test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP Boosts buffed

mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
When I saw that XP Boosts were included in the Victory is Life packages, I wondered why they considered these could be worth mentioning. XP Boosters have been useless for years, and I hope no one wasted any money on them.

But with this patch, it seems they might have made them useful again.

XP Boosts have been updated to provide a more improved boost to gaining extra XP!
  • All XP Bonus Pools will now grant a 50% boost to the bonus XP earned, from the previous 20% bonus.
  • Bonus Pool size has also increased:
    • Small XP boosts have gone from 1,000 to 25,000
      • The price for these in the C-Store has not changed.
  • Grande XP boosts have gone from 3,000 to 50,000
  • Venti XP boosts have gone from 6,000 to 100,000
  • Large XP boosts have gone from 10,000 to 150,000
    • The price for these in the C-Store has gone from 975 ZEN to 600 ZEN.
  • These changes will affect all currently owned and unused XP Bonus Pool items.
  • These changes will not affect active XP Bonus Pools.

What do you think? I probably still woulnd't spend money on them, since levelling is fast and most of my characters already have mastered one or two specializations. But I guess at least the one in the pack will be useful for the new Jem'Hadar characters.

I actually still have one or two XP Boosters from the pre F2P days, which don't have a bonus pool number, but instead a duration. I wonder if they'll be affected insome way as well (broken, also granting 50 %, or something like that).

--
EDIT GOD
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Anyone know if the boost from 20 to 50% gain is applied to the old 1 and 8 hours boosts ?
    People are still selling those on exchange I've seen.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I am wondering about that, too. We'll see after the update, I guess.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Long overdue change.

I remember looking at these when DR came out and struck me as a very cynical cashgrab at the time given the pittance of xp per zen they offered.

Looks better now but doubt I'll bite as I leave lowbies til an xp exent and blitz the levels that way.