test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Bootcamp Tournament

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I meant more along the lines of marctraiderz connection to Sad Pandas.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Hi,..

here are some short information.

The Teams so far..

bootcamp.PNG

.. and SOB from TBC will Stream it.

If you want to watch the Event.. you can see it there:

https://twitch.tv/casualsob

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
    daviddxx wrote: »
    Hi,..
    .. and SOB from TBC will Stream it.

TIME!! I need the time the live stream starts, please.
    I am not going to watch if it is too early, though....it is a rare day I can sleep in. Darn cats. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    zdTYHCO.png
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    Thank you :)

• zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    @u.s.s.bloodmage/sci/Veteran NOOB that can call targets........ using blood magic. Unless mages are banned. In that case I'm not a mage and I never posted here.
    definatly noob lol :)
    nah jk nice to see you guys still try to organize and play pvp in this game.

Noone.
  • unit1#1707 unit1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    @Unit1 / Tact
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    Last 10v10 was great fun! Lots of splosions and reckt ships! huehuehuheuheuheu

time 4 moar TRIBBLE! Evul Klingungs are preying on the weak, feddie bears shall perish!!!

The time is now
    Last 10v10 was great fun! Lots of splosions and reckt ships! huehuehuheuheuheu

time 4 moar ****! Evul Klingungs are preying on the weak, feddie bears shall perish!!!

The time is now

Huzzah, Warriors!!!! Drive them back to Sol!!! :smiley:

• valkfxvalkfx Member Posts: 8 Media Corps
    So i Agreed to help out and promote and give out advice so here i am joining if its not to late. @valkfx /Tac/Veteran/can team call but prefer to just let someone else do it :P
    Evening Guys..

I just want say " THANK YOU " here aswell.. i hope you got at least a bit Fun.

A big THX also to SOB for his Live-Stream.. was amazing. Thx Buddy. <3
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    Are there any clips of the action out there?
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Last I heard..it was being collected.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Holy TRIBBLE! It's VIRUSDANCER!! Big fan over here!!

I used to pour over all the articles you wrote. :) You were always great writing/speaking to and explaining things for the more casual level.

• spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
    Here's the full stream:

https://youtu.be/CS17RZ1sIf4

Will be breaking it down into the specific matches much later this week.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Holy ****! It's VIRUSDANCER!! Big fan over here!!

I used to pour over all the articles you wrote. :) You were always great writing/speaking to and explaining things for the more casual level.

Yes, that's a name I haven't seen in a long time.

Are there any clips of the action out there?

It's nice to hear from you again, Virusdancer.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    Yeah, I don't see me being in the position any time soon to be writing any of those long posts - unless they're full of all my noobish questions about some of the changes that have taken place in the past 2-3 years. I might fly around Ker'rat a bit to see what ways I get blown up - that's along the lines of how I learned so much before. Good to see that there are still familiar faces playing the game - or - at least posting on the forums.

Thanks also for that beeg clip - threw it up on YouTube on the TV and watched it from time to time while working on other stuff on the laptop. Some heinous visuals there. Can already see needing a cooling pad for the cooling pad as this baby will run hot as Hell.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Thanks also for that beeg clip - threw it up on YouTube on the TV and watched it from time to time while working on other stuff on the laptop. Some heinous visuals there. Can already see needing a cooling pad for the cooling pad as this baby will run hot as Hell.

I presume you're mostly talking about the visual effects associated with powers and abilities. If you're concerned about how hot your computer may run as a result of the graphics, you should also be aware of a new setting called "Lighting 2.0". Of course, you can always turn it off. The question is which bugs do you want — those that occur when Lighting 2.0 is off or those that occur when Lighting 2.0 is on.

EDIT: In case you don't already know, the Delta Recruit Event is running again. You probably don't care about some PvE event, but if you missed any rewards the first time or want to create a new toon, now's probably as good a time as any.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I presume you're mostly talking about the visual effects associated with powers and abilities. If you're concerned about how hot your computer may run as a result of the graphics, you should also be aware of a new setting called "Lighting 2.0". Of course, you can always turn it off. The question is which bugs do you want — those that occur when Lighting 2.0 is off or those that occur when Lighting 2.0 is on.

Just concerned because I'm playing on a laptop, and they do not have the best cooling. I'll look into the bugs to decide. I'm still chuckling at some of the costume bugs that are still here all this time later.

But yeah, the sheer number of AoE FX could be troublesome for this machine. Hell, even just the stuff one of my guys can drop out at a time by himself is visual overkill without having fired a single weapon.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    EDIT: In case you don't already know, the Delta Recruit Event is running again. You probably don't care about some PvE event, but if you missed any rewards the first time or want to create a new toon, now's probably as good a time as any.

Yeah, doing a Reman Delta Recruit to get back into the swing of things. I had deleted my Rom toons when I decided to focus on one Fed and one KDF (with nine Dil guys). It's been sad with all the simple things I've had to look up how to do again because of how long it has been. Looks like there have been some interesting changes (cash sinks).

I'm probably going to do more of the PvE stuff until I don't embarrass myself by basically blowing myself up at the spawn point. Too many mechanics that I knew by heart are beyond my reach right now, and I definitely need to dork around in a bunch of PvE to get the feel for it again.
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    people perma running evasive manouvers?
    Noone.
    zorandra wrote: »

Read the details on each engine very, very carefully....

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Prevailing_Regalia#Prevailing_Impulse_Engines

• dancel08#7157 dancel08 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

If the Perma Evasive Maneuver Speedsters are using the Prevailing Fortified Impulse Engine where the Overcharge is processed upon activating [Hull] Heal or Shield Heal Bridge Officer ability…those ship builds have 1 maybe 2 Heals at most. So, if the Overcharge process lasts for 5 seconds how can one be at over 300 Impulse speed full-time?
    edited April 2018

If the Perma Evasive Maneuver Speedsters are using the Prevailing Fortified Impulse Engine where the Overcharge is processed upon activating [Hull] Heal or Shield Heal Bridge Officer ability…those ship builds have 1 maybe 2 Heals at most. So, if the Overcharge process lasts for 5 seconds how can one be at over 300 Impulse speed full-time?

OH, well..I don't know about the Engines that trigger off the Hull or Shield.... I bought the one that triggers off of Tac abilities to use on a Kor BoP.

I was barely in control the dang thing...and definitely over shooting targets. But spinning like a top and it was pretty fun. I am afraid to see what happens if I tried it on my Pilot Raptor LOL!

They may have been doing it before with some fleet impulse engines and speed modifiers... but this engine is crazy fast when buffing up weapons. It may have even buffed speed on several Tac Boff skills in a row. Is that what is meant by "stacking"? I wasn't paying much attention to THAT...I was having fun zipping around.