test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for the Deep Space Nine Social Zone

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback and issues found for the revamp of Deep Space 9.

Deep Space Nine Social Zone Update:

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    This map was amazing! Thanks Guys!
  • bosn1abosn1a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    the server is unavailable at this time :(
    sigpic4178_3.png
  • bpeachee#6840 bpeachee Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Tribble is down.. Whats going on?
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    The GPL Conversion Unit interact is simply labelled "Interact", not GPL Conversion Unit. Might be confusing if this goes live.
  • agarwaencranmalk#7586 agarwaencranmalk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The Map is amazing, but with light 1.0 (whish I use for performance reasons) there is a bug or more specific: With light 1.0 there is no light at all.

d9b0e1-1524108072.jpg
  • jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Looking so awesome! Thanks so much for the effort of bringing this to the game! <3
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Scale the station exterior to its proper size! There is no excuse for it to be so comically large... No... "Its not fun to fly around" or "its not imposing enough" are not good excuses. The station has been so comically large for far too long, and the model is similarly dated and it shows. Atleast if it were smaller it would hid the imperfections... and we could actually look like we are docked instead of being
    7NGGeUP.png

• varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    Dabo is not working in Quarks.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    The Map is amazing, but with light 1.0 (whish I use for performance reasons) there is a bug or more specific: With light 1.0 there is no light at all.

d9b0e1-1524108072.jpg

Yes, it's pitch black.

DS9 pitch black without Lighting 2.0
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • gerpdut53gerpdut53 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I also have pitch black when 2.0 is off.
    Dabo is not working for me either.
    Some NPCs are standing on their chairs in Quark's and the Replimat
    Suggestion: Dabo sounds be added for ambiance in Quark's
    "turbolifting" up the stairs? Pets do not follow you. (they also do not follow you into ops, but this seems like a security feature)
    Closed door just beyond the Jumja vendor (going counterclockwise) seems to house a trapped NPC
    Holosuites?
    Small thing: I wish we could sit at the O'Brien's table

All vendors that I tried functioned properly, and I found no bugs with NPC interactions so far.
    I LOVE arriving on a ship through the airlock, and seeing the doors roll open. Stunning entrance!
    Attention to detail is amazing, everything is really making me feel like I'm exploring the on-screen station
    Spiral stairs are a little tricky to master, but a welcome addition!
    The ability to walk straight into Quark's (on two levels!) is a pleasure that I didn't know how much I was missing.
    Thank you for rescuing the poor NPC stuck standing behind the wall in Quark's for the past several years

The update overall is beautiful. I can't get over the way the lower level Promenade has come to life. Bringing the Exchange, etc, closer to the ring is so much more convenient. It will take a while for me to get used to where things are, but I think it will be much easier/quicker to get to and find everything. Thank you so much!
    @mivren in game
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    Ship selector at DS9 is the wrong type of ship selector. You can only switch from your currently active ship to your currently active shuttle.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    It’s off to a good start. There needs to be a bit more polish of course but this is what I’ve picked up on so far:
    -Lots of identical NPCs, many doing the cough animation.
    -The Klingon chef dances constantly

On a brighter note the docking officer is FINALLY showing KDF players some respect.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Wow, I love this map.
    It really brings me back to the show, well done!

Few issues, like others have reported: some NPCs are standing on their chairs.
    ds9_1.png?dl=1
    Also, the roaming NPCs, as they navigate Quark's end up walking over the tables near the Dabo table.

I love the docking ring entrance! I hope we get to see more of it in the future. Also, when you reach the turbolift at the docking ring, I'd love to be able to board my ship from there. I originally entered via transporter, so I was a little confused when I walked to the docking ring, and had no interaction options.

OPS is far larger than I remember on the show, and larger than previously on STO, which I thought couldn't happen. :D
    ds9_2.png?dl=1

There is a poor civilian stuck behind the door (they aren't on the upper level, or they'd be walking in space).
    ds9_3.png?dl=1

Additionally, I'd recommend adding a beam out option at the transporter room, like ESD has.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Wow, I love this map.
    It really brings me back to the show, well done!

Few issues, like others have reported: some NPCs are standing on their chairs.
    ds9_1.png?dl=1
    Also, the roaming NPCs, as they navigate Quark's end up walking over the tables near the Dabo table.

I love the docking ring entrance! I hope we get to see more of it in the future. Also, when you reach the turbolift at the docking ring, I'd love to be able to board my ship from there. I originally entered via transporter, so I was a little confused when I walked to the docking ring, and had no interaction options.

