test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Elite Starter Pack!

Comments

• ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »
    fftt wrote: »
    ...Although there is some ambiguity as to whether or not golds can get an extra benefit from the pack, given the replacement of subscribing with the starter pack I'm going to assume they don't stack and gold members would be wasting money getting one anyways.

Ambiguity removed and I made a bad assumption (I wasn't about to burn Zen in a proof). Thank you captainpost. LTSers *can* benefit from the starter pack provided they haven't already maxed out the benefit.

Well they can get 20 extra shared bank slots. But I don't think anything else unlocks. My character bank slots were the same as was the characters slots as I have 13 open to make new characters not including my 4 made characters. And I think that's max for me. So you only really get the extra shared bank slots.

Okay then, some ambiguity removed but not my thanks, all of my thanks remain. As an LTSer myself who already gets some of the extras and used my stipend over the years to unlock even more I wasn't about to experiment. 20 extra shared bank slots, if that's the only thing gold members can get, is likely cheaper bought individually than through this pack.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    non sub, non lifer, cant buy, max toon slots or other stuff makes me locked out from buying it.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    garaks31 wrote: »
    any restrictions to buy the pack ? cause i can't ! lifer ,max chars ..

And there is the restriction. If you have, at the very least, the max number of characters allowed per account, then you cannot buy this pack. I'm in the same boat. So while I'm kinda ticked off, I kind of figured that'd be how it'd work.

No idea if we'd get more bank/inventory/BOff slots if those were maxed out because while mine aren't, I can't buy it to even find out. :(
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I calculated the value of the pack 24,400 Zen if you only have the minimum amount of characters, but if we get a free slot with ViL the Elite Starter Pack's value increases, as it does if you separately buy more character slots. Each extra separate character slot adds 2,750 Zen worth of value at no extra cost.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I find it very odd that PWE removes a revenue source. I don't know how many Gold subscribers there are (I'm LTS since Jan 2010 ). Were there not enough to sustain their own existence?

Anything that would affect my stipend concerns me.
    Yeah, I'm a cheap player, but I have placed some money into this game. I bought the LTS, and LoR starter pack for cash.
    Everything else I've purchased with my stipend or via exchange, which is fine, as I don't play every single day anymore anyway.
    Does PWE/Cryptic plan on adding more costumes or ships on a regular basis to ensure continued revenue?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @phoenix841 said:
    > I find it very odd that PWE removes a revenue source. I don't know how many Gold subscribers there are (I'm LTS since Jan 2010 ). Were there not enough to sustain their own existence?
    >
    > Anything that would affect my stipend concerns me.
    > Yeah, I'm a cheap player, but I have placed some money into this game. I bought the LTS, and LoR starter pack for cash.
    > Everything else I've purchased with my stipend or via exchange, which is fine, as I don't play every single day anymore anyway.
    > Does PWE/Cryptic plan on adding more costumes or ships on a regular basis to ensure continued revenue?

You have LTS so you won't effect you, you will still get your stipend, and those currently subscribed can continue to subscribe, although honestly I'm not sure it's worth subscribing anymore.
  • omicronpercei8omicronpercei8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am still currently trying to get enough tenure to be able to purchase the Fleet Heavy Destroyer Chimera. Are you going to make this ship purchasable to all? Are we still going to be able to acquire this ship?
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    I find it very odd that PWE removes a revenue source. I don't know how many Gold subscribers there are (I'm LTS since Jan 2010 ). Were there not enough to sustain their own existence?

Yeah, I'm a cheap player, but I have placed some money into this game. I bought the LTS, and LoR starter pack for cash.
    Everything else I've purchased with my stipend or via exchange, which is fine, as I don't play every single day anymore anyway.
    Does PWE/Cryptic plan on adding more costumes or ships on a regular basis to ensure continued revenue?

The stipend from a monthly subscription, should you remain subscribed, will not go away, nor will the stipend for buying an LTS.
    I am still currently trying to get enough tenure to be able to purchase the Fleet Heavy Destroyer Chimera. Are you going to make this ship purchasable to all? Are we still going to be able to acquire this ship?

Right now, the only way to obtain this ship will be an LTS. We may look into other ways in the future.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »

In the short term this might bring more people into STO for sure. However, in the long term they will have to offset any losses with more lockboxes or some other type of shinies. It's an amazing choice of model they opted for. Either they don't need the money or already have their sights into another major source of revenue.​​
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Is there any clarification on how this applies to lifetime subscriber accounts? I could use the retain tokens, bank slots, and BO slots. I haven't maxed out any of these, I don't think.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Is there any clarification on how this applies to lifetime subscriber accounts? I could use the retain tokens, bank slots, and BO slots. I haven't maxed out any of these, I don't think.

