test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment is Back: April 19th to May 17th

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
Per the latest patch notes, the Delta Recruitment event is coming back!
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10882354

For those newer to the game, here's a run-down of what you can earn and how:
https://sto.gamepedia.com/Delta_Recruitment

Few points:
  • For those that have run this before, I don't think you'll be able to double up on your rewards
  • TOS characters are not eligible (they did not exist at the time of the event)
  • This doesn't necessarily take the place of events timed with Victory is Life (it's a nice thing for newer players)
  • Is this a temporal incident? I'm calling Daniels...
  • Thanks Cryptic!
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Weird, I would've expected something new for the next expansion.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    avoozuul wrote: »

They'vestrongly hinted that there should be a recruitment event for Victory is Life. Given that this ends in May and the expansion is in June... ;)

(I wouldn't take this as a specific expansion promotional event. It's something to fill time that isn't simply a 4 week queue grind, though after Renegade's Regrets rewards cycle through we may see one of those too.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

They'vestrongly hinted that there should be a recruitment event for Victory is Life. Given that this ends in May and the expansion is in June... ;)

(I wouldn't take this as a specific expansion promotional event. It's something to fill time that isn't simply a 4 week queue grind, though after Renegade's Regrets rewards cycle through we may see one of those too.)

Those queues are 3 weeks, and we'll probably see the next one right about when the Delta Recruit rerun ends. They tend to be once per quarter, and that way it would finish right about in time for Risa.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... I still haven't done the Romulan specific arcs for Delta Recruit because I didn't have the character slots to make a Romulan Delta. I do now.
    So... yet another Zelda Character finds her way to the Alpha Quadrant. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    So this is the exact same as the previous Delta Recruit, no changes at all except for the lack of the weekly shard event?

Already completed it before, but looks good for those who missed it last time.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Wonder when we'll get it on console.....might be the pretext I need to start a Fed Rom.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Recruitment Event for the specific Expansion starts when the Expansion releases so this is a filler for those who may not have had the opportunity to participate previously. I would guess that even if you participated previously some that were going to start a new Character would do so under this just for the Character specific rewards (Marks, Dilitium, Gumarre, etc.)

Also note the massive increase in the XP Boosts that they sell and price decrease. They finally realized that it was a pretty pathetic amount for the price.

Will the Recruitment Event for 'Victory is Life' have us start a Vanguard Hatchling? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I am surprised. This is the first 'big' thing that I can remember Cryptic repeating.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Do you need to level a delta recruit through each faction or can I can complete everything by just leveling a fed delta recruit?
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    To unlock all possible rewards for your account, you will need 1 each of regular Starfleet, Klingon and Romulan. It doesn't matter which faction your Romulan picks for an ally. It's the different story arcs for each faction that matter. Rewards for completing those arcs for your account are just Fleet Marks and Dilithium ore, though, so base your decision of how many of them to make off of how much you need those things.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • danieljr69danieljr69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So does that mean we can create a Borg officer or no?
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    This means a good thing, that means, we will be getting a rerun of the Temporal Agent Recruit Event one of these days, but probably not now. They will probably use that to promote their 5th Expansion or some massive update next year.

And I am grateful for Cryptic returning a large event to the forefront and making people enjoy content they missed. I'll definitely skip this since I already have 3 Delta Recruits and 1 Temporal Recruit.

Aka Great for New Players & If the Consoles get it. It's awesome for them too.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »
    Do you need to level a delta recruit through each faction or can I can complete everything by just leveling a fed delta recruit?

One is enough. There are minor rewards for completing story arc(s) at the beginning that are specific to each faction. For Fed it's the Klingon War story arc. KDF and Romulans have 3 short story arcs in the same time frame. That's about 17 - 21 missions per faction. I think the rewards includes 5k Dil and 2.5m EC.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Great for the people that missed it the first time around.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    It's a shame really because if i want to level up a new Cardassian i'd have to do it the hard way, i am happy to see the event again but at the same time i am a little disappointed it will start and end before ViL and i would of thought it would be a perfect time for it on launch.

i hope you are right and there is something like a Gamma recruitment event on launch of ViL. hopefully it is communicated ahead of time and the disappointment of the Delta event won't exist after that, so long as most of the factions are involved with it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Great for the people that missed it the first time around.

Exactly, and people have requested it here more than once.

I only made 1 Delta Recruit at the time, but I doubt I'll make more just for the minor faction-specific story arc rewards.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    hmm not sure if I want to make another delta recruit or not but if they release the pheonix lockbox's today as well then I may consider making one could use those pheonix upgrades
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I wish I could make one of my existing toons a Delta Recruit, I bought 4 character slots weeks ago but now I have already made two level 60 toons with them and I have no idea what kind of toons I want to make with the remaining two slots.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm actually really glad they did this instead of doing a new recruitment event.

