test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Landing Page Feedback Thread

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Have thoughts on the new Landing Page? Leave them here, and thanks!

Comments

• natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Please give us an option to disable or remove this from the game, it's very annoying to see this every time we log in
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    A few initial thoughts:

1) The Featured Episode pane isn't really helpful when there's no Featured Episode ongoing. (At least, I can't access Renegade's Regret on a character that hasn't gotten that far in the New Frontiers arc, despite it still being featured in the Featured Episode tab.)

2) "What's New" may be a nice pane to have within a month of a new major release (Full season, half season, anniversary/summer/winter event, and expansions), but after that it's not really new. Expansions maybe can go 2 months (for returning players).

3) The C-Store pane should reflect new, interesting deals. Buying Keys for the Infinity Lockbox isn't exactly new or interesting. This would be a great time to spotlight the Elite Starter Pack or link to the Arc website page for the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack in anticipation of next month's expansion launch.

4) While the Romulan Minefield is new (well, revamped, but not exactly the same as the old Minefield queues), the current 3-week event is the Mirror Universe. This would be a good page to put it so players can hop right to the Normal difficulty version of the queue or to load up the queue UI with 1 click.

5) I don't know if the technology exists yet for this, but maybe have a rotating array of information that can be displayed, either every X hours/days or every time a log-in is detected?
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    All I am seeing in chat is people asking how do they get rid of this. It is very annoying.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    need disable feature for this... never requested and don't want.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    I vote for changing it so you can see it on every map transfer.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • crystyllcrystyll Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    YBWyACJ.png

Seriously guys... promotions are a necessity, I get that. But this is just silly - even sillier than the price tags on the 3D printed ships! Once, when you first log in is more than enough to see the same thing. So please, for the love of all things Trek and the quality of your playerbase's experience, put this right.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    I vote for changing it so you can see it on every map transfer.

Please make it a permanent element of the UI in the upper left corner. We need to be reminded constantly to buy keys pig-2.gif

No, in all seriousness: Please offer a "toggle landing page" option. A new player past level 10 might get some benefit from this, but as a veteran player I really do not see why I would have to see this every time I switch characters. It's an annoying UI element that obstructs my view when I log in I have to click away before I can play. And it doesn't, in my opinion, offer anything of use. Please allow us to disable this feature.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Okay, that was actually worse than I expected.

1) Not only does this one not close down upon moving like the one in Neverwinter, I can't even move with it open! Also, actually clicking on one of the buttons on it takes me to another pop up UI - which is fine - but when I close that the Landing Page isn't gone too. It takes me right back to the Landing Page instead, complete with inability to move. No.

2) Why is there a Featured Episode window when there's no Featured Episode? Wouldn't that be more useful for promoting something else. Like, take today. We have Mirror Invasion Event and the Junior Officers event (and for the quick the tails end of the Phoenix Prize Pack Event). Any and all of these would make more sense in that window than a no longer existing Featured Episode.

3)Yes I know you want us to buy keys, but maybe try promoting your C-Store on something more exiting than keys. Sure as hell not gonna make me wanna go there.

4) The window with the new queue Romulan Minefield actually makes sense and is kinda nice, but maybe you should think about rotating the content there and promote different queues? Might get some of the older queues going, who knows? (If this window already rotates content and I just didn't stick around in-game long enough to find out, please ignore this.)

5) Please give us a way to disable this? Or at minimum make it so it isn't upon every character change but only upon log in of the first character. I have about 5-10 characters I cycle through quickly and even this one time this was incredibly irritating. Having to deal with this every day is going to be discouraging from playing the game and I can't hink of how this is going to feel to players that have more characters than I do.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Please give us the option to disable this entirely, or change it to only display the first time you log in every day or something. Getting this every time I switch characters is already getting very annoying.

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • abralambabralamb Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    please remove it from log into character. it is ok as a replacement for that esc dialog box only... NOT on log into character !!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    +1 for a disable completely option.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    First log in of the day - fair enough. Every time I log in or out of a character is just too annoying.The information is on the launcher any way.....
  • ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    i HATE the new landing page it takes up the screen and shouldnt be in your face like that it should be only an option on weather to view it or not. Fix it before season 15 comes out. we have a news page on the website if we want to see the latest news it doesnt need to be in game also. This is directed at the game developers and admins
  • ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Have thoughts on the new Landing Page? Leave them here, and thanks!

i HATE the new landing page it takes up the screen and shouldnt be in your face like that it should be only an option on weather to view it or not. Fix it before season 15 comes out. we have a news page on the website if we want to see the latest news it doesnt need to be in game also.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Damn annoying already.
  • necaradan666necaradan666 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    SUPREMELY

dissatisfied · discontented · aggrieved · resentful · fed up · displeased · unhappy · disappointed · disaffected · malcontent · angry · irate · annoyed · cross · exasperated · indignant · vexed · irritated · piqued · irked · put out · out of temper · sulky · sullen · petulant · peevish · grumpy · churlish · testy · peeved · miffed · aggravated · TRIBBLE off · riled · hot under the collar · in a huff · cheesed off · narked · eggy · not best pleased · sore · teed off · ticked off · vexed · snuffy
  • reguliskhanreguliskhan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This new landing screen pop up/ advert is just plain awful please remove it, fire the guy that thought it was a good idea to add adverts for the C store and for broken bugged missions. At the very least let us disable it or give us the option to disable it.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    • Queue spotlight I like. When there isn't a new release that could be cycled to less played choice to help those get some attention outside of an endeavor.
    • Could use more stuff to make it worthwhile. 4 items covering only core content (lock box, episode, queue) doesn't provide players with more than basic intel about big content updates. For example: the junior officer event, duty officer promo, and mirror invasion event are not listed. Those I thought would be higher priority (they cycle frequently, involve c-store sales, and players could use more of a heads-up.)
    • Another highlight to add: Foundry spotlight (either the latest or a random selection from the list to keep it equitable over time)
    • Another suggestion: short cuts? Add links to duty officers, admiralty, and rep as small buttons on the side so players can jump straight to those. Foundry UI button would good too.
    • Could use a disable feature on log in (folks will still see it when they log out.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • athyinliveathyinlive Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Hello,

+1 for the option to disable it
    stofr_11.png
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Please remove this, it's very annoying.
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I don't know who came up with the idea, but this landing page is annoying and doesn't add anything to the game. We already know where to find the news, we don't need this irritating screen everytime we login to a character.
  • cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I want to disable this. Its gives me zero good info and it takes up way to much of my screen plus seeing it when I go to change chars and when I log into a new one it pops up again is to much. I may just skip over buying that new mega pack bc this has tricked me off that much.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I had to log on and see what the fuss was about.

Basically it adds 7 more clicks to my day that already has many thousands. So I guess I would describe it as somewhat irritating.

My main concern was whether it would lag or hang my game and it doesn't seem to so that's o k.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."