OPS is far larger than I remember on the show, and larger than previously on STO, which I thought couldn't happen. :D
    ds9_2.png?dl=1

There is a poor civilian stuck behind the door (they aren't on the upper level, or they'd be walking in space).
    ds9_3.png?dl=1

Additionally, I'd recommend adding a beam out option at the transporter room, like ESD has.

Just a little heads up, there's been no work done on Ops. ATM, its not part of this social zone refresh, even though Taco does want to do it over.

However, they dont promise on being able to get to ops, and it might get redone further down the road
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Just a little heads up, there's been no work done on Ops. ATM, its not part of this social zone refresh, even though Taco does want to do it over.

However, they dont promise on being able to get to ops, and it might get redone further down the road

Ah, thanks for that info. It's odd, because it does look different (I didn't do a side-by-side though).
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Awsome job on the interior guys.

I’m just a bit confused. Shouldn’t the location of the jumja stick vendor/gift shop and the Klingon restaurant be switched?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > Awsome job on the interior guys.
    >
    > I’m just a bit confused. Shouldn’t the location of the jumja stick vendor/gift shop and the Klingon restaurant be switched?

You probably remember wrong, they took 2600 screenshots
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    >
    > I’m just a bit confused. Shouldn’t the location of the jumja stick vendor/gift shop and the Klingon restaurant be switched?

that or Cryptic simply thought it looked better that way, there's plenty of in-universe reason why those 2 stands/shops could have swapped during the 30+ years since the end of the dominion war.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Confirming the wrong type of ship selector, it only displays my current ship and small craft.

The Klingon restaurant is just flat out wrong if you're going for the look of the original series: there should be more tables around it, if this is supposed to be the same guy from the series he wore a white outfit and did not dance. At best he was a violinist.
    latest?cb=20110212211245&path-prefix=en

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_restaurant

Quark needs an upper lip. Or less crazy eyes. Or something.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Small thought regarding returning to your ship from the docking ports, how about an option to take a shuttle to Bajor? Sure it won't be hugely useful day-to-day as you don't often go there (but would save 4 loading screens if you do need to go there) but in the show you had ships going from DS9 to Bajor all the time and it would be nice to see that as an inclusion (unless you want to deter people from going to Bajor before the 2800 arc).
  • liannicky21liannicky21 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Love the new ds9 ground map its amazing and you have done amazing work as always.
    just a few glitches people standing on chairs or facing not the right way you sit at a table, no door sounds on the docking doors, which would be nice, and dabo not working in quarks! but keep up the amazing work
    edited April 2018
    Dolgun and Tohmoe's New Shop

Business must be going well for Dolgun and Tohmoe. They've upgraded from their little stall to a small shop of their own.

GDqKBIL.jpg
    J7R0nU7.jpg
    zzMoAzr.jpg

In fact, all of the old vendors got an upgrade.

https://imgur.com/a/ZxBglnd

However, Dolgun and Tohmoe's shop looks a little empty. Other than that one shelf, they're standing in an empty room. Perhaps, you can give them desks or counters to stand behind with some hypos on top. (Actually, the hypos might start flickering, so forget about that part.)

Also, you see those black mugs on the back shelf? Those are symptoms of the graphics bug I've been complaining about since before Season 14. If you light up DS9 without Lighting 2.0, they might start flickering too.

https://i.imgur.com/oK6dzZo.jpg

Flickering ground weapons
    Flickering tribbles on Federation fleet starbase

Where's Ahnya-Maahlia?

Did Urgmaht and Targosk fire her, or did she find new employment? Maybe, Quark can hire her.

https://i.imgur.com/FFMZqMm.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/V2bcqfx.jpg

Where's Task Force Omega?

What happened to Roxy, D'Vak, and company? Perhaps, you removed them because you think they're obsolete. But are you sure that Roxy is truly no longer needed? I remember she was needed to fix some people's broken characters or rep projects. Also, if I remember correctly, D'Vak still hails you when you reach level 54 or 55 and asks you to meet him on DS9.

https://i.imgur.com/UGJudTd.jpg

DS9 Shipyard

Some NPCs in the DS9 shipyard have ESD backgrounds.

https://i.imgur.com/bJyheEW.png (Ship Equipment)
    https://i.imgur.com/tFIReWf.png (Shuttle Information)

Vanilla, please don't eat this post.
    qVpg1km.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Consoles may not be polished and ready for Holodeck, but I'm rather taken with what I've toured. The choice to beam down or dock the ship was a pleasant surprise. I always used to walk up to the unmoving airlock doors and then beam out. Wishing those airlock doors would open. Now I can actually arrive and step through the airlocks just like the show. That alone just pulled me right in!

Love the spiral staircases. Fun to actually use the walk command to climb them if I so desire.

