test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How are your delta recruits rolling? Sponsered by #PlayAFerengi

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I had a Liberated Borg Romulan and Liberated Borg Klingon that I rolled the first time around.

I had a problem with the Romulan though... I was supposed to go see the Admiral to level up but there is no option to complete the mission.

No biggie, really, since I had only played him a little in terms of the story but had leveled quite a bit through DOFF missions, so I just rolled a new Liberated Borg Romulan science officer and started over.

Actually, I rolled a Liberated Borg Romulan tac officer, too, but I am not really sure why.
    I mean, I like the Federation. The Romulans have been okay from what I have seen playing them (Fed-Aligned), but for the most part I imagine that this character will be what I believe him to be and nothing more; An opportunity to see the storyline for a different faction and an opportunity to experience a different playstyle through a different type of Captain.

My Klingon? Well, eventually I will get him leveled up, I guess, but I find playing Klingons to be a chore.

I was considering maybe a Romulan to align with the Klingons, but really the only purpose that would serve would be to satisfy my curiosity regarding what sort of uniform changes occur depending upon your character's chosen alliance.

If I really wanted to play a Romulan on a more regular basis I would play one that was Federation-aligned.
    Playing the Klingon stories won't be better with a different race.

So yeah, one of each faction to get all the bonuses and to eventually see all the sights.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I had a Liberated Borg Romulan and Liberated Borg Klingon that I rolled the first time around.

I had a problem with the Romulan though... I was supposed to go see the Admiral to level up but there is no option to complete the mission.

No biggie, really, since I had only played him a little in terms of the story but had leveled quite a bit through DOFF missions, so I just rolled a new Liberated Borg Romulan science officer and started over.

Actually, I rolled a Liberated Borg Romulan tac officer, too, but I am not really sure why.
    I mean, I like the Federation. The Romulans have been okay from what I have seen playing them (Fed-Aligned), but for the most part I imagine that this character will be what I believe him to be and nothing more; An opportunity to see the storyline for a different faction and an opportunity to experience a different playstyle through a different type of Captain.

My Klingon? Well, eventually I will get him leveled up, I guess, but I find playing Klingons to be a chore.

I was considering maybe a Romulan to align with the Klingons, but really the only purpose that would serve would be to satisfy my curiosity regarding what sort of uniform changes occur depending upon your character's chosen alliance.

If I really wanted to play a Romulan on a more regular basis I would play one that was Federation-aligned.
    Playing the Klingon stories won't be better with a different race.

So yeah, one of each faction to get all the bonuses and to eventually see all the sights.

I find that passing a kidney stone is far more enjoyable than playing a Federation character. Would prefer to watch lawn fudge from a big dog dry in the sun than slag through the blueside storyline/leveling. Regarding the Rom-KDF choice and uniforms...The shiny leather look is great. For the jackets, the pants, the boots. They were nicely done(I still cry foul that the Rom-KDF male in the picture when you make that choice...Has a hairstyle that isn't available in the game...).
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    I find that passing a kidney stone is far more enjoyable than playing a Federation character.
    I would say the same for playing as a KDF character which I find tedious as all hell. The only reason why I made a KDF character was so I could play as a Gorn, if the Federation also had Gorn then I would never have made a KDF toon.

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    I only had one Delta recruit from last time, a Fed Tactical. It was only after the event ended I realized KDF side had other rewards I had missed. So this time, I rolled just one, a KDF Engineer. He's only level 4 at the moment. I intend to take my time.
    What I'm wondering: Barring the KDF specific rewards (which are new for me) will all my other toons be able to benefit again from my new Delta recruit?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I only had one Delta recruit from last time, a Fed Tactical. It was only after the event ended I realized KDF side had other rewards I had missed. So this time, I rolled just one, a KDF Engineer. He's only level 4 at the moment. I intend to take my time.
    What I'm wondering: Barring the KDF specific rewards (which are new for me) will all my other toons be able to benefit again from my new Delta recruit?
    Except for story arc completion rewards, all the rewards are shared, so no, only once. Also some of them you can't actually use more than once anyways(unique boff and trait)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Except for story arc completion rewards, all the rewards are shared, so no, only once. Also some of them you can't actually use more than once anyways(unique boff and trait)

I suppose I expected as much, but a guy can dream. I was hoping to get more marks for another character who is grinding the reps right now.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Ah yes ... that is something I have been concerned about. O_O My Rom Delta from back in the day has yet to complete those arcs. Did they somehow re-vamp the "end" and move it to the end of the borg missions? Or will it still be at the end of Breen? And if so, the Borg missions won't make as much sense. o.o

No revamp.

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    A male Reman Sci named Celiac...been forever since I played, figured it was a good way to get back into the swing of things.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @virusdancer said:
    > A male Reman Sci named Celiac...been forever since I played, figured it was a good way to get back into the swing of things.

By naming your character after a disease?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    do you SEE his forum name?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    My Delta character is my 3rd one from the Pokemon world. Aaron Alzirsa was born in 2366 in the Unova region. He's a human/Serperior hybrid who was adopted by Julia (royal blooded Serperior) in 2376 in the Unova region. Aaron was "reborn" as a hybrid a few days after his adoption. His body's mostly human, but his lower half is similar to a Serperior's body. Aaron and his mother serve the Royalists instead of the democratic Federation.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    do you SEE his forum name?​​
    It's been quite a while. WB VD.

> @virusdancer said:
    > A male Reman Sci named Celiac...been forever since I played, figured it was a good way to get back into the swing of things.

By naming your character after a disease?

