test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Game Crash

Is anyone else having a issue where you are in the game and it all of a sudden crashes to your desktop? I noticed this has been going on lately

Comments

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Yes, two times this week, completely random, while doing nothing special at the time. First I think was waiting for the queues to pop, second I was equipping items on a new ship. After crashing to desktop, it would also get stuck on Verify and had to restart PC to get it working again.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    You guys running the 64 bit client?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    how do I know if your running that? also why is the 64bit crashing
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Don't know the why... but when you have the launcher up, click options. If the "Run 32 bit client" is not checked... you're running the 64 bit client. Try running the 32 bit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    I haven't had many problems with crashes until recently and the crashes are making up for lost time. From frequent to least frequent the crashes happen when:
    -I change map
    -interact with exchange, inventory, and other windows.
    -randomly when I'm standing around.
  • mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Have had this happen to me twice just today. Before now, it hasn't had a hard CTD since the addition of the last season.
  • mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The game crashings are continuing, but I have noticed it happens more often when I open my character window, and then click on a tab to change the window. Doind so will result in the occasional crash to desktop. Averaging about once every hour. A completely unacceptable occurrance to be frank.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    stop crashing when I go back to 32bit client. their 64bit client is not ready for prime time... seriously borked.
  • autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Yes I've managed to copy the error log if that helps...
    Faulting application name: GameClient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5aea31c3
    Faulting module name: GameClient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5aea31c3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000012018e8
    Faulting process id: 0xc20
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3e697349c242b
    Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\x64\GameClient.exe
    Faulting module path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\x64\GameClient.exe
    Report Id: 67281aaa-529b-11e8-a987-005056c00008

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @locutusofcactus said:
    > I haven't had many problems with crashes until recently and the crashes are making up for lost time. From frequent to least frequent the crashes happen when:
    > -I change map
    > -interact with exchange, inventory, and other windows.
    > -randomly when I'm standing around.

It’s the exact same for me
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    > @locutusofcactus said:
    > I haven't had many problems with crashes until recently and the crashes are making up for lost time. From frequent to least frequent the crashes happen when:
    > -I change map
    > -interact with exchange, inventory, and other windows.
    > -randomly when I'm standing around.

It’s the exact same for me

It's not all bad because when the game crashes, it reminds me a new season is coming and that gets me excited.