test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Mirror Universe Invades!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The Mirror Universe will return this week to Star Trek Online on PC! Can you defend Vauthil Station?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10895044

Comments

• kempek#8713 kempek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Do I have to complete the event with all my characters or is the Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher available for all characters after the first one completes the project?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Okay, I have to ask since it doesn't say in the announcement, but the Agony Torpedo is an account unlock, right? I mean, you've been kind enough of late to make these types of rewards account unlocks so I'm really hoping this continues the trend.

As for the event itself, I love the mission most of the time, but hate it when folks AFK it. The time sinks do take the fun out a bit, so I understand why folks AFK. It's not like I pay other people to play MY way so I let it slide.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Well this pretty much confirms that the only good event, Crystalline Entity, is never coming back. So much for the devs going out of their way to change it from when it first came out.

Time for another boring AFK event. And no, I don't feel bad. You want me to close those portals and defend the station, give me something worthwhile for it instead of like 10 extra marks I don't need.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Do I have to complete the event with all my characters or is the Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher available for all characters after the first one completes the project?

14 transponders so per character only it seems.
  • agarwaencranmalk#7586 agarwaencranmalk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Why not cristallin entity? This would be a GOOD event. Or did you cancel the timer, so it is faster when players are good and you doesn't have the feeling that it doesn't matter what you do?
    Why not cristallin entity??

I've been saying for years, they won't bring back the Crystalline Entity Event until they rework the queue. The Devs likely do not like how easy the Entity is to defeat. Even the Event version, with its various added hazards was still a joke.

Considering how fast the queue is, if you were a Dev, would you want players running every character they have thru this event and end up swimming in Dilithium? The last time it ran, I took 30+ alts thru it and it only took about 3 hours. And this was back before we had consistent 30 second runs on ADVANCED.

So yeah, don't expect to see the Crystalline Entity event any time soon, if ever again.

• jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Yes!! Finally a phaser torpedo
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Again this long boring grind event? We want CE back, it's fast, fun, not time consuming on a daily basis.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    This phaser torpedo seems interesting. i wonder if it is similar to the plasma torpedo? it hits with some force, overloads the ships systems and leaves some damage over time. Meanwhile regular phaser torpedos act like slightly weaker photons with chance to shut down a random system for a very short duration with a smaller shorter dot?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The most important question repeated: that torpedo - is it account unlock or per character?
    Because I got around 18 toons on my account and that match is more than 20 minutes - each.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    its been about 2 years since the last Crystal Cataclysm Event. What's the problem with running this event instead of this bloated time sink of a AFK event ?.

Bring on the channels filled with people looking to make teams to AFK the 1st part. Better fluff up my pillows and get ready for a nap
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

14 transponders so per character only it seems.

Cryptic has gotten better at this on the longer events recently. I can't remember the last time this Mirror event ran and whether it unlocked a reclaim item, but the last Breach event did. What they haven't gotten better at is communicating those details. Even the extra-voucher daily was omitted from the announcement this time (I'm assuming there will be one).
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    The Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher sounds like a nice prize, but no details on it so wait & see.

I'm guessing this will be per character to complete, but having it be account-wide unlock would be good too.

I suppose there are pros & cons for both methods of completing this event & the extra dilithium & marks are always welcomed.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Last time this event run it was rewarding Mirror something Phaser Dual Pistols - and it was account unlock, so maybe this time too...
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Hoping this is account-wide unlock as I'd like to play well and have fun.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @saber1973a said:
    > The most important question repeated: that torpedo - is it account unlock or per character?
    > Because I got around 18 toons on my account and that match is more than 20 minutes - each.

I hope its account wide. Was the last reward for mirror event account wide I don't remember.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    This is an account unlock. :)
    This is an account unlock. :)

Thanks for the info. :)

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Agony phaser torpedo? My Terran will like this.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I'm not sure yet if I'll play this one. The Mirror event takes quite a long time and unlike many other events that can take a bit longer (Breach, Sompek) this one was never that interesting to me.

Last time we were overwhelmed in most instances because ships kept pouring through the portals. Every time we could close one, another two would open or you wouldn't even get to closing one before that happened.

I hope the spawn rate is either reduced, or please change it so that the smallest and insignificant hit from barely noticable weapon fire won't interrupt our ships while we are closing the portals. Players will still have an incentive to destroy the ships to protect the station, so it's not like being able to close the portals even when fired at, would allow us to completely ignore the enemy.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    These events are coming fast! Can't wait to afk through 14 MIs! :D
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    At this rate they're risking player burnout before victory is loading arrives.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    hlsuopc.gif?w=676

At this rate they're risking player burnout before victory is loading arrives.

Risking? Seems like enforcing.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    After 7 years I think this will be the very first event that I will skip. Just can not bring myself to vauthil without falling down.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    they need a console that lets you tap 20 power across the board and gives you 10% crit chance... ;) honestly, I will probably skip this... maybe run it on 1 toon. I go all energy now, so I seldom use a torp. maybe park toon on top of space station and have pets out to attack while I watch youtube vids.
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    This is going to be tedious, not because of the event, but because of all the people who want rewards for doing nothing. If you can't be bothered to participate, don't bother playing and dragging the rest of us down.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    ...or please change it so that the smallest and insignificant hit from barely noticable weapon fire won't interrupt our ships while we are closing the portals.
    Indeed, sir; this mechanic should have been expunged from the game long ago. Moving on...

Agony phaser torpedo? Take it and the matching cannons and turrets; mount those on a Defiant-class ship (or its close siblings); toss in the complete DSF package, and the Bajor set... voila! Which in turn reminds me that the v2 (white/red) Terran pattern is also long overdue for being available for ships with access to the 'classic' grey/yellow...

...and I understand that there was an even older design used for Terran ships...
    Noble_class_%28mirror%29.jpg?version=c49e483054f15b8c4bd25b0fa6e173a2

This, too, needs to make a return as a vanity shield.

• xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I want the Agony torp, but I'm not sure how it'll fit into my Kingdom Hearts/Disney themed build
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    This event needs to be retired and never be heard from again.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Agony phaser torpedo? My Terran will like this.

gXgBPPk.gif

Can't wait! Thank the Emperor it's account wide. Couldn't imagine grinding that on all my MU characters.

Hope it has some kind of special red boom fx effect like the crystalline entity torpedo. That would be awesome.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes