test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar Customisation Options

I'm making a presumption here, but Cryptic aren't likely to make us play exact clone JHD's (though isn't that basically how they work in canon?), so there must be some kind of customisation set up for them, right? Even if it's limited in scope? They are giving us a new JHD costume store unlock. And surely our JHD toons will have their own BOffs* who would need some differentiation between each other and your own toon.

If this is the case, though, do you think there is a chance our existing JHD BOffs might get updated to use that system too? I get that such a change might not be immediate to x4, but at some point in the foreseeable future perhaps? Yes? No? Maybe? Wishful Thinking?

#HopeSpringsEternal

*P.S. Vorta BOff? Just to rub salt in the wound? Or #WishfulThinking
General T'Reirr Asei
Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
#PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy

Answers

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    britewolf wrote: »
    though isn't that basically how they work in canon?

No, not really. They're clones, but each has a distinct appearance instead of being identical. They're sticking with canon by making them all male (to my knowledge), so they'll most likely stick to canon that way too.

Though I'd say no to the idea that they'd update existing Jem'Hadar Boffs to match. They didn't do that with the Remans, so I don't see it happening with Jem'Hadar.

Of course, there's no actual canon evidence they're even clones like the Vorta.
    Post edited by tyler002 on
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    Weyoun says they were created to fight, indicating they are clones
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    All that was ever said about them was they are genetically engineered, which is not the same as being cloned. Only the Vorta were referred to as clones.

Jem'Hadar all look unique with no two sharing an identical appearance, which is not a clone thing.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Weyoun says they were created to fight, indicating they are clones

They are not clones. The writers considered that idea and dismissed it early on. They are genetically engineered and grown but not from the same base template like the vorta. Clones would be identical, they are not

We won't be getting vorta boffs, that wouldn't make sense. Though I suspect we will be getting identical boffs, probably end up with dukan'rex getting the tovan khev treatment
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    britewolf wrote: »
    I'm making a presumption here, but Cryptic aren't likely to make us play exact clone JHD's (though isn't that basically how they work in canon?), so there must be some kind of customisation set up for them, right?

Yup, I believe that this was confirmed on Ten Forward Weekly: Jem'Hadar characters will be customizable. However, the existing bridge officer will not be updated (little too complicated to overwrite, just as with the Reman FE reward boff which wasn't made customizable after we received playable Remans). It will, however, not be the only Jem'Hadar boff come the expansion (new ones will be added which should be customizable). ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!