test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online is teaming up with Loot Crate!

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Info for the 3rd mission crate is up. The theme is Dark Frontier.
    Stardate: 52619.2 - Seven of Nine must make a terrible choice: return to the Borg or watch as the crew of the Voyager are assimilated. Relive one of the most intense moments of Star Trek: Voyager with official gear, including a Seven of Nine Mini Master!

The Mission ends 5/15/18 at 9pm PT

So it looks like the Seven of Nine figure will be based on this image since it is the outfit she is wearing in Dark Frontier.

320x240.jpg
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    I still haven't gotten my box... This is ridiculous. As someone said, ship what you have and send what is missing at a later date. This tardiness reflects badly not only on Loot Crate and Cryptic but Star Trek as a whole.
    mattachine wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten my box... This is ridiculous. As someone said, ship what you have and send what is missing at a later date. This tardiness reflects badly not only on Loot Crate and Cryptic but Star Trek as a whole.

The Wolf 359 Mission Crate was delayed a month and the Dev Blog for it came out 2 days after the deadline. Meaning that everyone that relied on the Dev Blog to even hear about it was out of luck. The Way of the Warrior Mission Crate had 2 delays so far.
    Thank you for being a valued member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! We regret to inform you that the WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate has been delayed. We are working hard to resolve this issue but, unfortunately, we do not have a definite shipping date to provide you with at this time. We should have more information for you within the next two weeks. We know this is far from an ideal experience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns while you wait, our Customer Support team will be happy to assist.
    starkaos wrote: »
    mattachine wrote: »

The Wolf 359 Mission Crate was delayed a month and the Dev Blog for it came out 2 days after the deadline. Meaning that everyone that relied on the Dev Blog to even hear about it was out of luck. The Way of the Warrior Mission Crate had 2 delays so far.
    Thank you for being a valued member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! We regret to inform you that the WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate has been delayed. We are working hard to resolve this issue but, unfortunately, we do not have a definite shipping date to provide you with at this time. We should have more information for you within the next two weeks. We know this is far from an ideal experience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions or concerns while you wait, our Customer Support team will be happy to assist.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how what you wrote changes anything? If anything it simply shows that they don't know how to run a business or how to treat paying customers. You just can't keep selling stuff that you don't have or stuff that you can get to meet the deadline for delivery. If you only have a extremely limited amount of a product you let the customers know and when you run out you stop taking orders and instead start taking reservations for a new batch with an expected delivery date for when the product will be available again.
  • naryan#9475 naryan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I never got anything from Lootcrate about The way of the warrior box being delayed.
    So does that mean they do not count me as a "valued" member? despite me paying for a Box in January (and still waiting for it), them taking money for the next box (Dark Frontier) last month, and the payment for the 3rd box is due on the 15th of June.

At this rate I think I will be canceling the boxes and demanding my money back, As I am not a happy person at all.
    Post edited by naryan#9475 on
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I never got anything from Lootcrate about The way of the warrior box being delayed.
    So does that mean they do not count me as a "valued" member? despite me paying for a Box in January (and still waiting for it), them taking money for the next box (Dark Frontier) last month, and the payment for the 3rd box is due on the 15th of June.

At this rate I think I will be canceling the boxes and demanding my money back, As I am not a happy person at all.

I feel it is unfortunate how Cryptic & Lootcrate are handling these physical Loot Boxes for those of you that plucked-down the cash for them. Communication is a priority in these type of situations like delays. The odds, similar to STO's Loot Boxes, were never going to be in your favor. I was hoping to hear (read) in the forums a surge of happy customers' comments about how awesome their prizes were from Cryptic & Lootcrate & then I would end-up regretting not participating, but I've learned their business practices from within STO so I figured the same would be applied outside of STO.
    Have to rely on their Twitter to get information about it. The whole Star Trek Mission Crate has been screwed up since the beginning. It might end up being that the mission crate number determines how many months it has been delayed by. So Mission Crate 1 is delayed by 1 month, Mission Crate 2 is delayed by 2 months, Mission Crate 3 is delayed by 3 months, etc.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I just EMailed with Lootcrate a couple of days ago.

They told me "The Star Trek crate is currently delayed; we are working hard to get an estimate as to when this crate will ship and your tracking will arrive. At this time, we anticipate you will either have tracking or an email update with further information soon!"

I wish they would have been proactive enough to have Emailed me that without me having to contact them when they are a month late.

