test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Play as a Cardassian when Victory is Life Launches!

Comments

• yezar82yezar82 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    For Cardassia! And the Federation too I guess...

Looking forward to this now!
    For Cardassia!

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Cardassia is more or less a Federation member at this point.

Also do we get Cardassian boffs too?
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I fail to see the logic of Cardassians being Federation and Klingon, but not Romulan. The Romulan faction sure could use more species options. Now that I think about it, shouldn't the Romulan faction also have access to Vulcans? New Romulus is all about the reunification, right? I know, you can modify a Romulan or alien, but I still think Vulcans should be an option for them. Anyhow, playable Cardassians should be available to Romulan players.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Glad to see this finally coming, but that space trait worries me. Just from that little description, I'm worried that everyone will NEED to play a Cardassian in order to be competitive if that trait is too strong.

Roll on June! Unless there is an early access option in which case roll on early access!
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Sure hope they are part of the mini-faction. The way it is written sounds like it is just new purchasable zen species from the store. Which means no Cardassian ships, Boffs, and uniforms. And no new cosmetic features (npc hair/neck).

startrekonline_costume_design_by_chris_legaspi.jpg
    6yrCfuN.jpg​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Question: Will there be a Cardassian based Tutorial (like there is for Romulans); or when creating a Cardassian, do we just pick the Federation or Klingon faction at the character creation screen and then take the new Cardassian character through the existing Federation/Klingon tutorial storyline?
    Given that the Cardassians are not a seperate Faction, like the romulans, my guess is No. You are just making another KDF/Starfleet character, so you will be using their tutorials. It is just that now, you can make a Cardassian.
    given that the preview picture they showed is a Cardie in a STARFLEET uniform?
    winters83 wrote: »
    FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!
    I thought the coloring was basically Cardassian lipstick?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Sure hope they are part of the mini-faction. The way it is written sounds like it is just new purchasable zen species from the store. Which means no Cardassian ships, Boffs, and uniforms. And no new cosmetic features (npc hair/neck).​​

Debatable, as we've gotten species-specific uniform options for Starfleet species before (Bajoran uniforms spring to mind, along with the 23rd Century Vulcan, Andorian and Tellarite ambassador clothes). Not to mention, the Orions, Gorn and Nausicaans have their own unique uniform options KDF side.

@MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    splitboy wrote: »
    Add Cardis to the Romulan Republic not to FrED or KDF.

I would rather play a Cardassian that helps Romulans to get back on their feet and in the process ending up with Star Fleet, then having to bend over and join that oppressive Regime the Federation is.

This is an interesting point of view, the blog has no mention of the Romulan mini faction, but look at it this way, in the end a Rom created character "MUST" choose a side - And Cardassians are technically not an alien generated creation, they are now said species.

I fear they are going to be a CStore purchase :(

550 Zen for a playable Cardassian, similar to Joined Trill, Ferasan, Caitian, and Klingon - If this is the case, then no point in deleting my existing alien generated Cardy.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Only way I will delete my Alien created Cardy, is if the existing one comes with at least the Cardassian uniform options & a free Cardy inspired ship designed.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I play an alien made Cardassian.
    While I will say thanks, I will also say: Worthless to me since you have no race change token...
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Least I hope the new Cardi ship can be bought in the Z-store. Otherwise meh.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    I fail to see the logic of Cardassians being Federation and Klingon, but not Romulan...

Considering that Romulans themselves can only be Federation or Klingon faction aligned...

At least we get two options. I was a mite concerned after AoY came out and only a Federation character could be rolled with the precedent established of a new character forced into a faction.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Will we be getting the Cardassian uniforms? That is really my only concern. After that, I am cool with Playable Cardassians being allied with Fed/KDF. Admittedly, I would have rather had a Cardassian Union faction, but I can live without it, if I get their uniforms for my Cardassian.

My guess for those is, expect them in a lock box.
  • wou85wou85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey, Devs, can we FINALLY get a "change player character race" token? Please?
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @ishigami2 said:
    > I play an alien made Cardassian.
    > While I will say thanks, I will also say: Worthless to me since you have no race change token...

I knew holding off making a custom cardassian would be worth it eventually
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    So ... will Cardassian uniforms be available? Picture had him in a Starfleet uniform, and skimming it I didn't see anything about Cardassian uniforms
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    So Klingons get Cardassians which doesn't make a whole lot of sense but the RR is screwed over yet again?
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Finally I have a reason to create a new character, Thanks a lot!
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    I would like it if the Cardassian Race could be in the Rom Republic
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @schloopdoo said:
    > There are going to be SO many Captains named Kim and Khloe

It took me awhile to realize you we're refering to the Kardassians.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

First, well done Cryptic on finally delivering upon a long request STO feature. Blue spoons, Vulcan nerve-pinches, & all else aside, if inaccurate currently, will be remedied probably for canon soon.

I'm totally okay with the Cardassians following a similar path as the Romulan/Reman factions did. The mechanic for such is already established, it is probably easier for Cryptic to implement a new race that way too, it allows flexibility, & I'm sure that "vetting" Cardassians means having to go through some sort of introductory tutorial similar as LoR had us do.

For the BOFF concerns I'm sure Cryptic will offer us some sort of Cardassian "Tovan".

Pertaining the Spiral-Wave Disruptor weaponry that is a toughy, Cardassians deserve their own distinct type of weapons since in canon they have them, but you also don't want to devalue, even if it is just perception, those weapons that come with the current (2) Cardassian ships (Galor & Keldon).

If we are lucky, & Cryptic feels generous, like they have in the past there will be no need for a race respec token. Cryptic will offer (1) free character slot for all to decide how to enjoy for the VIL.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cryptic followed a similar suited path for VIL like Cryptic did for LoR so there might be basic templates of ships, weapons, uniforms etc., but then have much more options from a package or per item from the Store variety then of course add in some gambling additions too.

I really do hope Cryptic can use this expansion to turn STO around a bit for the better. VIL certainly is appearing impressive so far.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well I guess I should delete one of my two fakedassians, too bad one of them already has a Keldon and is my main engi.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    There are going to be SO many Captains named Kim and Khloe

for gods sake no
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Well I guess I should delete one of my two fakedassians, too bad one of them already has a Keldon and is my main engi.

Or wait for new character slots? Shouldn't an update like this come with one or two new ones? I believe they have in the past! Or get some Zen and buy a slot, that's what I'd do, unless there's some sort of maximum and you've reached it!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I just don't want fake cardassian toons anymore, but I could rename one and make it a different alien.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Question: Will there be a Cardassian based Tutorial (like there is for Romulans); or when creating a Cardassian, do we just pick the Federation or Klingon faction at the character creation screen and then take the new Cardassian character through the existing Federation/Klingon tutorial storyline?

I definitely would like something like the Romulan Tutorial. It could be used to help the player know where the character is coming from as well as help to decide which faction to work with.
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    Yeah, making it a different alien might be a better idea, if you don't want to lose a ship! Though, depends if you want to stick with Trek aliens, or make something completely new. There's always Denobulan, but that might not make sense for flying a Keldon...
    Does the Romulan Republic get Cardassians too?

The Cardassians are probably going to be like the Romulan Republic characters, where they had to decide on Federation or Klingon faction to work with. So they wouldn't likely be a part of the Republic.
    winters83 wrote: »
    FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!

Hey, a lot can change in four decades. ;)

PS. question for Cryptic: Cardassian Boffs? I figure this will be addressed later but might as well throw it out there. Also: would it violate Starfleet protocol if I replaced my away team with tailors? Simple tailors are highly underrated.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

What about simple tinkers too? :smile:
This discussion has been closed.