test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Return of the Delta Recruits

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Delta Recruitment has returned to PC, and will soon be coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 for the first time! Create a new character and earn amazing rewards!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10882244

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Nice. Was already planning to make two new fed characters (replacing one old character to make them into a new liberated borg) Added bonus as I never had a delta recruit. Only AOY. Thanks.

Wi8hgCx.png​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    are folks getting a free character slot for this event?
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Woot! Very excited to have the chance to create a Delta recruit.
    In short, one word ...
    Awesome! :smiley:
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    "There will never been a better time to start playing Star Trek Online than during the Delta Recruitment event, which runs from April 19th to May 17th on PC. Characters made during this time will be Delta Recruits, and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience."
    What new benefits and new rewards? I don't see anything new listed, so far all I see are the old rewards. Leveling up another Delta recruit takes many hours, could you list what is new from last time? I don't want to waste time doing this if its just the same thing as last time.

It was fun the first time around but seems a bit pointless to play though all the missions yet again.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Awesome! Can't wait for it to hit consoles. \o/
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Hello a couple of questions:

1- Are rewards account bound or faction bound for those who already done them? Lots of people are saying bonus only works if you completed within FED, romulans or KDF factions? Meaning if you do it as a FED and complete ALL story arcs would it carry over to ALL the account characters regardless of factions?

2- If you complete them would this be honored for the extra bonus also for new characters that might be created once ViL goes live?

Thanks!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    "There will never been a better time to start playing Star Trek Online than during the Delta Recruitment event, which runs from April 19th to May 17th on PC. Characters made during this time will be Delta Recruits, and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience."
    What new benefits and new rewards? I don't see anything new listed, so far all I see are the old rewards. Leveling up another Delta recruit takes many hours, could you list what is new from last time? I don't want to waste time doing this if its just the same thing as last time.

It was fun the first time around but seems a bit pointless to play though all the missions yet again.

they are new to the character being made during this event... otherwise you would get nothing new added.

this is not a new event... it is a rerun, just no shared shard rewards/objectives.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    No sign of free slots, which is a bit disappointing. I'd made a Fed one first time around and wanted to make a KDF one to claim that side of the reward tree, but not if it means buying more character slots.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Deleted post.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    tomilak wrote: »
    I will not start new characters just to get Delta Recruit on them. There should be a way to get the Delta Recruit on already existing characters. Since there isnt, i pass on the delta recuit and fully regret the payment for the liifetime membership you got last year. If the lifer could be undone I would right now and get my 200 back. It takes way too much work to start even 3 chars over just to add get the Delta Rewards and be able to collect them for the other chars I have.

PISSED OFF PLAYER.

know you know how folks felt the 1st time around... but at least then they gave out 1 free character slot.

so only had to delete 2 toons myself. this time I need to delete 3 toons from an alt account... all of them are L60. 1 Fed, 1 KDF & 1 Rom-Fed. may delete the Rom-KDF as well thou... remake them as Reman-Fed/KDF for accolade grinding. this account only has the AOY TOS Fed cap...
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I will not start new characters just to get Delta Recruit on them. There should be a way to get the Delta Recruit on already existing characters. Since there isnt, i pass on the delta recuit and fully regret the payment for the liifetime membership you got last year. If the lifer could be undone I would right now and get my 200 back. It takes way too much work to start even 3 chars over just to add get the Delta Rewards and be able to collect them for the other chars I have.

PISSED OFF PLAYER.

know you know how folks felt the 1st time around... but at least then they gave out 1 free character slot.

so only had to delete 2 toons myself. this time I need to delete 3 toons from an alt account... all of them are L60. 1 Fed, 1 KDF & 1 Rom-Fed. may delete the Rom-KDF as well thou... remake them as Reman-Fed/KDF for accolade grinding. this account only has the AOY TOS Fed cap...

So am I understanding this correctly? Do you have to make a KDF & New Rom Delta in order to claim the account rewards on new KDF/ROM? Or can you just make one Delta Fed to unlock the feature of claiming Delta rewards on new KDF/Rom characters that aren't delta?​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User

PISSED OFF PLAYER.

