test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expansion - Victory is Life! Jem'Hadar, Level 65, Etc.

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The only problem is I already made a Fakedassian (alien) toon and gave it a Keldon, so if they added actual Cardassians it's going to suck for me that I wasted a Keldon on a non-Cardassian, if they had actually made the new faction about Cardassians then I wouldn't have found it much of an issue as a whole faction would make up for that.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @redvenge said:
    > duncanidaho11 wrote: »
    >
    > So how about that upcoming Jem'Hadar faction?
    >
    >
    >
    > Meh.
    > somtaawkhar wrote: »
    >
    > Take from the following Reddit thread
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/88e7zo/new_expansion_interview_with_captain_geeko/?st=jfelq8zy&sh=a0a8aa73
    >
    > * 'There will probably be other playable species available in this expansion, but they'll be playable for other factions, not this Jem'hadar faction'.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If they can find a way to put playable Cardassians/Vorta/Voth/Lukari/etc in a lockbox, they will.

Some might be lockboxed or lobi stored or veteran rewarded/lifetime subscriptioned, but I doubt Cardassians will be because I think most of the Cardassians ships coming out will be universal ships like the 31st century ships like my Chronos Temporal Dreadnaught Cruiser, and they will want Cardassian easily accessable to encourage you to buy Cardassian C-Store and Lockbox ships.

Now the T'Lani, Killeren, Hunters, Tosk, and their ships being behind a lockbox or Lobi store, that I can see. Vorta could be a life time subscription reward.

Wadi and Dosi I can see being KDF only, Karemma and Parada being Fed only and Suliban being Romulan only.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > no, it was data; his implanted memories took over and wiped out B-4's memories (or merged with them - the path to 2409 never actually made that clear) after geordie started tinkering with him several years before 2409​​

It's also established in Star Trek Countdown, the IDW tie-in to the first KT film which gives the backstory for Nero, Red Matter, Spock's Jellyfish (built by Geordi), Ambassador Picard, & Captain Data of the USS Enterprise. This is used directly by STO.

Sela also asks him to tell her about Tasha, whom B4 never met and he shows her the copy of message he got from Tasha's
    will that he kept in his desk on the Ent-D. He was also wearing a Starfleet uniform which B4 had no part of.

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    What rank is higher than Fleet Admiral? Commander & Chief aka President? not sure a Galactic Senator will do, oh my if they ever come with the term "Supreme Leader," LOL.

I am pretty sure everyone here now out ranks Admiral Quinn, :smiley:
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I am afraid solving the rank absurdity will have to wait until expansion 5 now.

or never, but that is all FCT stuff.

moving on: i looked over those reedit details. curious to know what these other races will be for the other factions, i also wonder what the J'H LTS race will be as well, traditionally a liberated borg fills that role and since the Vorta have been discounted along with dominion allies, it is unlikely to be a founder. Have the Borg ever ventured into the Gamma quadrant at any point?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    yeah new ship pack with something for everyone... wonder how many ships total and how many for each faction? Fed/KDF + Rom + JHD. Since JHD will need to choose who to work with... will they be able to use their faction's T6s? Guess there will be 3 types of JHD, Tac, Eng & Sci.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    @sophlogimo I'm rather curious about the different Jem'Hadar as well, and any other playable races that will be made available. I'm rather anxious about getting more character slots to make said races into new characters, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I think its going to be interesting with the story because Garak has a major axe to grind with the dominion over the 800 million cardassians who died at the end of the war. We know he has an axe to grind because he tried to wipe the founders out before, I cannot see someone like Garak not holding a grudge.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Well it interesting to hear that there is different Jem'Hadar.. but a disappointment for those that rather play Vorta or Cardie. Oh well.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    yeah new ship pack with something for everyone... wonder how many ships total and how many for each faction? Fed/KDF + Rom + JHD. Since JHD will need to choose who to work with... will they be able to use their faction's T6s? Guess there will be 3 types of JHD, Tac, Eng & Sci.

^^ This. I sure hope there's going to be Jem ships available to others than just the Jem toons.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

^^ This. I sure hope there's going to be Jem ships available to others than just the Jem toons.
    I'd say the odds of them creating a minority-faction-only shippack is somewhere around 0%.

Not that they have much Dominion ships to release anyway...there's like one canon Dom ship that isn't already in the game.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I've got a couple of open slots, won't be deleting any though. Hopefully this allows me to balance my Red side again. They said the Jems will select an alliance like the Romulans in the livestream.

Right now I have 16 characters, 7 Fed, 1 Fed-Rom, 1 TOS Fed. 4 KDF, 3 KDF-Rom. I have 2 open slots so my Jems can both go KDF. Though if KDF gets playable Cardies I may have to only have 1 Jem, probably have to pick up another Keldon in that case :).

I've got a couple of empty slots as well, but I'm capped out at that point unless they increase the limit, because I have no desire to delete any characters.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I'd say the odds of them creating a minority-faction-only shippack is somewhere around 0%.

Not that they have much Dominion ships to release anyway...there's like one canon Dom ship that isn't already in the game.

Cool. :)

Didn't we see a lot of shiny new Jem ships in the last FE, though? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > Well it interesting to hear that there is different Jem'Hadar.. but a disappointment for those that rather play Vorta or Cardie. Oh well.​​

They will likely have those races for other factions, especially Cardassians given we know that a Cardassian Flight Deck Cruiser is coming.

Here are the ships I think are coming. A Jem'hadar Battle Cruiser (will be flag ship), a different Jem Attack ship, a Jem Science Ship, Jem vet destroyer, a Jem'hadar Attack Fighter as a small craft, maybe a Jem none dread Carrier. That hits all key points. That is 6 ships.

For ships that aren't tied to factions I see a bunch of Cardassian ships primarily, this means they don't have to do much or possibly any one ship per faction packs. So instead of doing one version of a type of ship for RR, Fed, and KDF they just do a Cardassian ships that is universal, which also boosts the amount of ships Jem'hadar can access too, but also allows for new ships for preexisting factions. That could be 3 to 6 new Cardassian ships.

Hunter, Tosk, T'lani, or Kelleran end up the lock box ships. I can't think of any DS9 gamma race that had any ships of significance.

Long shot is a T6 Fekl'ri Carrier, but that might happen later on in the Expansion.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Next Rank: Mucho Grande Almirante. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    ROFL on those who said Cardassians wouldn't be coming on this expansion.

Thanks Cryptic and job well done in this much anticipated addition.

giphy.gif​​
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

giphy.gif​​

Cardasians will not be a part of the JHD Faction. No diff than playing a Ferengi in the Fed... you dont get any Ferengi ships by playing a Ferengi. You get the standard Fed/KDF ships as a Cardi. Just adding a new race to the option for KDF & Fed.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User

giphy.gif

Cardasians will not be a part of the JHD Faction. No diff than playing a Ferengi in the Fed... you dont get any Ferengi ships by playing a Ferengi. You get the standard Fed/KDF ships as a Cardi. Just adding a new race to the option for KDF & Fed.

but you will CARDASSIANS! thats all it matters....​​