I really don't want to make a whole new character and go through all this again. I didn't really even want to do the 23c event but the rewards were too good to pass up.

I have everything from the Delta Event already so I can skip this without concern. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    for max benefits you need to remake 3 toons... Fed, KDF & Rom (doesnt matter which alliance).

just the thought of regrinding out those missions... especially those romulan missions. talk about pulling teeth.

and the class specific missions optionals are still bugged for certain missions... never fixed. so if you want em, you need to play in a 4 or 5 man group with regular fed or kdf, 1 of each class. cause you cant complete any of those class optionals yourself, you need to leech it off other people.
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Did i see it right ? wow that was unexpected and XP boost buff also. Very nice i missed the Delta event.

BTW who of the dev team give info to some player friend in advance ? This is 6th time or more i can see a very exact trend on exchange were some people buy things that are gonna change prices in advance without any announcement.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Everything you're looking for is in the patch notes, but yes they are doing a new Delta Recruitment event so you will get to finally access the rewards you missed. It's a pretty big collection of stuff. As to the items on the exchange, that's supply and demand. Once the patch notes indicated the increased boost to the xp boosters, they naturally became more valuable and demand increased.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Everything you're looking for is in the patch notes, but yes they are doing a new Delta Recruitment event so you will get to finally access the rewards you missed. It's a pretty big collection of stuff. As to the items on the exchange, that's supply and demand. Once the patch notes indicated the increased boost to the xp boosters, they naturally became more valuable and demand increased.

Thats great !
    Gonna do a couple new chars for good measure :)

Well i meant a couple of people suddenly started buying xp boosts in bulk and for x2 x3 'normal prices' prices from 3-4 days ago. I seen this happen several times with other items too. Well whatever does not matter much.

Delta TOON HERE I COME :)

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Just remember that with Delta Recruits, you need to make 3 characters to unlock “all” of the benefits for the other characters on your account... a Fed, a KDF, and Romulan Republic.
    Post edited by ikonn#1068 on
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I missed the event so I will make a new character
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    It's a shame really because if i want to level up a new Cardassian i'd have to do it the hard way, i am happy to see the event again but at the same time i am a little disappointed it will start and end before ViL and i would of thought it would be a perfect time for it on launch.

My feelings as well. I was already somewhat disappointed by the news of playable Cardassians being made available, since that likely means no official Cardassian "mini-faction" for the foreseeable future, but was still planning on eventually making a Cardassian character regardless, and was simply going to wait for another recruitment type event to serve as an "excuse".

Unfortunately, with this event happening before ViL comes out, I'll either have to just wait for the next recruitment event to come along (one spot of good news is this means that they are going to come back around eventually) or I'll likewise just have to bite the bullet and roll a Cardassian the "hard way" at some point.

As it is, the KDF and Romulan Delta Recruits I made way back when are still sitting just outside of their respective tutorials, and will likely continue to sit there. So long as this event doesn't add anything new (account unlocks in particular) I'm probably just gonna skip this one, and continue my wait for ViL.

Still, good news for folks who missed it the first time around, I suppose.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @furiontassadar said:
    > mirrorchaos wrote: »
    >
    > It's a shame really because if i want to level up a new Cardassian i'd have to do it the hard way, i am happy to see the event again but at the same time i am a little disappointed it will start and end before ViL and i would of thought it would be a perfect time for it on launch.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My feelings as well. I was already somewhat disappointed by the news of playable Cardassians being made available, since that likely means no official Cardassian "mini-faction" for the foreseeable future, but was still planning on eventually making a Cardassian character regardless, and was simply going to wait for another recruitment type event to serve as an "excuse".
    >
    > Unfortunately, with this event happening before ViL comes out, I'll either have to just wait for the next recruitment event to come along (one spot of good news is this means that they are going to come back around eventually) or I'll likewise just have to bite the bullet and roll a Cardassian the "hard way" at some point.
    >
    > As it is, the KDF and Romulan Delta Recruits I made way back when are still sitting just outside of their respective tutorials, and will likely continue to sit there. So long as this event doesn't add anything new (account unlocks in particular) I'm probably just gonna skip this one, and continue my wait for ViL.
    >
    > Still, good news for folks who missed it the first time around, I suppose.

There will most likely be a Gamma Recruitment Event with Victory is Life, so there’s you’re excuse to roll a Cardassian
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    There will most likely be a Gamma Recruitment Event with Victory is Life, so there’s you’re excuse to roll a Cardassian

I will likely be playing a Jem'hadar, instead.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    The bartender on Drazona has recovered the long lost recipe for the Nerve Tonic.

Did they fix the tonics so they aren't the broken dance anymore but the full dance used by NPC's still?
    Green people don't have to be.... little.