So am I understanding this correctly? Do you have to make a KDF & New Rom Delta in order to claim the account rewards on new KDF/ROM? Or can you just make one Delta Fed to unlock the feature of claiming Delta rewards on new KDF/Rom characters that aren't delta?

you have to make one recruit of each faction if you want to unlock every possible reward, as some of them are tied to completing faction-exclusive story arcs - but whatever rewards you've unlocked are account-wide, regardless of what faction you actually unlocked it with​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    are folks getting a free character slot for this event?

No. Why would they?
    There should be a way to get the Delta Recruit on already existing characters

No, there shouldn't. That defeats the entire point behind the event - to create a new character. The entire event is designed around completing it as you level up
    PISSED OFF PLAYER

You mean entitled player
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User

PISSED OFF PLAYER.

So am I understanding this correctly? Do you have to make a KDF & New Rom Delta in order to claim the account rewards on new KDF/ROM? Or can you just make one Delta Fed to unlock the feature of claiming Delta rewards on new KDF/Rom characters that aren't delta?​​

The original time around all the rewards were account unlocks. I ran through the original event with a KDF and my Fed/KDF/Rom can claim the account unlocks - and the temporal recruit account unlocks are also available for all my characters. If there's an issue with a particular faction it's because there was a reward for each story arc and Fed/KDF/Rom have different tutorial arcs. So the only way to have *all* the unlocks is to make a Federation, KDF, and Romulan and play them past the tutorial. Not worth it in my opinion since those tutorials only rewarded mark boxes if I recall correctly.
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    If one has already completed the first Delta Recruit event, will this provide all of the account-wide rewards a second time if this event is repeated this time?
    fftt wrote: »
    So the only way to have *all* the unlocks is to make a Federation, KDF, and Romulan and play them past the tutorial. Not worth it in my opinion since those tutorials only rewarded mark boxes if I recall correctly.

So the only thing I am missing out is a few mark boxes on KDF & Romulan delta recruits? Why would people be annoyed about that? Doesn't seem any point in making Delta for all three factions. Or am I missing something.​​

PISSED OFF PLAYER.

you only really need to do it 1 character... but if you want max payout you need to play each faction once thru... cause there is an account reward that is dependent on you playing all the missions in a story arc. Your Fed can not play the KDF or Rom missions. Your KDF can not play the Fed or Rom missions. And your Rom can not play the Fed or KDF missions. So in order to claim ALL the account rewards (which is more EC and marks, maybe dil as well) you need to play 3 toons. These perks can only be claimed by non Delta characters.

PISSED OFF PLAYER.

So am I understanding this correctly? Do you have to make a KDF & New Rom Delta in order to claim the account rewards on new KDF/ROM? Or can you just make one Delta Fed to unlock the feature of claiming Delta rewards on new KDF/Rom characters that aren't delta?

you only really need to do it 1 character... but if you want max payout you need to play each faction once thru... cause there is an account reward that is dependent on you playing all the missions in a story arc. Your Fed can not play the KDF or Rom missions. Your KDF can not play the Fed or Rom missions. And your Rom can not play the Fed or KDF missions. So in order to claim ALL the account rewards (which is more EC and marks, maybe dil as well) you need to play 3 toons. These perks can only be claimed by non Delta characters.

Well god damn.... m8ufiyH.png Really don't want to make that many... TRIBBLE... Oh well. Guess I need to pony up for that. Making another rom doesn't sound so bad. But I have enough KDFs.​​
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Delta Recruitment has returned to PC...! Create a new character and earn amazing rewards!

You know I was really happy to see this player and fleet friendly character option returning. However, my enthusiasm was curbed by the reality that I have been grinding a toon (and expending boosts) that I would have delayed starting, had I known you were going to re-run the Delta Recruit event. Couldn't you have given the community and player base a bold blurb that this was a possibility in 2018? It's not like the Delta Recruit option was a super secret new expansion.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    fftt wrote: »
    So the only way to have *all* the unlocks is to make a Federation, KDF, and Romulan and play them past the tutorial. Not worth it in my opinion since those tutorials only rewarded mark boxes if I recall correctly.

So the only thing I am missing out is a few mark boxes on KDF & Romulan delta recruits? Why would people be annoyed about that? Doesn't seem any point in making Delta for all three factions. Or am I missing something.​​

People are annoyed because a) it's the internet and b) passion for the franchise. I looked up the old rewards and it's 100 marks and 1000 ore (x3 if you run all three factions) for completing the introduction arcs, which you can get far faster running a single STF. If you haven't made a Delta Recruit it is worth it, more or less, to make at least one for the availability of some of the special unlocks, but those unlocks were available from any faction so I'm of the opinion that a Delta Recruit for all three factions just takes up character slots and time. Even with the re-introduction of the recruitment event I have no intention of picking up the two tutorial missions that I missed last time around, even though all I have to do is make a Fed or Rom and play through those tutorials.

EDIT: Also I'm expecting a Gamma Recruitment event in a few months which will undoubtedly require the grind of replaying all those missions yet again. I'll be saving my time for when that happens.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    If you have a Delta Recruit character from the first time it ran, the Trait and effects of the event are turned back on for that particular character. I tested it on a character that I have at level 60 and he's a Delta Recruit (although he's actually done with all the stuff).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • goroshinorigoroshinori Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I love that PWE/Cryptic made this available again. It can be frustrating to get into games that have lots of unique one time only rewards that you will never be able to get. Having the opportunity to run episode replays for legacy rewards and now recruitment events is a big positive for me. Thank you.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,331 Arc User
    Okay. Quick summary of rewards.

Rewards at every 10 levels up to and including Lvl 50 (Lvl 50 reward is substantial)
    R&D Lvl 1 Gumarre Aegis Doff plus R&D Doffs and R&D Lvl 5 Set any R&D to Lvl 10
    Completing Episodes awards Marks, EC and Dil PER ARC, plus Temporal Insight Trait when half the Arcs done. Improved when all completed (Upto and including Iconian Arc)
    Joining a Fleet gives Fleet marks, Fleet Dil and Commodities
    Collecting Iconian Tech gives a Mark reward for EACH item plus Temporal Negotiator when all collected
    Collecting Iconian Info gives a Mark reward for EACH item plus Paradox Corrector when all collected.

ALL MAJOR AWARDS unlock for the account once claimed and can be claimed from your Faction Temporal Operative.

Once you have the Tesseract, you can complete them at your leisure, well after the event expiry. And the Account unlocks are well worth the effort.

Each Faction FED, KDF and ROM has individual objectives within the missions to collect tech and info, but you only need to complete on 1 faction to claim the majority of items.

You can't turn current characters into Delta because they are hard-coded into the system and vice versa. Delta toons have a variation on established storylines. If you skip the tutorial during this event, your toon will be hard-coded as a normal toon, not a Delta toon, so you need to claim the Tesseract.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User

they are new to the character being made during this event... otherwise you would get nothing new added.

this is not a new event... it is a rerun, just no shared shard rewards/objectives.

Yep, once again, a re-run of an old time event with no benefit to the people who participated the first time and bothered to keep this game breathing. Continue this BS of doing more for the new players rather than the veterans.
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Awesome news i asked awhile backabout this, now bring back temp agent again please
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Just when I was about to start my 4th Fed alt :smiley: This is awesome, thanks!
    ak255 wrote: »

Yep, once again, a re-run of an old time event with no benefit to the people who participated the first time and bothered to keep this game breathing. Continue this BS of doing more for the new players rather than the veterans.

of course there is a benefit... every new delta recruit gets free dil, free fleet dil... also I think they get free rep dil as well. a stack of free fleet commodities. and of course free ec rewards. marks too.

there was folks back during the original event who made dozens of characters on free accounts to help with fleet projects.

may not be of value to you... but small fleets or solo fleets can rake it in... if they make more toons.

What benefit? You already got it. Such a childish thing to say.​​
  • jamesdtreljamesdtrel Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2018
    I joined on release day back in 2012 but RL got in the way. I just started playing again and my level 7 character from back then is now only 10. I have never had a capped character. What's the chance it can apply to a character on an account that has never had a capped character? It'd go a long way to convincing me to stay and even sub ;)