test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Elite Starter Pack!

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    OK...I went through the Wiki this morning, and looked for all the maximum limits and UPDATED my previous post with more information..... I hope this helps:
    When you purchase the Elite Starter Pack, the following will unlock for your whole account:
    • One new Character Slot
    • 20 Shared Bank Slots
    • 5 Captain Retrain Tokens
    • An Increase on your Energy Credit Cap to 2 billion Energy Credits

Shared Bank Account = Silver Max 100 slots / Gold Max 120 slots

Unclear if Silver goes up to 120 slots and Gold goes up to 140 if the Elite Starter Pack is purchased.

Several people have reported back they purchased the Elite Starter Pack and, yes, it will work just fine if you have maxed the Shared Account Bank Slots. In other words, if you have Silver max of 100, it will take it to 120 slots; if you have Gold max of 120, it will take it to 140 slots.

Energy Credit Cap = Silver 15 Million
    Energy Credit Cap Unlock in Zen Store = 2 Billion

If you bought the Energy Credit Cap Unlock in the Zen Store, you have what is in the Elite Starter Pack.

Character Slots = STO Wiki states 56(?). Which means they are not sure if that is the max.

Count character slots you have unlocked and available for use by hovering your cursor over the "Character Creation" button on the Character Select Screen. Then, count all active characters on the Character Select Screen, I suppose.

Sum up both these character numbers and subtract from max, if it is more than 2, you are good to go, if it is less than 2 the system will not allow you to buy the Elite Starter Pack at all.

This is the addendum to my previous post .....

Once the initial product is purchased, a new product will appear called Elite Starter Pack Reclaim. This can be claimed once per character and unlocks:
    • 30 Inventory Slots
    • 60 Bank Slots
    • 2 Bridge Officer Slots

Inventory Slots = Silver Max 168 / Gold Max 204

Count INVENTORY Slots, subtract that from max. If the difference is more than 30, character is are good to go...if the difference is less than 30, character can not claim the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim.

Bank Slots = Silver Max 264 / Gold Max 336

Count BANK slots, subtract from max. If the difference is more than 60, you are good to go...if the difference is less than 60, character can not collect the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim.

BOFF Slots = 54 Max per character.

++++++++++++++++

If a character does not have enough "HEAD ROOM" in each category, the system will not allow the purchase of the Elite Starter Pack, or claim the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim on subsequent characters that has already hit the limits.

Nicely done, where2r1, hopefully this info. will help answer many that have these questions. Such details are even more important now with this Elite Starter Pack & it's stipulations with being able to purchase & capacities.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    OK...I went through the Wiki this morning, and looked for all the maximum limits and UPDATED my previous post with more information..... I hope this helps:
    When you purchase the Elite Starter Pack, the following will unlock for your whole account:
    • One new Character Slot
    • 20 Shared Bank Slots
    • 5 Captain Retrain Tokens
    • An Increase on your Energy Credit Cap to 2 billion Energy Credits

Shared Bank Account = Silver Max 100 slots / Gold Max 120 slots

Unclear if Silver goes up to 120 slots and Gold goes up to 140 if the Elite Starter Pack is purchased.

Several people have reported back they purchased the Elite Starter Pack and, yes, it will work just fine if you have maxed the Shared Account Bank Slots. In other words, if you have Silver max of 100, it will take it to 120 slots; if you have Gold max of 120, it will take it to 140 slots.

Energy Credit Cap = Silver 15 Million
    Energy Credit Cap Unlock in Zen Store = 2 Billion

If you bought the Energy Credit Cap Unlock in the Zen Store, you have what is in the Elite Starter Pack.

Character Slots = STO Wiki states 56(?). Which means they are not sure if that is the max.

Count character slots you have unlocked and available for use by hovering your cursor over the "Character Creation" button on the Character Select Screen. Then, count all active characters on the Character Select Screen, I suppose.

Sum up both these character numbers and subtract from max, if it is more than 2, you are good to go, if it is less than 2 the system will not allow you to buy the Elite Starter Pack at all.

This is the addendum to my previous post .....

