this feature altogether.
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Well, that went better than expected. /s
  • fun4ever#6757 fun4ever Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    My feedback:

Add way to DISABLE it completely (ASAP), from login and from esc menu.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    Give 'em a break because they released bugged content? Really? It's that kind of attitude that, dare I say, promotes the future release of bugged content and allows continuing bugs to be unaddressed.

It's that kind of attitude that helps fix problems with the least blood shed in forum discourse. If you're at a point where you need to "give a dev a break" from anything one's laying in far too much emotion into simple feedback. It's tempting to try to leverage outrage for to establish a greater imperative but the facts can only be taken so far and pushing beyond them (ex. decrying a pop-up as a Third Impact level Armageddon) undermines whatever reasoned point one arrived at discussion with.

Give suggestions, be cognizant of limitations, and leave it at that.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    not working as intended.....

Good to see tribble being put to good use in making sure nothing goes live without thorough testing.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Please just highlight the code for the Landing Page, press [Del], and then save the file. We'll all be a lot happier that way :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Just out of interest purely, why the feel for this to be added now?
    All the info it presents AND MORE! is already in the Hail page of the UI anyway so are you suggesting you think people cannot find info about the game easily enough?
    Is this your way for fixing people getting lost in the UI?
    Do you really think we as players are that dumb that we need some idiotic pop-up to know what is going in the game?
    SulMatuul.png
  • theomenntheomenn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Once per login to the game I could handle. Every time, its getting very annoying.
    Please just highlight the code for the Landing Page, press [Del], and then save the file. We'll all be a lot happier that way :)

Nope, not all. A landing page helps keep the general community up to date. There's alternatives but in one way or another they have less utility and reach. This is something STO could use. It simply needs refinement and (IMO) more content.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    natthaan wrote: »
    Please give us an option to disable or remove this from the game, it's very annoying to see this every time we log in

This ^

I wouldn't mind it one time on initial log in, but for every character?? Terrible.

Also, really, really don't like it popping up again on log out (as part of the close out options window). Super annoying.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Yes feedback is either place an option to disable this page as I have 28 characters to cycle through daily to refine dil, reset admiralty on or lose me as a customer as i'm not prepared to have this thing pop up in my face every time I switch characters and have to close it down.

I'll give you until next Thursday to code this into the game if I can tolerate it for a week.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • mjolldirmjolldir Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Its a pain in the TRIBBLE, remove it or add an option to toggle it off, after if there are some gluttons for punishment that want to keep it on, well let them have fun.
    IMG_260543.jpg

Also, really, really don't like it popping up again on log out (as part of the close out options window). Super annoying.

That I like. Other games make calling up the splash page part of a separate menu and that can be a little clunky to work through. Adding it to the main options menu is simple and interferes not at all with those function. It just calls for an adjustment to get accustomed to the new visuals and button position (ie. the least of all possible complaints.)
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    No. Just no.
    Thank you.
  • korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Sorry Guy's, April 1st is gone, long ago.

You have patched in a very big bug, called "landing page". Remove it!

That I like. Other games make calling up the splash page part of a separate menu and that can be a little clunky to work through. Adding it to the main options menu is simple and interferes not at all with those function. It just calls for an adjustment to get accustomed to the new visuals and button position (ie. the least of all possible complaints.)

Agreed. I really like that I can access this page again so easily and I don't care if the character change/exit UI is one tiny box in the middle of the screen or one tiny box off to the left of the screen that's part of a much bigger box with other info in it. Yes it'll take a bit of getting used to to remember to click out left, rather than center but I should lodge itself in a couple of weeks.
    But the fact that you get it on each log off/exit/character change also makes it unnecessary to have it on each character log in. Sorry, but that's overkill.