test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My 3D printed ship has arrived!

Apologies if this is the wrong place!

I was quite excited when I opened the (sturdily packaged) box and even more impressed when I finally saw the ship. I think they've done a fantastic job in transferring the ingame vessel to a real life model. There should (hopefully!) be some images attached.

https://imgur.com/a/2e3Yczz

Comments

• alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    As a comparison, here is the ship ingame..

https://imgur.com/a/pV7uU
    Thanks - she's definitely going somewhere sage from playful little hands! :D
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh - that looks really good (and a nice example of how different hull components combining are handled).

I wish I could justify getting a Vastam for my desk.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Apologies if this is the wrong place!

I was quite excited when I opened the (sturdily packaged) box and even more impressed when I finally saw the ship. I think they've done a fantastic job in transferring the ingame vessel to a real life model. There should (hopefully!) be some images attached.
    91CvoLz.jpg
    Looks great!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Wow!! Also nice choice of ship to 3D print, totally unique, great color scheme.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    Ooooooooooooh!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    [quote="alcyoneserene;c-13357332"]Wow!! Also nice choice of ship to 3D print, totally unique, great color scheme.[/quote]

Thanks, that was the idea. I have Eaglemoss for the usual hero ships, but this I could only get via this method (and it’s just as valuable to me as an “on screen” ship, as it’s my own personal one.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I must say I'm impressed by how good the paintjob is. Are you satisfied with the overall quality of the model? Are the edges, cutouts, protrusions done well ?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    another imgur link i can't see...

it would be nice to know what the end result looked like. any way of being able to see it by another means?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Wow a real beauty! Congrats...must have cost an arm and a leg but it looks ALL worth it.​​
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Impressive that they got the Aztecing in the paint job. How stable is the stand it comes with? It doesn't look very sturdy.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Definitely looks good.. that's really close to how my Odyssey looks as well, so it was good to see the type of work they would do on a 'kitbashed' creation.

Price is a bit high, but it's nice to see that at least it's quality work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    lnblade wrote: »
    Impressive that they got the Aztecing in the paint job. How stable is the stand it comes with? It doesn't look very sturdy.

It's actually very sturdy, there's no wobbling, etc. All things considered, I'm quite impressed.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Wow... that is quite glorious! So, detailed....what an art piece!! The stand is so delicate, not some clunky thing.

Yeah, not something I would trust around my two hellions (cats).
    Wonder why I can't have nice things..... LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Wow... that is quite glorious! So, detailed....what an art piece!! The stand is so delicate, not some clunky thing.

My kitten stays off my desk, my three boys on the other hand ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,502 Arc User

There should be a button on the ship model to "raise shields". Shields strong enough that even little kids cant break through :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    foxman00 wrote: »

There should be a button on the ship model to "raise shields". Shields strong enough that even little kids cant break through :)

Heh, I could do with that on load of things! :)
  • mike1027#6494 mike1027 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    love the ship is it all mostly odyssey except for the saucer??? also you wouldn't by chance have a Ferengi Nandi or Ferengi Nagus in game do you???
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Looks great. Personally, I'd make the stand a bit shorter. Having a big ship on a 9in? pole would make me nervous. But then I have 2 cats. :D

I'd buy one, but sadly, a bag of cash has not fallen from the sky yet.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    It actually looks quite neat, though it's a shame they're so costly.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    That looks astounding.

Too bad I can't afford one. :(