Once the initial product is purchased, a new product will appear called Elite Starter Pack Reclaim. This can be claimed once per character and unlocks:
    • 30 Inventory Slots
    • 60 Bank Slots
    • 2 Bridge Officer Slots

Inventory Slots = Silver Max 168 / Gold Max 204

Count INVENTORY Slots, subtract that from max. If the difference is more than 30, character is are good to go...if the difference is less than 30, character can not claim the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim.

Bank Slots = Silver Max 264 / Gold Max 336

Count BANK slots, subtract from max. If the difference is more than 60, you are good to go...if the difference is less than 60, character can not collect the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim.

BOFF Slots = 54 Max per character.

++++++++++++++++

If a character does not have enough "HEAD ROOM" in each category, the system will not allow the purchase of the Elite Starter Pack, or claim the Elite Starter Pack Reclaim on subsequent characters that has already hit the limits.

Thanks indeed for doing this.

After looking this over the ONLY thing preventing me from buying the pack is the fact I'm at the character cap. None of the other things are even close to hitting the cap or potentially going over the cap if I were to buy it.

Considering there's been no "official word" on this, despite numerous people complaining about it, I'm going to just give up on it. I would have bought it, but since they won't let me, well, nothing I can do that I haven't already done.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I am soo confused different posts saying different things. I’m around 117 days from my 1000 day bet rewards. Will I still receive all those rewards or is that it. Because at £10.99 month sub I can get a lot more zen for that if I’m not going to earn the rewards anymore even if I’m still subscribed

Please someone from cryptic give me some clarification.

If I stay subscribed monthly will I get the next set of vet rewards. One post said yes then later on a post said you’ll keep your rewards but only lts will get the ship and everything. Unless I’ve miss read it
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Is it going to be buyable for ppl with max character slots? even if I don't get an extra slot. Id be fine if they added No slot if max reached to description and still buy it for other stuff.
    edited May 2018
    Is it going to be buyable for ppl with max character slots? even if I don't get an extra slot. Id be fine if they added No slot if max reached to description and still buy it for other stuff.

I have maxed out my character slots and cannot buy this. if it's a bug, I hope it gets fixed soon. If it's working as intended I hope they revise it. I'm perfectly willing to lose out on the free character slot if I can get the other items in the pack.

And even if I was near the cap on some items, if this would max it out without going over, I'd be happy with that too, even if it meant I'd lose some slots.

Only room for 12 inventory slots? I'd accept losing 18 slots by purchasing this pack if I needed the other items.

Can only use 10 more Shared Account slots? Again, fine, let me buy the pack if it would get me that last 10 but I'd lose the other 10 but still be able to use the other items.

Allow the pack to be bought/used, just max out whatever would end up going over and we'd lose the rest. I doubt I'm the only person who feels this way. Though perhaps not in the majority.

• sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    So in all the back and forths you guys are doing discussing in the maximum slots and whatnots I think i've realized the reason for this change....

Marketing Spin aside this is about Cryptic slashing their data load for incoming new players for ViL. Think about it.... if the difference between the max slots for a Silver and Gold player is a whole 100+ slots for ANYTHING... removing that dataload from the server and treating the still subbed as pseudo-lifers will help them manage even more new player data on the crappy spaghettification coding of the servers they already have.

I just wish they'd answer the questions about obtaining LTS rewards for folks who can't shell out 300 US when something like it is "on sale" and who WOULD pay a sub model to get there.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    About Respec Tokens: I checked my characters' available Respecs before and after buying. Each character went up by one. I am a 400+ day former Gold. The 3 characters who were leveled while I subbed went from 7 to 8, 9 to 10, and 8 to 9 respectively. Each of the 6 characters I leveled after my subscription ended went from 2 to 3. Maybe the intended implementation was to give each existing character one Respec, and the package description was wrong.

If the number of available Respecs are indeed for each character, Cryptic was generous, and gave me 9 Respecs instead of 5. If the number of available Respecs reported on non-subbed characters is an Account pool (and the subbed characters have the same pool plus individual bonuses from leveling), I got screwed out of 4 of the 5 Respecs. Either way, 5 is RIGHT OUT (to quote the Book of Armaments)! Either I owe Cryptic a big THANK YOU for their generosity, or a bug ticket for my missing Respecs. I sincerely hope it's the former. Perhaps someone more familiar with Respecs can comment.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Maybe the intended implementation was to give each existing character one Respec, and the package description was wrong.