According to the announcement:
    Can current subscribers - Gold or Lifetime - buy this pack on top of their subscription for extra rewards?

Yes! However, this pack will not help you go over the maximum number of slots, so please be careful when purchasing.
    Careful being the operative word there.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    As a very vocal hater of all things F2P, here and in other games, I view this as absolutely horrendous news.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They advise caution but don't bother reminding folk the maximum slot numbers for each thing
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I think I already HAVE all the stuff in the Elite Starter Pack....
    I wouldn't mind just buying the Elite Starter Reclaim Pack on new characters, though.

Are these two items going to be permanently locked together?

I have made like 4 Delta recruits I am going to keep and planning on making a KDF aligned Jem'Hadar for ViL.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Okay, I see that the announcement has been edited to add this...
    Can current subscribers - Gold or Lifetime - buy this pack on top of their subscription for extra rewards?

Yes! However, this pack will not help you go over the maximum number of slots, so please be careful when purchasing.

This is false. I have a LTS and the only thing I have maxed out are the character slots and I suppose the EC cap increase too, but that's a given. I cannot buy this pack for the added inventory/shared/bank/BOff slots, all of which I am nowhere near the cap on. I can actually buy ALL of these things individually, except more character slots obviously, but I can't buy the pack and save some money.

So this is either a bug that I hope gets worked out, or it's false advertising. I'm hoping for bug as I'd really like to get this.

@ambassadorkael#6946, mind looking into this?

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    They advise caution but don't bother reminding folk the maximum slot numbers for each thing

Cryptic doesn't want to aide in that since if someone purchases & didn't get access to all of the services bought because of a max limit achieved that's just more money for Cryptic & less value for the individual.
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Cryptic doesn't want to aide in that since if someone purchases & didn't get access to all of the services bought because of a max limit achieved that's just more money for Cryptic & less value for the individual.

Well, that is not very fair of them.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    This seems like a less effective income stream to me.

The Zen stipend shouldn't be a major concern for month-to-month subscribers. If anything they adjust it down a little and carry on.
    Any potential issues with the Zen stipend should only be a concern with the lifers, and they are unaffected by this.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Okay, I see that the announcement has been edited to add this...

This is false. I have a LTS and the only thing I have maxed out are the character slots and I suppose the EC cap increase too, but that's a given. I cannot buy this pack for the added inventory/shared/bank/BOff slots, all of which I am nowhere near the cap on. I can actually buy ALL of these things individually, except more character slots obviously, but I can't buy the pack and save some money.

So this is either a bug that I hope gets worked out, or it's false advertising. I'm hoping for bug as I'd really like to get this.

@ambassadorkael#6946, mind looking into this?

You can find it under Services in the C-Store. I am a lifer and I bought it.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I too am surprised they've gone down this route, lets hope they don't regret doing away with one of their regular streams of revenue doesn't come back to bite them in the TRIBBLE, as if the game goes belly up it affects all of us.

And the Chimera (or the other factions counterparts) isn't a special ship (and is ugly as hell) IMO so you're not missing out on anything by not having it in your fleet.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    So, I have been subbed for almost 700 days. I bought this pack and proceeded to go through all 10 toons and claim it. Everything was fine with it granting extra inventory, bank and account bank slots as expected, until I got to my last character.

On my last character,. it would not let me claim the pack. It told me I was at the limit. I did have the max bank slots, it's my crafting character, but not inventory or anything else that goes with this pack. I ended up having to spend another 1200 Zen to get the equivalent inventory slots on my crafting character as all my other characters got for "free" from this pack.

I would suggest someone review the way bank/inventory slots are awarded/calculated and go ahead and grant the other items from the pack if one of them cannot be due to limits already being reached.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    So I'm LTS (have been since Feb 2010, thank you very much. I win! LOL) ...and I have purchased extra bank/inventory slots for my main, and a few extra shared bank slots... but not extra slots for my alts (well, I think a couple got some)... If I buy this, and do the alt Reclaim feature, would they get the extra slots? How can I tell if my main/shared bank/inventory are already at max? Also, will future characters be able to do the Reclaim? Likewise with the extra character slot... I know I have at least a couple extra even now, but not sure if it'll be enough for new VIL toons. How do I know if I'm at max character slots?

Also, who'd get the 5 Captain Retrain tokens?

Alts and New alts will DEFINITELY BENEFIT from this pack. My new Delta recruits got more bank / inventory and officer slots and I am a LTS.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Geez, if you made Caitians available as TOS characters and allowed some of your lobi gear to be traded around, I might get serious altitis again.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

jcsww wrote: »

You can find it under Services in the C-Store. I am a lifer and I bought it.