What fascinates me is the contrast of original map, its too wide spaces and too high ceilings, with the new, cozy map. It will be an important distinction between the more spacious ESD and this very canon map. Which, oddly, suggests one concern. We just might have too many wandering NPC's as experience on Tribble. Somewhat along the circumference of the Promenade.

But more so inside Quark's. Which is more intimate now regardless of which level we visit. And that is a good thing, IMO. The extras in the shadows, who don't have a primary function, could be moved or done away with completely. The player's will need that space to do their own lurking. Especially on the second or third level.

I'm sure that there are other things to look over. But this is my initial response.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    >

I don’t think so. There was an episode where parts of the characters wanted to eat at Quark‘s but decided against it as station repairs there made some loud noises. They reconsidered to better eat at the Klingon restaurant as it was supposed to be quieter. Now if the location was ever meant to be in front of Quarks this would have made no sense at all.

Really, Cryptic got that one wrong. It’s certainly no big one but simply sands out a bit as an obvious error to an otherwise superb and authentic job of the dev team. Perhaps they can still correct it and even move Martok and Kurn there. They don’t feel like typical replimate customers…
    animated.gif
    edited April 2018
    Confirming the wrong type of ship selector, it only displays my current ship and small craft.

The Klingon restaurant is just flat out wrong if you're going for the look of the original series: there should be more tables around it, if this is supposed to be the same guy from the series he wore a white outfit and did not dance. At best he was a violinist.
    latest?cb=20110212211245&path-prefix=en

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon_restaurant

Yea pretty much that. As far as I recall the Klingon restaurant was a redress of the gift shop in front of quarks and only used as such two or three times in the episodes. The chairs and tables you mentioned were set up directly on the promenade floor. I was always under the impression that it was supposed to be located on the unbuilt parts of the promenade. This would also correspond with the floorplan from memory alpha (location 21 vs location 3).

latest?cb=20140510045400&path-prefix=en

If they had located it in the “unseen” section they could have easily made it a much larger Klingon oriented area.

Otherwise I’m really amazed by this work of art.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Is Rom's flagship suppose to come and go? I saw a button to hail Rom's flagship outside DS9. I clicked it and talked to him for a bit (or rather, I read the text below the viewscreen.) I wanted to get a closer look at his ship, but when I tried to fly closer, his ship disappeared.
    qVpg1km.png
  • zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Doff assignments are no longer available except through the Trader?
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Just a couple of thoughts on the revamp, first. IT LOOKS AWESOME! Thank you for the hard work. The effort put in shows! Second, It feels cramped. The ring corridor feels narrow and claustrophobic, especially on the upper floor. Third, I love being able to just walk into Quarks and I heard the Jingle he made up coming from the entrance of his bar, but it also feels cramped. Plus it has almost no lighting on the upper floors.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Awsome job on the interior guys.

I’m just a bit confused. Shouldn’t the location of the jumja stick vendor/gift shop and the Klingon restaurant be switched?

They were actually in the exact same spot. Jumja in Season 1 (and a little into S2), then got replaced by the Klingon Deli (or that shop, which actually got used for a number of things).

We wanted to include the Jumja stand somewhere, and since we had to fill in the back 2/3 of the Promenade, we put it there.

>

I don’t think so. There was an episode where parts of the characters wanted to eat at Quark‘s but decided against it as station repairs there made some loud noises. They reconsidered to better eat at the Klingon restaurant as it was supposed to be quieter. Now if the location was ever meant to be in front of Quarks this would have made no sense at all.

Really, Cryptic got that one wrong. It’s certainly no big one but simply sands out a bit as an obvious error to an otherwise superb and authentic job of the dev team. Perhaps they can still correct it and even move Martok and Kurn there. They don’t feel like typical replimate customers…

It's not so much that we got it wrong, as we've made some sacrifices for gameplay.

There were only two, small bar tables, and they were ONLY in the shots that were close up, to make it feel like a restaurant. Never in the shots from farther out, because those tables were just in the middle of the Promenade walkway. While it would be nice to have them, they would eat up too much walking space.

So get your Gagh to go, and go sit in the Replimat.

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • illustriousqillustriousq Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    >

It's not so much that we got it wrong, as we've made some sacrifices for gameplay.

There were only two, small bar tables, and they were ONLY in the shots that were close up, to make it feel like a restaurant. Never in the shots from farther out, because those tables were just in the middle of the Promenade walkway. While it would be nice to have them, they would eat up too much walking space.

So get your Gagh to go, and go sit in the Replimat.

I was thinking those tables and chairs disappeared because Odo saw them as a safety hazard/security issue and ordered their removal from the Promenade.