It seems like the intent is to give each character the things they would have gained if they'd leveled while subscribed - i.e, each inventory increase, each bank increase, and each retrain token (I believe you get one the same time you hit a new ship/rank?) If so, then yeah... it should be 5 per character.

(of course, I wonder how that interacts with characters who actually did level while subbed. I've got some of each.)

edit: ah, ok. Looking at the actual in-game store entry. It says "5 retrain tokens" under the "granted once per account" section. Soooo..... /shrug
    Post edited by kiralyn on
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    I am soo confused different posts saying different things. I’m around 117 days from my 1000 day bet rewards. Will I still receive all those rewards or is that it. Because at £10.99 month sub I can get a lot more zen for that if I’m not going to earn the rewards anymore even if I’m still subscribed

Please someone from cryptic give me some clarification.

If I stay subscribed monthly will I get the next set of vet rewards. One post said yes then later on a post said you’ll keep your rewards but only lts will get the ship and everything. Unless I’ve miss read it

As I understood it, as long as you *maintain* your existing subscription, you will continue to receive the rewards.
    Only F2P players, or Gold players that cancel before reaching 1000 days, would have to get the LTS to get those rewards now.
    So as long as you stay subbed for 4 more months, you'll be fine, and can cancel at that point.

EDIT:
    I reread the blog post, and saw this:
    What about Veteran Rewards?

You’ll keep any unlocked Veteran Rewards you already have.
    (emphasis mine)

So now I understand your confusion. A dev validation of what I said would be useful.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @phoenix841 said:
    > jordan3550 wrote: »
    >
    > I am soo confused different posts saying different things. I’m around 117 days from my 1000 day bet rewards. Will I still receive all those rewards or is that it. Because at £10.99 month sub I can get a lot more zen for that if I’m not going to earn the rewards anymore even if I’m still subscribed
    >
    > Please someone from cryptic give me some clarification.
    >
    > If I stay subscribed monthly will I get the next set of vet rewards. One post said yes then later on a post said you’ll keep your rewards but only lts will get the ship and everything. Unless I’ve miss read it
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As I understood it, as long as you *maintain* your existing subscription, you will continue to receive the rewards.
    > Only F2P players, or Gold players that cancel before reaching 1000 days, would have to get the LTS to get those rewards now.
    > So as long as you stay subbed for 4 more months, you'll be fine, and can cancel at that point.
    >
    > EDIT:
    > I reread the blog post, and saw this: What about Veteran Rewards?
    >
    > You’ll keep any unlocked Veteran Rewards you already have.
    >
    >
    >
    > (emphasis mine)
    >
    > So now I understand your confusion. A dev validation of what I said would be useful.

It really would, I thought I was just mis reading the posts. If it’s the latter which is seeming more likely because the 500 zen a month would really be the only benefit and for the price of a monthly sub you can get more than double that. So it would really be pointless anyone staying subscribed at all
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Where is this reclaim for the toons located? I too only got one respec token added to my account :-{
  • davidfenrisdavidfenris Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    They should split the reclaim pack into three parts, so people who've yet to max inv/bank/boff slots while already having maxed the other can still get the increase for the one they're missing.
    OmAl3agm.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Where is this reclaim for the toons located? I too only got one respec token added to my account :-{

retrain tokens are hidden in a different pool cause they are for account, not character. you can only see the ones you personally own on your character.
  • geekzilla#7855 geekzilla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can we PLEASE have this for consoles too? This is a really good deal.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    For people who aren't getting their retrain tokens - this is a bug, and we're working on a fix. More details soon.

For people who were wondering about their veteran rewards: As it says in the post, we have not cancelled your subscription. If you continue subscribing, you will continue to receive rewards.
  • wolfdog14wolfdog14 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > For people who aren't getting their retrain tokens - this is a bug, and we're working on a fix. More details soon.
    >
    > For people who were wondering about their veteran rewards: As it says in the post, we have not cancelled your subscription. If you continue subscribing, you will continue to receive rewards.

So, we have more to come great joy was heard across the galaxies
    For people who aren't getting their retrain tokens - this is a bug, and we're working on a fix. More details soon.

For people who were wondering about their veteran rewards: As it says in the post, we have not cancelled your subscription. If you continue subscribing, you will continue to receive rewards.

