test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All hail Dracula, king of the power suck! Kneel before me!

lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
I did it. It cost me, but I did it.

tyjTLdt.png

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Care to tell us what stuffs you used? o.o

~Gives Drac a napkin~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    latest?cb=20141029084615

DEAR GOD! That thing... is frickin' evil on the drain! That will shut anyone down!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Wooden stake and gun with silver bullet and garlic. Lots and lots of garlic.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20141029084615

DEAR GOD! That thing... is frickin' evil on the drain! That will shut anyone down!
    Not sure it would shut anyone down. Doesn't look like it will impact my build much as my main offense and defence are not linked to power levels or shields. Saying that it is very impressive and it looks like it will be very effective.
    Oh that thing would knock me out just by activating Tyken's Rift! No steady drain. Just... Poof. Dead in the water.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2018

~Gives Drac a napkin~

See Build post I keep updated here in the forums

Now granted, I don't have everything in that list, but once I got above 875, I popped a doff assignment crit and then used QSM to take this screenshot.

The actual possible maximum will show 894. Subsystem targeting III and Tyken's 3 with Aftershocks are both downright evil at that amount.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Sorry Dracula, I kneel before the Sun god, Ra, and I'm pretty sure he curb stomps you every time you see him :smiley:
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited May 2018
    lucho80 wrote: »

~Gives Drac a napkin~

See Build post I keep updated here in the forums

Now granted, I don't have everything in that list, but once I got above 875, I popped a doff assignment crit and then used QSM to take this screenshot.

The actual possible maximum will show 894. Subsystem targeting III and Tyken's 3 with Aftershocks are both downright evil at that amount.
    I was just wondering would you go 1 Spock (Hologram) or 23rd century science boff for that last Sci slot? Both look to drain the same amount just Spock has less control and more EPG.

Thank you for sharing your build. It makes me want to build a hybrid cruiser/carrier based around drain. Or a drain mine layer.
    If I had gotten the Humble Bundle, I would have used Spock. Sadly, I didn't. Unless the devs ever give people the chance again to own those, it's 23c boffs for me.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    If I had gotten the Humble Bundle, I would have used Spock. Sadly, I didn't. Unless the devs ever give people the chance again to own those, it's 23c boffs for me.

Double check your C-store's Promotions tab. Both the TOS-crew and Mirror Admiral Leeta HoloBOff "promotions" were issued close to a year ago to a lot of people, you probably have them and don't realize it.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    dareau wrote: »
    Double check your C-store's Promotions tab. Both the TOS-crew and Mirror Admiral Leeta HoloBOff "promotions" were issued close to a year ago to a lot of people, you probably have them and don't realize it.

Lol, they only give those to people who don't play regularly. I've gotten zero of those e-mail promos, but I do have Leeta from the donation promo.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »

Lol, they only give those to people who don't play regularly. I've gotten zero of those e-mail promos, but I do have Leeta from the donation promo.

Not always, I got that one while I was actively playing, and also got a code for a free ship two weeks after purchasing it
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    And then there was the fiasco that was the Nagus Marauder. NO ONE knows how that one was earned. It was totally random.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Now THAT is an impressive DrainBoat. The best I've ever been able to get on one ship was a FT5U Kamarag with a Sci Captain. Which is 507. Pretty happy with how it shuts most things down, too. I can only imagine how having twice that does ingame.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Hey lucho80 you know what? that sucks really it does, nice E-suck build man well done I might try that on my annorax sometime.....now I'm jelly NO not jam, if I were jam maybe marmalade or possibly chimichanga jam :)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    That ship needs an appropriate vampire name. Speaking of appropriate vampire name's it reminds me of the end of one of the Rick and Morty episodes.

starkaos wrote: »
    That ship needs an appropriate vampire name.

christopher-lee-taste-the-blood-of-dracula.jpg
    Dracula?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

tyjTLdt.png
    you know, starting with an ideal platform, with lots of access to all the grind, lobi, and zen items doesn't strike me as much of an accomplishment-anyone with a spreadsheet and enough hours can duplicate it (and I'm fair sure you have both)...

Why not try duplicating this level of feat on something that is sub-optimal, something that has lousy stats, is hard to run well, something that wasn't already ideal for it.

just a thought there.
    What? even Worf thought Vorchas were garbage, it's CANON.

I mean presumably that's what you're talking about. Obviously you're not talking about a Naj'sov, Khaimas, Ihgomas, or Ahgamas...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Vor'cha class ships were garbage? In TNG they were top of the line battlecruisers! It was the Duras Sisters old BoP that he criticized as far as I remember.
    edited May 2018

tyjTLdt.png

you know, starting with an ideal platform, with lots of access to all the grind, lobi, and zen items doesn't strike me as much of an accomplishment-anyone with a spreadsheet and enough hours can duplicate it (and I'm fair sure you have both)...

Why not try duplicating this level of feat on something that is sub-optimal, something that has lousy stats, is hard to run well, something that wasn't already ideal for it.

just a thought there.
    Working out the best combinations is more than just a spreadsheet and enough hours. It involves lots of testing, trying out different combinations to work out which mix performs best. Along with lots of research to find all those best parts that fit together.

Doing it on a suboptimal ship isn’t any harder. Once you have mastered the best platform you just apply what you have and make a few tweaks. For example I ran it on my mine layer carrier using two different types of shield drain mines. The only real difference is no Secondary deflector, less Sci slots, more Eng/Tac slots.

tyjTLdt.png

just a thought there.

I mean presumably that's what you're talking about. Obviously you're not talking about a Naj'sov, Khaimas, Ihgomas, or Ahgamas...

that wouldn't be the thing I was referencing, no. I mean, that's not "Sub-optimal" in this case, it's more of an "Irrelevant" platform entirely (being a KDF ship and all, with no Tier 6 variant and none in the works). "Sub-Optimal" would be the Gorn science ships, or something Romulan flavoured. (being as the Gorn ships are just nerfed versions of the Federation science ships, they wouldn't count either.)

pottsey5g wrote: »

tyjTLdt.png

just a thought there.
    Working out the best combinations is more than just a spreadsheet and enough hours. It involves lots of testing, trying out different combinations to work out which mix performs best. Along with lots of research to find all those best parts that fit together.

Doing it on a suboptimal ship isn’t any harder. Once you have mastered the best platform you just apply what you have and make a few tweaks. For example I ran it on my mine layer carrier using two different types of shield drain mines. The only real difference is no Secondary deflector, less Sci slots, more Eng/Tac slots.

and that testing, it takes lots of time, yes?? so it stands. and I'm sure research doesn't happen as if being struck by lightning. what do you think the spreadsheet is for?
    No it doesn’t stand as it takes more than just time and isn’t as simple or easy as you make out. You need far more than just a spreadsheet. You are being unfair to the first poster about making is sound like it’s not an accomplishment.

Working out the best consistent interactions between traits, powers and set items takes hard work. Far more than just a simple spreadsheet with a bit of time and grind. I don't think anyone with a spreadsheet and enough hours can duplicate it. Sure some might but many will fail because its more then just a spreadsheet and time.

Spreadsheets don't tell you everything. They just give you some numbers.
    You still have to figure out what synergizes best in terms of sets, traits, DOffs...

Basically... you actually need to do some actual testing with the build, and tweak it until you get the desired result.

that wouldn't be the thing I was referencing, no. I mean, that's not "Sub-optimal" in this case, it's more of an "Irrelevant" platform entirely (being a KDF ship and all, with no Tier 6 variant and none in the works). "Sub-Optimal" would be the Gorn science ships, or something Romulan flavoured. (being as the Gorn ships are just nerfed versions of the Federation science ships, they wouldn't count either.)
    Do you even know what a Naj'sov is?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

Do you even know what a Naj'sov is?
    That'd be the Klingon-ship-that-can't-mount-cannons? (the one that had the cloak installation delayed until a week after the buyers noticed it was missing, right?) Yes, I know what the Naj'sov is, I'm one of the suckers that bought one. in terms of flight characteristics, it's one of the more frustrating pieces I own.
    Interesting choice of words... Especially since the Naj'sov is probably the best KDF option for building a drain boat... I mean it's stats are nearly the same as the T6 Nebula.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing