test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last Two Faces

2»

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Didn't they add scotty's overly clipped dialogue, scots don't speak like that in any part of the country, quite a while afterwards.

And since d'tan was in the show as a child they did have a lot of leeway about picking a voice for the older one.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Honestly scotty's voice being done by the son of scotty doesnt mean the accent, isn't, overly, clipped.

All it does is carry on a long tradition of people without an ear for accents trying to do them and missing the mark. The only plus is he didnt go down the vomitting up a mouthful of marbles route that so many others favour, usually for dwarves even though they should actually be germanic to tie into where their mythos originated from.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    usually for dwarves even though they should actually be germanic to tie into where their mythos originated from.

I guess the scottish route for Dwarves sounds better?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    usually for dwarves even though they should actually be germanic to tie into where their mythos originated from.

I'd say that depends on whether we're talking about Dwarves that are supposed to be the ones from the original myths or merely taking inspiration from them.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @tyler002 said:
    > > azrael605 wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @tyler002 said:
    > > > azrael605 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Ro betrayed Starfleet, she's a wanted criminal.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > If that's the case, you might want to go and speak to whoever wrote her wiki page. It doesn't list her as a wanted criminal.
    > >
    > > It was the last episode she was in. I don't care about a wki page.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > What you care about is irrelevant, the lore is. STO lore states she is not a wanted criminal and hasn't been for almost 30 years. She's the Chief of Security on DS9 and a member of the Bajoran Militia.
    >
    > None of that happened on the show. Therefore it didn't happen.

Then I guess Data being captain of the E didn't happen, Picard being ambassador to Vulcan, or a bunch of the stuff in game happened either.

Can't have it both ways.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1