test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Creation, More Options Please.

I always love the character creation, the Alien option gives you some free range to mess around and come up with a totally somewhat original design. So i was wondering, Why not add more options. The flat nose option is a plus but what about No Nose, or Sharp Teeth like the Male Ferangi have. (Side note, Noticed that Female Ferangi do not have sharp teeth option.) Add a little more diversity to the Custom options. Maybe Fins or Gills for the ears and neck. Or Add the Tholian Crystal Skin option to the list, maybe more Rough skin texture and metalic or Rock.

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I'd say the reason why they don't have more options is that they have only so much time to develop the game and character creation isn't a high enough priority beyond what they've done for Jem'hadar options.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    More options would be great. It just takes time (as with everything) to sort through what can and can't be added. Ex. Tholian skin. That's probably built specifically for a tholian character model. Apply it to a humanoid and I doubt it'll automatically stretch to be the least bit workable. Someone would need to redesign that skin specifically for humanoid aliens, and while that may offer some unique customization potential there isn't precedent for it in canon (there's never been a Tholian hybrid. ;) )

What may be more tenable are customization options that were built for humanoid NPC's but haven't thus far been added to the alien tailor (simply because they weren't priorities at the time). In that list I'd suggest the Na'Kuhl skin type option (Zero added it to the Foundry, it's great) and the Draconian head model (with whatever works for it).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I'd just be happy with having the facial textures apply across the entire body. I mean, what's the use of creating a gnarly looking alien with some awesome facial features like Saowin or Coral, only to have the rest of the body look as smooth as a newborn's skin?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    While I would love more options, especially for Aliens, I'd rather they fixed the scaling first. I can't tell you how bothered I am that my character's upper arms are longer than the lower arms. And if you make the arms longer, the upper arms seem to be the only part of the arms that does get longer. It's freaky!
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I want more hairstyles particularly more long hair styles for male toons.
  • mythos9mythos9 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    i would love suliban skin type for aliens
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    we have a great customization ability. ever play star wars? the toons are gorgeous but limited
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Have to agree about fixing some of the underlying problems first. Colors still tick me off, being unable to match left/right because of different palettes. Once they got that sorted, additional options would be nifty. But do you want them to add additional potential problems on top of the problems that already exist?
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > @mythos9 said:
    > i would love suliban skin type for aliens

Or a Suliban playable race for Romulan Republic
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I'd just be happy with having the facial textures apply across the entire body. I mean, what's the use of creating a gnarly looking alien with some awesome facial features like Saowin or Coral, only to have the rest of the body look as smooth as a newborn's skin?

I completely agree with you on this!
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    edited April 2018
    I have never had an issue with Lobi outfits...

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I have never had an issue with Lobi outfits...

Have you tried them on every customizable race? I only ask that because I have toons that have no problem with things in the Tailor and then I have toons that are just out of luck when it comes to certain costume pieces. It gets even worse when bringing BOFFs into the situation.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    we have a great customization ability. ever play star wars? the toons are gorgeous but limited

Yes, but if you hold this game up to say....City of Heroes/City of Villains, or Aion, this game is **** compared for customization. And CoH/CoV used to be ran by Cryptic. I would just say to unlock the tailor for everyone. The only things that really need triggers, would be lobi outfits, reputation outfits, or premium stuff that you need to spend real cash or zen on. Locking out things like hairstyles for certain races doesn't make sense(such as no New Styled Elegant for Orion females, or Jarok hairstyle for Orion females, especially when one of the "exotic dancers" at the KDF starbase is rocking Jarok's hairstyle), or outfit parts such as the Nausicaan breastplate.
    For LTS players, why not open up the Talaxian hairstyles and Borg parts? The Liberated Borg are already cookie cutter across the three factions...but only to Romulan, Human, and Klingon? What about Liberated Borg Gorn(already have come across Borg Gorn with doffs, and the npc at the Defera battlezone), or Orion, or Alien?

Ugh...I heard about the devs taking away fun from people a while back regarding the tailor. Making it seem like the players' fun was wrong, and that they should feel wrong.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    I always love the character creation, the Alien option gives you some free range to mess around and come up with a totally somewhat original design. So i was wondering, Why not add more options. The flat nose option is a plus but what about No Nose, or Sharp Teeth like the Male Ferangi have. (Side note, Noticed that Female Ferangi do not have sharp teeth option.) Add a little more diversity to the Custom options. Maybe Fins or Gills for the ears and neck. Or Add the Tholian Crystal Skin option to the list, maybe more Rough skin texture and metalic or Rock.

I especially agree with the last part.

We need more rock in this game. Maybe they could adapt the Air Guitar emote to include some well known guitar solo's.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    On a more serious note:

I would like to see different kinds of horns (especially a Voth one), and maybe more floating and separated parts. For example: the Iconian uniform from the Midnight episode has the floating orbs, something like that but having them as (and a)part of our characters themselves would be nice.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Digitigrade legs, multiple arms, single and multiple eyes, more hairstyles, all would be nice.

Things I want in STO:

• rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    While more things to character creation is nice, and I do want to thank the devs for what they have added already, I would like to see the option to have multiple organic facial things. An example of this being both Leathan Teeth and long spikes.