What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Wars (RP Thread)

Comments

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Original post has been updated.

(More Banners by @starfarertheta)

Mirror Wars 4 - Episode 1 is now published. ( Mirror Wars 4 [DSC] )

I await your merciless reviews and opinions

o/ Long live the Empire!

Game_Client_2018_03_02_13_50_56_00.png
    Game_Client_2018_03_22_13_15_20_38.png
    Game_Client_2018_03_23_14_48_31_83.png

Very well done.
    The damage field was spectacular. Can't imagine how long it took to create that.
    The story was great, can't wait to see what happens next
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Operation Reunification, (MU red)

Day one

Solat had given the order to deploy the Vulcan fleet. Leaving Vulcan in Admiral Petrofski's care, Solats fleet of 400 modernized and upgraded Suuroks and D'Kyrs set course for Hobus. The Imperial ships under her set course for Virinat before swinging to Carraya, the change in Romulan government had provoked an imperial response. Solat's orders from command were to secure Romulan territory and to bring the Romulan and Reman peoples into the empire, furthermore the Romulans and Remans were to keep their their culture and civilization and prisoner of war rules obeyed. Anyone caught firing on civilian targets would be executed by Solat herself. "We cannot let the Romulans go into darkness, we are spread the word of logic to them, let's bring the light to them and reunify our two races" said Solat to Cmdr T'Pamne In the CIC of the Surak. "Fire to disable?" asked T'Pamne. "A logical course of action, make sure all ships are ordered to shoot to disable" ordered Solat. "It would encourage their crews to surrender" replied T'Pamne. "All ships, Seleya" ordered Solat and Operation Reunification commenced.

Day two

The Imperial ships had arrived at Virinat on schedule and swung to their next objective of Carraya. On the Hobus front, the first major battle of the campaign took place in the Cero System, Solat's forces faced a force of 350 warbirds. In the ensuring battle, it went back and forth until after five hours of combat, the Romulans withdrew. The Vulcan and Imperial losses were 100 ships disabled and 100 Romulan ships, though Solat was in possession of the battlefield. Cero was indecisive but it showed that the Romulan rebels were going to fight hard. "How's the southern prong?" asked Solat looking at progress on both fronts. "Carraya secured, they're pulling the bulk of the Romulan fleet to them. Betazed has sent ships to reinforce our southern pincer" reported T'Pamne. "Excellent, order a pincer movement. We're going to secure their shipyards and fleet anchorages and isolate systems that can be bypassed. It's time we squeeze the Romulan fleet and keep the pressure on, push both Romulan fronts into each other and trap them" answered Solat. "Yes Regent" answered T'Pamne. "I have a call to make, make sure I'm not disturbed" ordered Solat. In her office, she called Vulcan via secure channel. "Admiral, how's Mr Aleskander been?" asked Solat. "Regent, difficult" answered Petrofski. "You have my permission to discipline him if the need arises" replied Solat. "He's Cossack, they're a very independent people who are very stubborn at best of times. I made the mistake of angering one, they hold onto grudges" answered Petrofski. "I will take that under advisement, thank you Admiral" replied Solat.

Day three

Progress was slower than expected, everywhere the Romulans put up resistance , it delayed the advance. Solat changed strategy, her first goal was to secure the Imperial/Romulan border and then push the Romulans back further into their space. Both pincers now moved north and south respectively linking up at Rator Prime and securing the shipyards there by day's end. Now the real campaign would begin, orders were that attacks had to be swift and hard hitting. After the lessons learnt at Cero, Solat had decided on avoiding head on engagements where possible. Admiral Barclay had also arrived with her fleet, Barclay brought energy into the campaign and soon both Imperial commanders were working planning the next offensives, what Barclay had in mind went against military maxim of march divided and fight united. The Imperials and Vulcans would split their forces into three groups, Solat commanded the right flank of the offensive as well as being overall commander. Barclay got the centre and Captain Jasmine Petrofski leading Battle Fleet Omega commanded the left flank. The plan was for three groups to carve their way through and split enemy forces apart from reinforcing each other, the Romulan fleet would be carved up and defeated in detail. Solat planned to force a unconditional surrender from the Romulans through destruction of their military and then replace the government with a reunificationist government, it was a regime change that would then accept reunification.

Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    • xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
      Original post has been updated.

(More Banners by @starfarertheta)

Mirror Wars 4 - Episode 1 is now published. ( Mirror Wars 4 [DSC] )

I await your merciless reviews and opinions

o/ Long live the Empire!

Game_Client_2018_03_02_13_50_56_00.png
      Game_Client_2018_03_22_13_15_20_38.png
      Game_Client_2018_03_23_14_48_31_83.png

I can't see the mission in the Foundry list.
      temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
      go to review content and type it there, you'll find it
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        Thanks Raven. I have an engineer toon from the MU, but her gear isn't optimized for combat yet. I also need to work on her traits as well as her doffs and boffs. I've used Sarah for the MW series ingame. My main character is an ex-Federation officer who defected to the Pride Landers in 2411. Her daughter will be her successor in the 31st century.

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
        edited April 2018
        Mine is a MU Terran tactical captain with a Vengeance. He takes the Mongol approach of surrender and pay tribute to the Empire, I'll spare you but resist and I will raze your world or ship from existence along with it's people or crew.

Pilot and Commando are my specs, my traits are around surviving combat and slugging it out with the enemy
        NMXb2ph.png
          edited April 2018
          My characters take a Sun Tzu (think Art of War) approach to warfare. My AoY (Steven DrakeRider) is a Medieval era magic knight serving under his dragon mother. One of Amy's boffs, Bryan, is an officer in the High Order of Dragons serving under his parents. He has a MU Agony Field Rifle and the 2pc Rom Imperial set.

Can Human and Terran be used interchangeably in the prime reality? They both mean the same thing.
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Genghis Khan take a similar approach as your main Terran character?

xungnguyen wrote: »
          My characters take a Sun Tzu (think Art of War) approach to warfare. My AoY (Steven DrakeRider) is a Medieval era magic knight serving under his dragon mother. One of Amy's boffs, Bryan, is an officer in the High Order of Dragons serving under his parents. He has a MU Agony Field Rifle and the 2pc Rom Imperial set.

Can Human and Terran be used interchangeably in the prime reality? They both mean the same thing.

It's a distinction between universes, makes it easier to tell the difference
          NMXb2ph.png
            Raven, my Latin's rusty atm from 3 years of not taking it. I'll incorporate a few Latin phrases into my stories as my skills improve.

edited April 2018
            Mine's not so great, I should know some basic Latin as I study the Roman Republic and later Empire's military from the Punic Wars of the 3rd century BC to the fall of the Western Empire in the late Fifth Century AD.

The character of Solat, well she takes a Roman approach to military operations. Her troops are disciplined with her orders being law, any crew who flees without permission or carries out atrocities are decimated (one in ten executed).
            NMXb2ph.png
              If the Terran Empire is a descendant of the Roman Empire, would Latin be one of the official languages?

Imperial Standard is English
              NMXb2ph.png
              • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
                edited April 2018
                I finally got some time away from my overloaded seven courses of university! Horray! I shouldn't be doing this but just don't care any more!!! Holy macrol I have a lot of pages to catch up on!- Any short summary would be appreciated!

[b]EARLIER[/b]
                ISS Enteri'is (Holodeck)
                "Well it's over for now. At least for the moment , it would seem the empire can take a collective breath." Shade paused her log to drink some of her butter scotch Rye. "Hopfully this is the end of Valdez's conspiracies and manipulations... Leata, the Romulans, time travers... Our own officials- nothing new there of course- feels good to sit down or in this case lounge on photonic beaches..... soak in some sun."

A holographic Olympian bodied surfer brought her a plate of nachos and salsa.
                " Your order miss."

"Thank you." She said. "I still think that I must have missed something, some small detail regarding Nathans treachery. It strikes a cord for some reason I don't understand, he eventually betrayed the empire yes, but he wouldn't have been able to get there if he hadn't gained the help of myself and others.... Did he play us all from the start, or did it just happen as he thought he could set things right in his eyes? He's dead now so I suppose it doesn't matter. It's not like me to reflect like this.... "

Emma heard a hiss for a moment but ignored it, assuming it was nothing more than a wave breaking on the sand... That changed abruptly moments later when the coughing started. She couldn't catch her breath, she couldn't breathe!

"Computer exit!" Another gasp, and the door did not appear. "Computer end... End program!" Again nothing.

As Emmas eyes closed she heard a voice- presumably whomever had TRIBBLE her ship- the holodeck controls were on the inside of the room for this particular situation and the emergency codes had been overridden!

She couldn't tell who was speaking, man or woman- her head was too clouded, to truly think about it. "Sorry Shade, but you're a little to dangerous to leave in play. I might be dead- maybe by your hand- by the time you get this, or perhaps you'll have joined me... Either way I commend your service to the Empire, that's earned you a painless death."

