test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for time travel missions

Hi everyone, I'm in a time-travelly mood and I'm looking for good missions involving time travel. As we know, the foundry's search option is pretty terrible, and going through old threads and contest entries didn't get me anywhere (it looks like most of the missions I found aren't available anymore). Any missions are welcome! Any time period, any length, either faction, and any combination of combat/story, and missions still in the review tab are all fine.

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    If you haven't tried these already:

1) There's Eons by Gorgonops (or Duncanidaho11 in these parts). It takes you 4.5 million years into the future, because why settle for mere centuries.

Foundrymissions.com link: http://www.foundrymissions.com/missions/eons-aei

2) There's also Blast to the Past: Saving Gideon by johnnysowball (or johnnysnowball in these parts), which has you traveling back to the TOS era.

Foundrymissions.com link: http://www.foundrymissions.com/missions/blast-to-the-past-saving-gideon

Hope this helps. :)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Neat thing with Foundrymissions.com is that there is a content-related tagging system! Here's the search results for time travel. It's not comprehensive to everything that's out there but some of the best authors have updated the site with their missions. It's a good start. :)

http://www.foundrymissions.com/missions/searchresults?Author=&Title=&MinimumLevel=&Faction=&Tags[0]=Time+Travel

Here's another one I'll recommend for its use of temporal mechanics: First Cause Then Effect by RogueEnterprise.
    http://www.foundrymissions.com/missions/first-cause-then-effect
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Bit behind here, but I have one!

BLAST to the PAST: Saving Gideon

c4T3UJa.jpg
    Gideon banner

This is a time of struggle and sadness, Captains.
    If only the news were better.
    Memusnahkan forces have taken much of Sirius and yesterday Risa was lost to us. By today's end their invasion forces will have control of Reytan, Lackey and Bhea. Tomorrow...
    It will be only a matter of hours before Vulcan falls.

Captains, this is a critical time. The last stand is upon us.
    What can you do for your Federation? How far will you go to protect everything we had?

8leQ7VJ.jpg
    Memusnahkan War recruitment posters

A TOS era time travel adventure.

The Memusnahkans are taking more territory daily. The Federation grows weaker and weaker. You are fighting a losing war.
    But is this the way it was meant to be?

Travel back to Kirk's Enterprise and put right what went so very wrong...

INCLUDES:
    * Ground mostly.
    * Light combat.
    * Single Fed player/LEVEL 16+
    * 1hr+

ADVICE:
    * Take a SCI, TAC & Engineer for dialogues.
    * You may want to have a yellow-shirt TOS uniform at the ready.
    For full effect with Boffs: SCI & TAC= blue shirt, ENG & 4th Boff= red.
    *Please do take any TOS era weapons you managed to pick up from Cryptic mission ‘Night of the Comet’.
    * 2nd mission, little bit experimental.

To begin, travel to the Zenik System in Celes Sector of the Beta Quadrant

First published: May 30th, 2014
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Try "The Mutara Nebula" by helixfungus (me). Picks up events from two classic ST movies, Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. Mission starts with the player that has to decommission that old facility in TWOK in which they assembled the Genesis device. An incident causes a temporal rift, something exiting from it changes Fed history... you have no choice to put back history in usual tracks again.

I did some titles in full TOS era, you should play with the AoY characters and a TOS ship, search simply for "[TOS]" in the search field.

In the same "historical" mood I've wrote "Starship Has Only One Bridge" full TNG, a follow -up of the TNG 1st season episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Did an historic mission on the Dominion War too, called "Tale from the Dominion War" - your ship relives the Breen attack on Earth and starts a retaliation on the retreating Breen forces...
  • uncle2fireuncle2fire Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Thank you all! I'd already played a few of these, but I played them again and I had a lot of fun! These are some really great missions. Thanks also for giving me a bunch of missions for my to-do list, helixfungus. Any more missions about time travel are welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    "Time Will Tell" is a mission I created for the Klingon Faction, 31+.

It is a Time Travel Mission, although, the direction of the Travel isn't the traditional one per say.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    You can try "Divide ut Regnes".

It was a winner of a forum time travel challenge and ex-Spotlight. I asked it be pulled from the Spotlight list as the official missions it was written for have been pulled out of circulation, thus making it mute. Still, it makes for a fun (in my opinion :P) time travel adventure.
  • captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Chronotons and Klingons is one of mine that's almost as old as Foundry itself. It is pretty well received and I've maintained it over the years. You are thrown back in time to the Khitomer Massacre and things go awry, forcing you to keep events moving in their historical direction to keep the timeline intact. It's a Fed solo mission ST-HQFXXK5EY. Give it a try. :)
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg