test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Engineering Sound Effects

navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
Back when interiors for ships were first created, there was that iconic engine sound that you would hear on the TNG show. It lasted for about 2 or 3 months and then bugged out. I always figured they would fix it, eventually...but here it is, almost 3 years later, and still no fix...it's almost as if people never knew it existed. Either that, or all the original players from those days have long since left the game, and the players who weren't here then are all that remains? Who knows why people have been quiet about it, but I am here to stir the pot a bit. It would be great if they brought that back. Walking in to Engineering and hearing deafening silence is just strange.

Comments

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I was actually thinking the same thing this weekend. When in Engineering, the ambient sounds of the computers are present. But step nearer the center of the room, next to the Enterprise-E warp core and the ambient sound just dies. No computers. No nothing. This has been the case for years. I, too, was hopeful this was a temporary bug. Now going on for years.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    There are no temporary bugs. We know about the sound issues and many others with interiors, e.g. the MSD in the Defiant engineering section is mirrored. These things and many more have been told to the devs over the years. As a general rule of thumb, you need a post with 100 replies to catch the attention of a Dev or post it on the reddit forum, they seldom pay attention to this one.

Yeah, and the only posts that gain 100 replies are threads that are typically troll posts, lol. Yeah, that won't be happening here.
  • Options
    psiameese wrote: »
    I was actually thinking the same thing this weekend. When in Engineering, the ambient sounds of the computers are present. But step nearer the center of the room, next to the Enterprise-E warp core and the ambient sound just dies. No computers. No nothing. This has been the case for years. I, too, was hopeful this was a temporary bug. Now going on for years.

Glad I am not the only person to have noticed. I was honestly beginning to think that I was alone.