test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missions offering Foundry rewards prior to latest release no longer doing so

theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
I recognize that the problem is not universal; however, it affects one of my missions (Of Damsels and Distress, ST-HHYHKXKKA), and a few others that I have noticed. My mission qualified prior to the last Foundry downtime, and takes a good one half-hour to complete.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I can confirm this myself and at least one other author has noticed this. And so far we have not found any consistency to it so it remains vague. Its almost like something reset the rewards counter behind the scenes. below are 2 examples of the weirdness

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/cast-found-1.png
    http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/cast-found-2.png
    Post edited by castsbugc on
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Confirmed, many missions, some with as many as 100+ plays are now no longer offering rewards. In addition no missions have been published since Friday at least, I am still 12 missions missing.
    Its very possible that autopublish will have failed for some missions for various reasons. A quick question, is there a map in common in all of them? I have found that very often the boundaries of maps change during these cycles and objects end up outside the allowed frame, which will instantly break publishing

• theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    castsbugc wrote: »
    I can confirm this myself and at least one other author has noticed this. And so far we have not found any consistency to it so it remains vague. Its almost like something reset the rewards counter behind the scenes. below are 2 examples of the weirdness

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/cast-found-1.png
    http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/cast-found-2.png

The first photo demonstrates exactly what I was referring to. The second photo, I believe, is not related to Season 14.5; I've seen this in the past on a couple of my own "missions" that I use for testing mechanics and other concepts. Given enough test publishes and plays, the mission will grant Foundry rewards, provided that it is long enough to do so. I haven't tracked how many plays that is, though.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I've noticed this as well but the missions of mine that aren't offering rewards also haven't been played since republish. Can anyone confirm that missions remain reward-less irrespective of their recent pays (ie. since downtime)? As is, seems like the rewards counter was reset behind the scenes (in which case: there's not much a dev can do. It'll rectify itself in short order.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited April 2018

In addition, there are at least 10 missions of mine still missing, and the number available has not risen for almost a week, the editor is still down so there's no way to check anything, but of course you know that Duncan, just stating it here for others reading this thread.

We'll make some extra noise about it then on Roundtab and Ten Forward, if these missions are being frequently played now and still lack rewards then something might be up that the devs could look into.

Kael said last week that the Foundry would definitely be up this week, but seeing he's in Germany today (and Zero's on vacation) we might be another weekend without the editor. It seems like we're just waiting on them flipping the final switch(es). Once we get the editor back we can republish any missing missions (not unusual with downtime) and maybe test to see if rewards come back with a manual republish (doubtful if it's a system issue but it'll be good to check to see if there's a work around.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • fadamsxiicrypticfadamsxiicryptic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Just as a follow up from a player's perspective, I can confirm that this is still happening with a good number of missions, they were rewarding but aren't now and there's no reason that I can see why, some of them are very old missions that certainly have the requisite length and number of playthroughs.

And as Duncan/GorgonOps noted (which I also sent you an in-game mail about about two weeks ago regarding SSF 1-2, this is @FAdamsXII in game by the way), there are a bunch of missions that are still unpublished thatshould have been auto-published, and as far as I can tell, there's nothing in common with them except for maybe some very basic assets that are in missions that are indeed published at the moment.

Its kind of really irritating to the beta tester in me because I can't think of any real commonalities between any of them except for possibly a bugged asset that all the affected missions share and if there is, its something very basic.
    I am a Starfleet Officer first, but an Intelligence Professional second to none. With pride in my heritage, but focused on the future. Performing the first task of an Army; To find, know and never lose the enemy. With a sense of urgency and of tenacity, professional and physical fitness. And above all: Integrity--for in truth lies victory. Always at Silent War while ready for a shooting war: The silent warrior of the Starfleet team

Original Join Date: 19 December 2010
    edited May 2018
    An update for folks,

Kael should be back from Germany and I'll be prodding him during Ten Forward Weekly should we get that today. I think it's just a case of Destination Star Trek prep pre-empted turning the Foundry back on (he did say it would definitely be coming back last week and there hasn't been a "sorry, unforeseen tech issue" post to worry about yet.)

If for whatever reason TFW's postponed (ex. jet lag) I'll be making more direct inquiries over twitter. I'll report back when we have news.
    Just as a follow up from a player's perspective, I can confirm that this is still happening with a good number of missions, they were rewarding but aren't now and there's no reason that I can see why, some of them are very old missions that certainly have the requisite length and number of playthroughs.

I'm wondering if the system that tracks reward qualification is a component that may or may not be turned on when we're coming out of downtime. We did have reviewing come back right away (not typically the case) so we may be looking at a few Foundry bits coming back out of sequence. That or a bug, we'll keep this on Cryptic's the radar.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OH NO! I hope this gets fixed soon! So, much to do right now inside the game with Delta Recruits...hardly had time to check in on Foundry stuffs. Good Luck!!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited May 2018
    Update from Kael: he doesn't want to say that the Foundry editor is definitely coming back tomorrow after downtime (just in case something happens or comes up) but that's what they're shooting for. :)
    UPDATE

Republished a mission that should be rewarding, after a very long publish it still states no rewards.

I did the same thing, also with the same result. The manual republish failed to restore the rewards to a mission that should be offering them.
    edited June 2018
    *comment withdrawn*
    Post edited by theyredeadjim on
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Report from the Theta Front: Unsung Mission Part 1, Unsung Mission part 2, and Omnitabula Part 3 still offer rewards while the rest no longer do.
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    Yay, on the KDF side my 26c mission The Black Box still offers rewards. :)
    edited June 2018
    *comment withdrawn*
    edited June 2018
    *comment withdrawn*
    edited May 2018
    Pulled all... congrats... you own, and I am out.

Your call but okay. The plan is to still pull a full list of non-qualifying missions together (very busy time for me IRL now, will have it done next week) for Cryptic to review and hopefully resolve. Authors are still encouraged to post any mission of theirs that's affected (the more data the merrier).

Discussion of bugged keyboard controls on initial Foundry load can be directed here: Linky
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    edited June 2018
    *comment withdrawn*
    edited June 2018
    *comment withdrawn*
  • stcaptainquirkystcaptainquirky Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I just checked and both of my missions seem to be affected by this.

Damsel in distress (ST-HBBOWORV5) with 2230 reviews

and

Of mazes and monsters (ST-HQ2NZR6JW) with 323 reviews

Both missions have an average 4 star rating and qualified for rewards years ago. The real issue is that without qualifying for rewards they don't show up in the top three system in sector space anymore meaning unless someone searches for them specifically by name they can't be found. Since I've never been that popular or active as an author I assume that players randomly stumbling across my missions in sector space and starting them on a whim was pretty much the only way they ever got played. This might be a problem for other "smaller" authors as well.

SaSOGlo.png
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, I'll poll the audience during tomorrow's Roundtable to grab final missions for the list. Then I'll aggregate and send to Kael in case he hasn't picked up on this (soonest I can manage: Wednesday.) I'll update with any news.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, I'll poll the audience during tomorrow's Roundtable to grab final missions for the list. Then I'll aggregate and send to Kael in case he hasn't picked up on this (soonest I can manage: Wednesday.) I'll update with any news.

Here are a few more (of mine) to add to the list:
    1. Ghosts of War, Part I (ST-HBPDJHGFE, 2746 plays as of this post)
    2. Ghosts of War, Part II (ST-HI6PMJ2Y8, 1577 plays)
    3. Ghosts of War, Part III (ST-HLAJXIZUN, 1272 plays)
    4. Ghosts of War, Part IV (ST-HFDLKG5XV, 1066 plays)
    5. Ghost's Gambit [Ico] (ST-HJ6XD8SJH, 424 plays)
    6. Defense Mechanisms [AEI] (ST-HKWPIA9PW, 282 plays)
This discussion has been closed.