Willard the Rat (Fed Klingon)
    Meena (KDF Ferasan)
    Dilwon, Diltua, Diltre, Dilour, Dilive, Dilsyx, Dilven, Dilight, Dilni (KDF Klingon)
    Celiac (Delta KDF Reman)

One named after a rat, eh? Nine named after Dilithium. One that for the life of me I cannot remember why it picked it. And yes, one named after a disease. It's a curious disease, in a sense, basically normally only detected after the damage to the villi with regard to the symptoms reaching such a point as to warrant the colonoscopy. One can, though, also check with an immunologist to check for an allergic reaction to wheat, corn, etc. Since this was not a common thing throughout history, many believe that it is actually a reaction to GMOs. Some folks are able to eat non-GMO gluten containing products without issue. One of my nurses believes that I may have a gluten sensitivity, and she has suggested I speak to my PCP about seeing an allergist to test. Fun stuff, yeah?

Hrmm, I have one more slot left - should I save it for a Jem'Hadar or a Cardassian? No idea, personally.

Heh, as for the welcome back and such - thank you on one hand, on the other - just not sure that I'm back back. Just dorking around for the moment - it's kind of cool to see familiar names and that they have stuck to it.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Just started my first every Delta Recruit character late... (and completely missed the previous Delta Recruit back in 2015):

~IF I reach the Delta Recruit Goals/Rewards after the May 17th 2018 deadline, will I still receive rewards?

(It's challenging to finish All Storyline Episodes (up to the start of the Dyson Sphere) to get that Photonic Engineering Bridge Officer...)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As long as you pick up your Tesseract Communications Reciever before May 17th you can finish all of the objectives at any time and yes you get full rewards.

That's good to know. Thank you.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    If the title didn't give it away, I am a Delta Recruit Ferengi named Nag whose father was Nog and Grandfather is Rom. Apparently, he followed his footsteps to be the second greatest Ferengi in Starfleet!

How r ur delta recruits going? Did you create a Ferengi?

Strangely enough, my Delta guy is a Ferengi. :D Made him the first time they did the Delta Recruit thing.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Was that the event where we rolled 3 of them f--kers? I will never repeat anything like that again.

Three? I thought it was 2? A KDF and a FED that is needed, as Rom's technically must aligned.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    It's always weird to me when people design their toons to be relatives of well known characters.. we interact with Nog through missions and he's not going to treat you differently than another character, how does that suspension of disbelief not break down in those situations.

It's called roleplay my man, roleplay

When I create a character I tend to have a point of reference for it, rather it is designed and named after comic characters (Which include Trek comics), Novels, Movies, Comedy, even commercials. I even design and name them after historical figures or religious ideologies & concepts. I even design some of them off other popular video games like Halo, Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars etc...

What I do not do is design actual Trek characters like Spock, Kirk etc... and try to name them using tricky lettering - Least the popular ones, I do use some that were mentioned by name only in the shows or had minor roles with little to no back drop storyline.

Delta recruit presented ample opportunities to create temporal type agents as well, some of the storyline in game is either ignored or bypassed, bec ause they typically will not make any sense, case in point a temporal agent becoming a cadet in 2409 when he or she was recovered from the past or distant future.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    Apologies for the triple post, but I do believe AoY Temporal Agents are next after the Delta recruit event is done and over with, hopefully before June.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Well I missed out on it last time and so I made a new toon just for it, however I didn't really know what kind of toon I actually wanted so I just remade one under a slightly different name involving both the first and last names while the other only had the last name and put them under a different profession. Then I realized yesterday that I actualy want a toon based on Alex Munro from the Elite Force games. I made my first toon after the first delta event happened, if I had got into the game earlier I could've made them a DR in the first place but oh well.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    ..... Then I realized yesterday that I actually want a toon based on Alex Munro from the Elite Force games. I made my first toon after the first delta event happened, if I had got into the game earlier I could've made them a DR in the first place but oh well.

Funny you mentioned that, I created a Delta toon based off Hazard Team Alpha leader, Les Foster from the Star Trek Voyager Elite Force games, even use the game's bio for him. Since technically he be 70yrs old in 2409, I have to use some Agent Daniels manipulations in his storyline back drop, still hammering out the details, after all they were a highly specialized team trapped in the Delta quadrant and were part of the Voyager crew. Accidents do happen before the event that took voyager back to the Alpha quadrant, as in they were off on a mission and disappeared or something xD

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    Wow, many thanks for your very quick reply!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As long as you pick up your Tesseract Communications Reciever before May 17th you can finish all of the objectives at any time and yes you get full rewards.
    stark2k wrote: »
    Was that the event where we rolled 3 of them f--kers? I will never repeat anything like that again.

Three? I thought it was 2? A KDF and a FED that is needed, as Rom's technically must aligned.

The missions you play before allegiance...no?
    1. So what KDF specific Delta Recruit award(s) are there?
    2. Are there any Romulan Faction specific Delta Recruit award(s)?
    ...KDF specific rewards (which are new for me)... from my new Delta recruit?
    w00q wrote: »
    ...KDF specific rewards (which are new for me)... from my new Delta recruit?
    1. So what KDF specific Delta Recruit award(s) are there?
    2. Are there any Romulan Faction specific Delta Recruit award(s)?
    It's just the story arc completion rewards. rom actually has quite a few Romulan only arcs. It's not just the 1-10 stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    All you get are some Dil, EC and possible Fleet Marks for completing faction specific story arcs. There are no unique gear.
    just "more of the same"... the important part is the "more". :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing