test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Play as a Cardassian when Victory is Life Launches!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
One of the most requested races in Star Trek Online history - the Cardassians, will finally be playable with the launch of Victory is Life!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878824
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Glad to see Cardassians finally made playable. I will make one or two once they go live.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Will we be getting the Cardassian uniforms? That is really my only concern. After that, I am cool with Playable Cardassians being allied with Fed/KDF. Admittedly, I would have rather had a Cardassian Union faction, but I can live without it, if I get their uniforms for my Cardassian.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    You guys do know that the Vulcan Nerve Pinch is a physical attack, not a mental one right? Data and Picard can both use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch. It has nothing to do with Vulcan telepathy.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    There are going to be SO many Captains named Kim and Khloe
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Sorry to be so brutal about my thoughts, but: It's about bloody time! :smiley:

At last i can create the two Cardassians i want to bring in, Letak Elmor and Teron Lusat. I have back stories and first officers in place for both and an actual Cardassian race instead of an alien gen race. Perfect. Long time in the making.

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sanguanesanguane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Will they be allowed the Cardisain ship? Galor, ECT?
    sanguane wrote: »
    Will they be allowed the Cardisain ship? Galor, ECT?

It is probably the same as Klingon unlockable in the Federation and Ferasan in the Klingons. just another selectable race locked to the faction.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    YES!

YESSSS!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

HOW MANY YEARS, CRYPTIC!? HOW MANY YEARS HAVE WE ASKED FOR THIS!? HAVE I ASKED FOR THIS!?

FINALLY!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Question: Will there be a Cardassian based Tutorial (like there is for Romulans); or when creating a Cardassian, do we just pick the Federation or Klingon faction at the character creation screen and then take the new Cardassian character through the existing Federation/Klingon tutorial storyline?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    About DAMN! Tiiiiiime, I would rather have a Cardy mini-faction, but playing a Cardy is acceptable.

Please allow for the use of Cardassian uniforms and weapons, I want an authentic Cardassian compression rifle - Also even though I already made Alien Generated Cardassians, with lock box Galor & Keldon class vessels - I am willing to delete and remake them simply to make them authentic - I can even re-purchase the Galor and Keldon class.

Finally playable Cardassian - yoohoo! Nice

Now will you allow for up to at least 75 character slots? I already maxed out my toon slots on my account, hate to delete some of my characters to make room for the new races. Yes, some of us has maxed out their Character slots, which is 50 in total.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    Question: Will there be a Cardassian based Tutorial (like there is for Romulans); or when creating a Cardassian, do we just pick the Federation or Klingon faction at the character creation screen and then take the new Cardassian character through the existing Federation/Klingon tutorial storyline?

Given that the Cardassians are not a seperate Faction, like the romulans, my guess is No. You are just making another KDF/Starfleet character, so you will be using their tutorials. It is just that now, you can make a Cardassian.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Will we be getting the Cardassian uniforms? That is really my only concern. After that, I am cool with Playable Cardassians being allied with Fed/KDF. Admittedly, I would have rather had a Cardassian Union faction, but I can live without it, if I get their uniforms for my Cardassian.

Probably on the c-store
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    Please tell me we'll be getting Bridge Officers and Uniforms to go with them? Also a full suite of Spiral Wave Disruptor Ground & Space weapons?
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
    gaevsman wrote: »

Probably on the c-store

I can live with that.
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    Please tell me we'll be getting Bridge Officers and Uniforms to go with them? Also a full suite of Spiral Wave Disruptor Ground & Space weapons?

i doubt very much on the weapons but as to the former, i got an estabished character on my female bajoran, her first officer is an alien gen cardie at this point, it would be great to get an actual cardassian boff.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    THANK YOU!

giphy.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Add Cardis to the Romulan Republic not to FrED or KDF.

I would rather play a Cardassian that helps Romulans to get back on their feet and in the process ending up with Star Fleet, then having to bend over and join that oppressive Regime the Federation is.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    You guys do know that the Vulcan Nerve Pinch is a physical attack, not a mental one right? Data and Picard can both use the Vulcan Nerve Pinch. It has nothing to do with Vulcan telepathy.
    Indeed, how someone thought this involved psionics in any way puzzles me.
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    I can think of no good reason why these disruptors (reference) shouldn't have a full range of offerings... something also applicable to the plasma-disruptor hybrids...
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    This is happening way WAY too late. Many dreamed of this day. Some probably even stopped playing assuming this would never happen but it finally has. Good job, Cryptic. Today is my birthday, and you have given us the best possible compromise to what I have always wanted to do in this game. Thank you.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    splitboy wrote: »

I would rather play a Cardassian that helps Romulans to get back on their feet and in the process ending up with Star Fleet, then having to bend over and join that oppressive Regime the Federation is.

i think from a storyline point of view it would be almost impossible to consider as the early missions point specifically to an internal Romulan and Reman matter. it would mean adding extra dialogue for alien characters in some missions in the republic and doing more voice work.

i would imagine that is the reason, but it would be nice if the Romulans were thrown a bone and the Acamarians or Suliban ended up in the republic, but it isn't a stable or secure one, so you got some suliban who prefer to remain free and neutral and others who want to do something for their own people by working for the Republic to protect their people. that would make it more believable for the storyline purposes.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    winters83 wrote: »
    FYI, Cardassian males don't have a "blue" spoon!!! That is only Cardassian "FEMALES"!!!!

Hey, a lot can change in four decades. ;)

PS. question for Cryptic: Cardassian Boffs? I figure this will be addressed later but might as well throw it out there. Also: would it violate Starfleet protocol if I replaced my away team with tailors? Simple tailors are highly underrated.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've deleted some characters that never progressed much after I lost interest them, and will certainly opt to make a couple of Cardassians to accompany the new Jem'Hadar characters I'm already planning for when this all rolls over to consoles later this year.

While I expect these Cardassians to have either Elisa Flores and her cohorts or K'Gan and his starter crewmen, I do still hold out hope that the Jem'Hadar will have unique starter bridge officers given that they will be of their own faction?
  • igorche81igorche81 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Thank you Cryptic. Almost as good as Cardassian faction. Great news.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User

Thats what I was thinking. Though it could have been done to show off the ability to add makeup to them in general I suppose. If not its a weird oversight
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I wish they would introduce a species respec token with Victory is Life. I would like to turn by alien Cardassian into a proper Cardassian.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Does the Romulan Republic get Cardassians too?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »

:: inserts tongue in cheek ::

It may have more to do with the PVC Duct Hosing that goes up both sides of Cardie necks.
    daeeed12ee66d390c01e3f433febfda0.jpg

You try giving a Nerve Pinch to a race with necks made out of PVC Hosing.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    splitboy wrote: »

i think from a storyline point of view it would be almost impossible to consider as the early missions point specifically to an internal Romulan and Reman matter. it would mean adding extra dialogue for alien characters in some missions in the republic and doing more voice work.

i would imagine that is the reason, but it would be nice if the Romulans were thrown a bone and the Acamarians or Suliban ended up in the republic, but it isn't a stable or secure one, so you got some suliban who prefer to remain free and neutral and others who want to do something for their own people by working for the Republic to protect their people. that would make it more believable for the storyline purposes.

The Republic has the option to role Alien toons since Day one.

The emerging Romulan Story Arc also has species hooks at least some i am aware of in Dialogs usually you only notice those as Reman but there are some.

History and Fiction is full of foreigners that get sweeped up in internal struggles in the process ending up as great equalizer for the people they care fore.

There is no such thing as impossible just the notion we don't care.

Cryptic could if they wanted we don't know much about what the average Joe Cardassian did after the Dominion War.
    There is plenty of room to consider that some did hasten to help Romulans after the Hobus incident.
    Even one of the old Cardi arc mission did hint at that Cardis do hold Romulans in high regard while you played the mission as FED or KDF they virtualy insulted you or just wanted you to get of their lawn.

So yes imho if they want they can do.
    Post edited by splitboy on
This discussion has been closed.