test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

See where the amazing update to the DS9 is at!

snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps

https://youtu.be/uBnAiRJa-vY

Click the video thumbnail to watch

Hi All,

As at Tribble patch ST.87.20180412b.4 dated 04/18, the DS9 rebuild is free to explore.

It is a work in progress with still quite a bit to do ahead of its official launch in the Victory is Life expansion due in two months.

Despite this, it is clear that the work done in this is exceptional and far beyond what we have seen from Cryptic Studios in the past with the exception of the Galaxy Class Interior.

The scaling, quality of textures, the lighting etc. - in fact the sheer attention to detail is amazing! It is obvious that Cryptic put some extremely talented artists/developers on this upgrade but it goes beyond this. There is clearly a passion for perfection here and definitely a passion for Star Trek.

Check out my little tour around the WIP revamped DS9 with Worf along for the ride.

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I'd probably put it as better than the Galaxy interior, so far.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    Agreed
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I want to know if it has increased functionality.
  • Options
    zanibarzanibar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    It does have a medical bay, that count for increased functionality? Oh, the bar and tables have chairs now that you can sit in! The spiral staircases are rather narrow, not sure a Gorn would feel at home.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    From what I've gathered from others (I don't have tribble access personally), it's not so much there more things as the old things are more accessble.

That said this is still WIP thus there could be some funtionality added we don't known about (yet), also the developer versions of DS9 are more further along then what's on tribble.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Having the bank and exchange just in front of the ship contacts area was the best thing to happen to DS9.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1