test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After 4/3 patch Dyson Ground BZ has bugs

Comments

• ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    I came on STO after a month or so rest, and I did wonder why my Boffs were acting like they were lost tourists, I guess this explains it...
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Well, now it's not just NPC's and BOFF's teleporting on top of the tram, my toon just did so and once he was up there he was stuck up there. Tried /unstuck, transporting to my bridge then back, rolling, jumping, nothing worked. Had to switch zones to get off the rails which sucked as the zone had just switched to the boss round.

2 more things noticed, swarmers are spawning at a much higher rate and the allies that shuttle in when a spot is taken almost always stay by the shuttle, so when Voth are retaking the zone the allies/reinforcements just stand there and watch it happen.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I think things just may be degrading.
    Voth step on my landmines, which detonate as intended, but sometimes don't suffer any damage.
    Usually it's the mines that are placed on raised surfaces.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    narasil2 wrote: »
    Still bugged beyond belief. Needs a fix.

At this point I'd take them acknowledging that there is a problem, given their complete and utter silence on the matter.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    What worries me about this is that this seems like this is going to be like Defera invasion zone which has been broken for years. Dyson ground is in need of a serious fixing
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • narasil2narasil2 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Still broken, needs fixing. Personally I'd be ashamed at this lack of response and professionalism if I were working for the company and most especially if I were in charge of fixing issues...assuming anyone IS even in charge at this point.
    Still broken, Needs fixed.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    ...yeah, I don't think the cylinder is gonna fit through the hole like that...

356e3f04f3_104920575_o2.png
    How many Voth are up on that tram track? I think I can make out four.
  • drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Still buggy. Needs to be fixed.
    Another patch, another failure to address these issues.. Please do your jobs and fix them. Thank you.
    STILL NOT FIXED.
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I can confirm.... dyson ground battlezone is buggy.
    Please devs at least can you confirm that you are aware of the problems and
    that you are working on a patch?
    edited April 2018
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Guys, it takes time to fix bugs and it's not as simple as just flipping switches as much as all of us wish it were. They don't have the time to respond to every single post. Also simply because they don't respond to said post doesn't mean they haven't seen it. If you guys can get some screenshots of the issues and/or videos that will go a long way to helping narrow down a fix. With that said, keep the discussions civil and constructive otherwise I will have to break out the mod sword.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Guys, it takes time to fix bugs and it's not as simple as just flipping switches as much as all of us wish it were. They don't have the time to respond to every single post. Also simply because they don't respond to said post doesn't mean they haven't seen it. If you guys can get some screenshots of the issues and/or videos that will go a long way to helping narrow down a fix. With that said, keep the discussions civil and constructive otherwise I will have to break out the mod sword.

If they dont have the time to respond to serious game flaws, then it might help to hire some PR staff? That would be an example of an HONEST attempt to help. Any company that can't respond to customer complaints needs that ability. At least that's the standard I've always seen. If they don't respond, then how do we know they've seen it? It's not being uncivil when someone asks a question that they have every right as a paying customer to have answered and then asking again when someone is silent. I'm TRYING to be constructive here, I hope you can see that.

Moreover they don't have to respond to "every single post". Was it your intention to be uncivil with that remark, because if you re-read it, think about it, and factor in our fustration at the problem and lack of response I think you might understand how that's going to read as extraordinarily condescending. Please take no offense, I'm TRYING to give constructive criticism, if you can't see that then I'm sorry I can't help it.

As far as taking screenshots etc, that's really not our job. We're not beta testers or alpha testers, we are customers paying for a service that's broken. That again is another example of an honest attempt to explain standard customer care, it's not meant to be offensive or uncivil.

That being said the thread is replete with reports of problems;
    1. boffs not following (getting caught on the smallest of terrain obstacles, like a step up in elevation)
    2. boffs getting stuck on the singularity rails
    3. bosses spawning in strange places
    4. mobs spawning on top of sturctures making them untargetabl (though they can target and hit you, usually on the singularity rails).
    5. warping of bosses in fights
    6. some increased general lag

To name a few.

On edit: Also as someone who has done coding sometimes it IS extremely easy to fix a bug, even in complex code, but if you don't know about it then it doesn't get fixed. If we don't know that you know then how are we helping if we don't keep bringing it to your attention? I'm just a little confused as to what the end of that story looks like other than the game staying broken.
    Post edited by narasil2 on
    edited April 2018
    Tried to upload a screenshot of me and my boffs logging in on a singularity rail and unable to jump off but don't see the option to upload. I'll keep trying

https://imgur.com/a/lmjEnPM
    https://imgur.com/a/2YAV2Yx

Two links, best I could figure.

• gilgamesh2008gilgamesh2008 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I really hope this gets fixed in today's ( April 26 ) patch, it's not listed in patch notes though. this major glitch has been going on for over 3 weeks, no response, no messages, I mean, a simple "we are working on it" would suffice.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I am optimistically hoping that the Voth Battlezone will be fixed by the beginning of summer; June 21, 2018.

Meanwhile, sometimes I listen to the following two songs for comedic relief while playing the Voth BZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzftb_BgAao&list=PL2ikwXBQ3P3q69OAEba7lQAlzOAVxI4Rj&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
  • carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I don't know if this tip will help the devs, but the Voth Battlezone in Tribble server it's functional and works perfectly.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Just FYI for the devs, this apparently is only happening at the Voth BZ. My BOFFs act normally in missions and at Nimbus (although one or more will still get stuck on the elevator/hallway in Installation 18).
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    lhoygow wrote: »
    Just FYI for the devs, this apparently is only happening at the Voth BZ. My BOFFs act normally in missions and at Nimbus (although one or more will still get stuck on the elevator/hallway in Installation 18).

So, yesterday I did the "New Link" on my new Delta Recruit (fed humaan lvl 45). After the final big battle when you're told to speak to Neman, I look around and he and two of my away team are MIA. I go back up the path as close to them as I could get according to the maps, but they were either up in a tree or out of range so I couldn't get the prompt and had to do the whole planet part again. This time I went stop action all the way and they stayed near me for the most part, only had to go back a few times for stragglers....seems it may be spreading, maybe Wes' experiment is loose again.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @gilgamesh2008 said:
    > I really hope this gets fixed in today's ( April 26 ) patch, it's not listed in patch notes though. this major glitch has been going on for over 3 weeks, no response, no messages, I mean, a simple "we are working on it" would suffice.

They did acknowledge it and said are working on it on Reddit a week or two back, FYI.
    > @gilgamesh2008 said:
    > I really hope this gets fixed in today's ( April 26 ) patch, it's not listed in patch notes though. this major glitch has been going on for over 3 weeks, no response, no messages, I mean, a simple "we are working on it" would suffice.

They did acknowledge it and said are working on it on Reddit a week or two back, FYI.

Not everyone goes to reddit so it would be lovely if they could state it in the official forum. Or, idk, the patch notes perhaps?

Just a thought.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > @ilithyn said:
    > tmghost7729#8985 wrote: »
    >
    > > @gilgamesh2008 said:
    > > I really hope this gets fixed in today's ( April 26 ) patch, it's not listed in patch notes though. this major glitch has been going on for over 3 weeks, no response, no messages, I mean, a simple "we are working on it" would suffice.
    >
    > They did acknowledge it and said are working on it on Reddit a week or two back, FYI.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not everyone goes to reddit so it would be lovely if they could state it in the official forum. Or, idk, the patch notes perhaps?
    >
    > Just a thought.

I fear that some Devs do not frequent the Forums but rather do Reddit. There is not a unified front it seems and they work more as individual units in this regard. I'm with you, don't get me wrong, just conveying info that was not conveyed here.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8c8h26/comment/dxe2a3p
    Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on
  • gilgamesh2008gilgamesh2008 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I see someone said it is working ok in tribble, so hopefully this will translate to a fix on holodeck soon