AJF
  • darkmatter909#7994 darkmatter909 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I did get an email that i won’t be getting my crate anytime soon. Customer service was slow and if i didn’t complain and get my subscription canceled i would have been charged twice and for something i still didn’t get. So glad i did cancel since it sounds like all crates will be delayed.
    Total disappointment.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Hi all, back in January I ordered all 6 LootCrates. After not hearing from them about a shipment date I emailed their customer service asking about it. I was informed that I ordered too late to receive the first crate but was assured I would be shipped the 2nd crate between April 1-10th. After some time I emailed their CS again on April 18th asking about the crates and was informed they are currently delayed and should have a tracking or email on April 20th about either a tracking number or email with further information. Today in May 8th and no word from them. I have asked for a full refund.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Hi all, back in January I ordered all 6 LootCrates. After not hearing from them about a shipment date I emailed their customer service asking about it. I was informed that I ordered too late to receive the first crate but was assured I would be shipped the 2nd crate between April 1-10th. After some time I emailed their CS again on April 18th asking about the crates and was informed they are currently delayed and should have a tracking or email on April 20th about either a tracking number or email with further information. Today in May 8th and no word from them. I have asked for a full refund.

Good for you in asking for a full refund. Based upon how Cryptic & LootCrate (of course mostly LootCrate) is handling all of this you shouldn't have a problem in receiving your refund since it's certainly justified. If LootCrate was smarter they should offered you that 1st loot crate, that you supposedly missed, free of charge if you maintained your subscription.

As I stated from the very beginning, Cryptic was going to handle this just like a real-life physical Lock Box & LootCrate seems to be handling this with the same competency & concern as Cryptic handles things.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

Good for you in asking for a full refund. Based upon how Cryptic & LootCrate (of course mostly LootCrate) is handling all of this you shouldn't have a problem in receiving your refund since it's certainly justified. If LootCrate was smarter they should offered you that 1st loot crate, that you supposedly missed, free of charge if you maintained your subscription.

As I stated from the very beginning, Cryptic was going to handle this just like a real-life physical Lock Box & LootCrate seems to be handling this with the same competency & concern as Cryptic handles things.

And that's why it is a bad idea to put your product in alongside a third party company with unreliable delivery. Locking emotes, doffs, and Bridge officers alongside tier 1 ship offers with loot crate was a bad idea. Cryptic isn't to blame here, but they should at least offer the emotes etc... through another promo within game. Not all of us desire loot crate, considering the garbage you mostly get from those crates, like badges, buttons, T-Shirts etc... trinkets that for some of us, has no value.

For the diehard "Must get everything Trek related" kudos to you, but for us casual gamers, I think not.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    stark2k wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

And that's why it is a bad idea to put your product in alongside a third party company with unreliable delivery. Locking emotes, doffs, and Bridge officers alongside tier 1 ship offers with loot crate was a bad idea. Cryptic isn't to blame here, but they should at least offer the emotes etc... through another promo within game. Not all of us desire loot crate, considering the garbage you mostly get from those crates, like badges, buttons, T-Shirts etc... trinkets that for some of us, has no value.

For the diehard "Must get everything Trek related" kudos to you, but for us casual gamers, I think not.

Cryptic is partially to blame for players not getting access to the first Mission Crate. Deadline was January 15 and they released their dev blog on January 17. All the delays are purely due to Loot Crate.

The first Mission Crate had some decent loot. Only one that was Meh was the Resistance is Futile sticker.
    To me it also reflects on Perfect World / Star Trek Online as they endorsed it.

After opening a ticket with PayPal (Paid for product and not received it) I receive an email from Star Trek Mission Crate - Customer Support giving their apologies for the delay and added "As noted, there has been a bit of a hiccup with our payment processing system at the moment which our teams are working to resolve, but it has prevented me from being able to have your owed refund issued to you. "

As noted where? It's not in any message they have sent me. I will never recommend them to anyone not matter what gaming company endorse it. They were given a deadline by PayPal. Time will tell.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    Finally have an update for the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate.
    Thank you for being a valued member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! We would like to let you know that your WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate is expected to ship in mid-June. We are very sorry for the extended delay. We know this is far from an ideal experience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are expecting this to be the final update for this crate, and we are excited to get it to you as soon as possible.

It better be good for it to be delayed for 2 months. Hopefully, Dark Frontier won't be delayed by 3 months since it seems like the Mission Crate Number is how many months it is going to be delayed by.
    Finally have an update for the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate.
    Thank you for being a valued member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! We would like to let you know that your WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate is expected to ship in mid-June. We are very sorry for the extended delay. We know this is far from an ideal experience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are expecting this to be the final update for this crate, and we are excited to get it to you as soon as possible.

It better be good for it to be delayed for 2 months. Hopefully, Dark Frontier won't be delayed by 3 months since it seems like the Mission Crate Number is how many months it is going to be delayed by.

With how poorly this was handled the Way of the Warrior box better be frekingly epic. Or contain a 50% discount on any future purchases or something.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I am glad to say never have and never will ordered anything from these especially after hearing the comments on here
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    Total mess so its going to be half a year since paying with no creates.
    This is beyond silly now. Just had an email off them saying they expect to have more information in mid-July. That could mean a 7 to 8 month wait between paying and getting your first box.
  • naryan#9475 naryan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Well I just got an email from them.
    Not about the Way of the Warrior Crate, but about the Dark Frontier crate.
    Yes it's been delayed. *shock*

Email I got.
    DARK FRONTIER SHIPPING DELAY

Thank you for being a valued member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew. We would like to let you know that your DARK FRONTIER crate has encountered an unexpected delay. We are still finalizing the shipping date, but we expect to have more information in mid-July. Please be on the lookout, as we will send you another update closer to that time. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any questions or concerns, our Customer Support team will be happy to assist.

Thank you for your patience,
    Team Star Trek Mission Crate
    So have all of these been delayed from the get go & it just snowballs into the next theme being delayed?

I hope all of you that have had to exercised extreme patience with Cryptic & Loot/Mission Crate over these real-life lock boxes end up with good offerings.

You all deserve something really good anyways after all this.

Maybe Cryptic should give all who ordered these 4 in-game Lobi for each crate lol.
    Not sure how accurate it is, but according to Memory Alpha's Loot Crate page, the Way of the Warrior crate includes a Defiant Mini Master similar to the Enterprise-D Mini Master from the first Mission Crate in addition to a Worf Mini Master. So each Mission Crate might include a Mini Master character and a Mini Master ship. The Dark Frontier might include the USS Voyager, USS Raven, or a Borg ship since they were all part of the Dark Frontier episode in addition to the Seven of Nine Mini Master.
    I too have filed for a total refund with PayPal now. As mid-June (which they said in their mail to me would be the delivery date) has come and gone and no info about when to expect delivery. I only wish I could get a fair loan interest for all these months they have borrowed my money. As their company is failing so badly at their job, their credit value would be "poor" so a 30% monthly interest would be resonable.
    I was able to get a full refund, they should have had to pay back the interest they made on my $$. Never again Cryptic / Perfect World / Star Trek Online
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    Finally got an update for the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate which should have been released a couple of weeks ago considering the last update indicated it should be available Mid-June.
    “WAY OF THE WARRIOR” SHIPPING UPDATE

Thank you for your continued patience as a member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! Your WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate is now expected to ship by late July, and you will receive tracking at that time. We apologize again for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any questions or concerns, our Customer Support team will be happy to assist you, as always.

We know this has been far from an ideal experience and we will be communicating a broader update in the coming weeks. Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks for your patience,
    Team Star Trek Mission Crate

Another lousy update. Hopefully, the wait for each crate is not exponential.
    Thank you for your continued patience as a member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! Your WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate is now expected to ship by mid-August, and you will receive tracking at that time. We apologize again for any inconvenience this may cause.
    edited August 2018
    Another lousy update. Hopefully, the wait for each crate is not exponential.
    Thank you for your continued patience as a member of the Star Trek Mission Crate crew! Your WAY OF THE WARRIOR crate is now expected to ship by mid-August, and you will receive tracking at that time. We apologize again for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Yes its crazy now a 9 month wait if not longer between paying and getting anything in your hands.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Honestly why not ask for a full refund if it's that long?
    That's an insane length of delay for something that's meant to be what, monthly?
    No way i'd ever put money towards a company with that sort of bs business practice.
    SulMatuul.png
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Unless the crate involves ships from either the LOBI store or ships not available ANYWHERE ELSE INCLUDING THE GOLDEN Ferengi ship, I won't bother. right now there isn't enough information on whether I should spend my money or not.

I've subscribed to Loot Crate and Nerd Block previously for varying periods of time. For adults virtually all of the items in those boxes is geared towards children, or perpetually juvenile adults. The idea is neat and all, but seriously, most of the "loot" went to my grandchildren. I did like the t-shirts and occasional item, like books for instance.

Cryptic is bound to understand the appeal of exclusive codes for Star Trek Online, but ......... is that worth committing to something like this and then receive a code for mundane gear that you may already have?

Not a chance. More info is definitely going to be a must here!
This discussion has been closed.