And what about those of us who are at or near the cap on one (or more) of the items in the pack, but not all? Are we still not going to be able to buy it, like in my case? Or for those who CAN buy it, who aren't allowed to claim it on all their alts?

I understand you don't want the players to go OVER the cap, that's fine by me. But this pack should allow the slots that AREN'T maxed, but too close to use all the slots, to max them out, losing whatever would break the cap.

As I've said in previous posts, the 1 item keeping me from even being able to BUY the pack is that fact I'm at the character cap. If I could buy the pack but lose that character slot, fine. I'd still buy the pack because nothing else (BOff/shared/bank/inventory) is even close to the cap.

If it's 'simply' a coding issue that would be far too difficult to spend the time on for minimal gain, just tell us that and I, at least, will move on. I also understand that even if you were to make the changes I propose that some folks would still complain, even if it said they may not get everything. I could see not wanting to deal with that as well. If that is why, say so and again, I'll move on.

Please, if possible, I would like some type of answer. I won't demand one, or threaten to quit the game, I'm not that petty. But almost any answer at this point would allow me to get over it. :)

you can still buy for any new toons you make...
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    you can still buy for any new toons you make...

No, he can't. That's the point. He has the max number of CHARACTERS, so he can't even buy the initial account-wide pack, which you need before you can claim the individual character ones. That's what he's asking about.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    plz make the pack available for people who max. out char slots and acc. bank
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This is advertised as a replacement for subscribing, but the contents isn't in any way comparable. Subscribing increased the maximum limit of inventory/bank/etc slots you could have, this does not. It's just a discount bundle of regular slot increases.

It's even impossible to claim any of the slots at all if you're at the limit for any one of them and this is not mentioned anywhere before purchase.

I would not have bought this if I had known.
  • shakkazulu8shakkazulu8 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks STO for the opportunity to purchase this pack.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User

Thanks for the update, and I see in today's Patch Notes you've introduced a fix for the missing Retrain Tokens (and offered a few extra by way of make-good). That's pretty cool.

I'm an LTS. I purchased the pack a week ago and have claimed it without issue on half my characters (I just haven't got around to the other half yet). The only character who couldn't claim it was my Main, but I'm pretty sure he was full on all the slots anyway, and that's fine. I'm getting plenty of VALUE out of the $15 I spent.

Thank you Cryptic.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    warpangel wrote: »
    This is advertised as a replacement for subscribing, but the contents isn't in any way comparable. Subscribing increased the maximum limit of inventory/bank/etc slots you could have, this does not. It's just a discount bundle of regular slot increases.

It's even impossible to claim any of the slots at all if you're at the limit for any one of them and this is not mentioned anywhere before purchase.

I would not have bought this if I had known.

no where in the documentation does it say that at all. when you sub as you level you get additional inventory & bank slots. I guess you can call it increasing your max if you want to... the max slots is the MAX. You get additional slots as you level when subbing. You can still buy more till you hit the cap... but in no way does it raises the max limit of inventory slots a person can have.
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    As far as retrain tokens if you subbed you had unlimited retrain until i think lvl50 they should make this a permanent feature now that they removed the option to sub most ppl especially newbies dont know what skill spec they want to run yet while leveling and forcing them to buy a re-spec token if they use up there tokens before level 50 is just counter productive.
    retrains should be free until level 50 by then you should have an idea of where you want to go with your skills. I made a couple deltas recently and just hit 40 on one but am out of re-specs and not happy with my skill points but dont want to spend 300 zen to buy re-spec maybe give a free re-spec each 10 levels after 50 make you buy them..

Still dont know why they are changing the sub model they could of just kept it and added this pack for those who didn't want to sub.Basically there saying Thanks for supporting and subbing for all those years but now it means nothing anymore.
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
    As far as retrain tokens if you subbed you had unlimited retrain until i think lvl50 they should make this a permanent feature now that they removed the option to sub most ppl especially newbies dont know what skill spec they want to run yet while leveling and forcing them to buy a re-spec token if they use up there tokens before level 50 is just counter productive.
    retrains should be free until level 50 by then you should have an idea of where you want to go with your skills. I made a couple deltas recently and just hit 40 on one but am out of re-specs and not happy with my skill points but dont want to spend 300 zen to buy re-spec maybe give a free re-spec each 10 levels after 50 make you buy them..

Still dont know why they are changing the sub model they could of just kept it and added this pack for those who didn't want to sub.Basically there saying Thanks for supporting and subbing for all those years but now it means nothing anymore.

There was never "unlimited retrain" but if you are/were subbed or have LTS whenever a character was leveling beginning with level 10 & through either 50 or 60 every ten levels you's earn a free Retrain Token so a character ended-up with 4-6.

In many ways this Elite Starter Pack is beneficial for the cost, but the Retrain Tokens is definitely not. Then again, this Elite Starter Pack is only beneficial if Cryptic will allow players to purchase it & the players that do purchase it receive perks from it. Once purchased though there's no incentive for Cryptic to care about making things right. Per the reduction in Retrain Tokens offer with this pack compared to a subscription I wonder if a few months down the road if Cryptic will begin giving players a cause to use Retrain Tokens more frequently without offering a free one. Something like that won't be immediate, but months later. Cryptic is handling their player base like an amusement park with dwindling attendance & instead of trying to figure out why players are being turned-off & playing less Cryptic has the brain-storm to increase the ticket price.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Not sure how, but over the years, my main (with LTS) currently has 12 retrain tokens (including the free one it says I have). This is after I've used a couple sometime in the past. I've never purchased any. In addition, the newest character I've created for AoY has 13 tokens (including free one). I checked my wife's account, which is free, and her level 60 character has only the free retrain.
    So gold subs and/or LTS get more than 6.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I've been a gold member for, oooo, maybe seven years or so now since it's been a cheaper option for me to pay monthly than it is for me to buy LTS although I would love to buy that if it was within my budget.

The hard part for me keeping my sub active is due to any sudden emergencies that require me to cancel my sub and reactivate it a few days later when able, can't do that anymore which is going to be a problem.
    Hopefully one of these days I can manage to get an LTS, it isn't very likely but I wouldn't mind if able.
    reinawatt wrote: »
    I've been a gold member for, oooo, maybe seven years or so now since it's been a cheaper option for me to pay monthly than it is for me to buy LTS although I would love to buy that if it was within my budget.

The hard part for me keeping my sub active is due to any sudden emergencies that require me to cancel my sub and reactivate it a few days later when able, can't do that anymore which is going to be a problem.
    Hopefully one of these days I can manage to get an LTS, it isn't very likely but I wouldn't mind if able.

I agree, it is a shame Cryptic has decided to discontinue an optional monthly subscription plan. There is nothing that the Elite Starter pack offers that makes the subscription option obsolete neither. I think there's probably something else Cryptic is working on &/or will announce in a few months.

For close to a year now not all my characters have the same earned days veteran rewarded bonus experience. I have the 4% bonus on my Fed aligned characters but the majority of my characters which are KDF aligned have only the 3% for some reason. I did the submit a ticket process multiple times in which Cryptic's customer service first denied it, then deflected it, but never corrected it all the while I give them the proof via math & offered to send them a video recording my game play displaying the continuous error. So I cancelled my reoccurring subscription last year & haven't bought Zen since. I even checked-in on it again during this MU event & it is still broken. With Cryptic once they receive your money they simply don't have a concern if it is functioning properly or not.

& yes, partially selfishly, that is why I have suggested that Cryptic to show some integrity should bump-up all former regular subscribers earned veteran rewards to the next 100 day tier. If someone has 201 days subscribed before they cancelled their account they will be credited to the 300 days tier & same for some one with 289 days. It's not perfect but everyone benefits from it in various amounts that, still are, or were regular subscribers. &/Or we have to give-in to Cryptic's subtle coercion to buy the Lifetime Subscription.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I'm an on and off subber and player (currently in an off phase since the focus feels too strong on monetization instead of quality control) with something beyond the 950 days. I did not ruled out re-subbing at some point in the future if they should ever got the artistic car crash which resulted in 80% of the game after the l2.0 update get sorted out and fix stuff like sitting NPCs in payed player ship interiors. But I do not think they ever will. My impression is they have become content with everything they broke since its not broken enough for ppl to log in. I would be of the kind which should be angry or at least extremely annoyed of getting the chance taken away to get the last step to 1k by having just one or two more subs. But I'm not.

I feel nothing.

And thats what irritates me even more than the sub change.
This discussion has been closed.