Yes, I know where it is, it's how I found out I can't buy it. I tried, it says "This character is unable to purchase this item." And it says that on every character I logged in on the account.

• chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Right now, the only way to obtain this ship will be an LTS. We may look into other ways in the future.

As a current gold member does this mean that even though I am 14 days till being a 1000 day subscriber and have paid my monthly sub 5-6 days ago I am no longer going to get the following

- Starfleet Veteran (Fed), Empire Veteran (KDF), and Republic Veteran (Rom) Title

- FREE Exclusive Veteran Starships

- Manticore Heavy Destroyer (Fed)

- Duvqu' Heavy Destroyer (KDF)

- Dinaes Heavy Destroyer (Rom)

- Chimera Heavy Destroyer (Fed)

- Peghqu’ Heavy Destroyer (KDF)

- Daeinos Heavy Destroyer (Rom)

- FREE Starship Slot

- Three Exclusive Forum Titles to Choose From

- Starfleet Veteran

- Empire Veteran

- Republic Veteran

• Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
    OK... signed on the game and did a quick research project:
      When you purchase the Elite Starter Pack, the following will unlock for your whole account:
    • One new Character Slot
    • 20 Shared Bank Slots
    • 5 Captain Retrain Tokens
    • An Increase on your Energy Credit Cap to 2 billion Energy Credits

Shared Bank Account = Silver Max 100 slots / Gold Max 120 slots

Unclear if Silver goes up to 120 slots and Gold goes up to 140 if the Elite Starter Pack is purchased.

Energy Credit Cap = Silver 15 Million
    Energy Credit Cap Unlock in Zen Store = 2 Billion

If you bought the Energy Credit Cap Unlock in the Zen Store, you have what is in the Elite Starter Pack.

Character Slots = STO Wiki states 56(?). Which means they are not sure if that is the max.

You can see how many character slots you have unlocked and available for use by hovering your cursor over the "Character Creation" button on the Character Select Screen.

To know how many characters you are using...I assume, start counting all your characters. Have fun.

GRRRRRR.... so sick of this Edit Monster....GO AWAY!

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    So I'm LTS (have been since Feb 2010, thank you very much. I win! LOL) ...and I have purchased extra bank/inventory slots for my main, and a few extra shared bank slots... but not extra slots for my alts (well, I think a couple got some)... If I buy this, and do the alt Reclaim feature, would they get the extra slots? How can I tell if my main/shared bank/inventory are already at max? Also, will future characters be able to do the Reclaim? Likewise with the extra character slot... I know I have at least a couple extra even now, but not sure if it'll be enough for new VIL toons. How do I know if I'm at max character slots?

Also, who'd get the 5 Captain Retrain tokens?

Alts and New alts will DEFINITELY BENEFIT from this pack. My new Delta recruits got more bank / inventory and officer slots and I am a LTS.

This is good to know, thank you.

Who got the 5 Captain Retrain tokens? I've seen a couple posts of people saying they only got 1.

Also, can we get a Dev response in here about being able to apply the Reclaim Pack on alts that maybe have BOff slots full or Bank Slots full, but not everything else, but still not being able to claim. Is that WAI or a bug?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    chanfron66 wrote: »

As a current gold member does this mean that even though I am 14 days till being a 1000 day subscriber and have paid my monthly sub 5-6 days ago I am no longer going to get the following

- Starfleet Veteran (Fed), Empire Veteran (KDF), and Republic Veteran (Rom) Title

- FREE Starship Slot

- Starfleet Veteran

- Empire Veteran

- Republic Veteran

No, your subscription benefits are not being taken away. You'll still have access to all of those for being a subscriber. They're just removing the ability for people to subscribe besides purchasing LTS.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    chanfron66 wrote: »

- FREE Starship Slot

- Starfleet Veteran

- Empire Veteran

- Republic Veteran

Current subs can maintain their subscription, people who aren't currently subscribed just can't do so now, and if your sub lapses due to a payment issue you likely won't be able to reactivate it either.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • s2racings2racing Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well, this puts a damper on my plans to buy a 3-month sub when ViL launches. But for the real point of this post, are there any plans to unlock XMPP access or will that only be a LTS perk from now on?
    Free jkname!
    Can we get some more (canon) KDF outfits, an assortment of respectable skirts/dresses, a long jacket (and more clothes in general) that does plain white well, melee weapon and Mk 15 drops, a T6 Nova, and account-wide lockbox/lobi/promo ships & consoles? Oh, and...
    Still waitin' on Klingon hairstyles actually worn on TV by a Klingon while we're at it.
This discussion has been closed.