The Assassins world faded to black, her last thought being how ironic it was that she might have used a tactic like this herself.
                ---------
                Terra, Imperial Palace
                The Empress was silent for a moment upon reading the PADD before looking the messager in a sern manner. "The official report is to say that the best assassin we have was found dead... Unoffically; have her crew bring her to the Shadow's Mars refuge for treatment, that's an asset I may need still. The ISS Enteri'Is is in temporary command of Shadow operative Hades for now."
                -----
                [b]-Present-[/b]
                Mars, Classified location (MU)
                The rhythmic beep of a heart monitor roused Shade from oblivion... What had- where was she? Everything was heavy preventing her movement, her eye lids fluttered but did not open, despite her frustration. Her very existence was currently nothing more than a sea of fatigue and pain. The assassin focused on her body, various tubes were attached to her- she could feel one in her throat- breathing for her. Her lungs felt like they were burning- almost like glass shards were being moved across her insides every time oxygen was forced into her damaged chest cavity.

She tried to speak but couldn't manage more than feeble grunt. if anyone was in the room, they probably wouldn't have heard it. What had happened?

Emma didn't know how long she drifted in and out of sleep.. It could have been hours, or weeks- everything was a blur. Finally when she was able to get her bearings, after the agony and exhaustion stopped she opened her eye lids to see what looked to be a Shadow medical bay.

"Welcome back Shade. Now we can start your real recovery. The Empress wants you at your best, before getting back on your ship. I won't lie getting your strength back isn't going to be easy. You might be here another month and a half."

Emma narrowed her gaze at the doctor as she slowly stretched her jaw. "Who, and what put me here? What's the date, and how bad was it?"
                ------
                Levtro System (Prime Universe)
                Vangaurd Station
                High Protector A. Soreth, looked over the report for Beah III and nodded, the planet was technically under Union control, but a degree of independence was expected given the location in Romulan Republic space and that both her own and D'Tans citizens were building the joint colony.

She took a deep breath and looked up at the gathered commanders of her own forces and the Molindran navy. "We need options.... We sit back while the Empire destroys the Ask'Kaar, and now they're holding a Federation world hostage- without apparent provocation. how much territory are we going to let them grab in this universe? Is two galaxies not enough?! They've also conquered what ever our counterpart was in the Universe where they we're enslaved by the Empire."

"They've forced reunification..." Admiral Shivorn (Vulcan) of the USS Avalon said with a shake of her head.

"We're oath bound not to engage unless the Empire attack us or the Alliance- that's another potential reason why they decided to attack the Ask'kaar. Less of a likelihood of us or Alliance interference."

"An excellent point Captain." Entara- Queen of the Molindrans said. "You said more ships with markings similar to your timeline have been showing up more? If true, the Empire likely has a much better grasp on your capabilities now. When they learn that Vel'Riz is dead, you may possibly loose a critical factor in a confrontation: Fear."

"I should bring up that Star-Fortress Unity is still in the Synthis Nebula on the other side of the Mirror and the Terrans haven't attacked it. They've been giving it a wide berth."

"Given the amount of weapons on that base its not surprising, not to mention we're still housing Imperial refugees from the civil war there."

Doctor Niva'loo of the Molindran school of science, "The calculations on moving the station into this reality are nearly finished. I estimate three weeks and we'll be ready. What complicates matters is the Imperial citizens still being housed in the lower levels- some of which I might had have requested amnesty."

"Admiral Win'val learned forward raising his three left eyebrows, and clasping his hands together on the table. "We could easily screen them psionically, but the Federation and alliance should be consulted on this before we make any decisions or inform the Empire of the requests."

"If hostilities break out we can flank the imperial flank, not to mention this system can be hidden in subspace thus attacking us here would be quite difficult. Not to mention the new Celestial class dreadnoughts are almost finished... The Empire has yet to see the main weapon of one."

"According to BG Sycthe, the GSS Celestius was primarily used for its fighter and long range support. It's unlikely the Empire knows its full capabilities."

Altithia slammed her palm down on the table. "Send a request for a Federation diplomat. Commander; take a task force and do a patrol of the Badlands boarder... Make a show of escorting Deferi freighters on the way."

"Yes ma'ma. Are we expecting hostilities? Aristocracy, Terran, Breen?"

"Do not engage unless fire upon... We merely want them to know we're watching."
                -----
                Prime universe, Delta Quadrant 2409
                ISS Vendetta

Zalnous tapped his foot impatiently as he watched the timelines, and hummed to himself.
                "What's got you worried?" Rishis asked wrapping her arms around his shoulders.
                "I'll be honest- I don't know what I'm seeing and it frightens me.... I'm going to try and contact some people in my time, ensure they're aware of this. If not I might need to take action independently."
                Why do I still play and put money into STO?
                The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
                Okay. My eng toon's using a Star Cruiser (ISS Montserrat) equipped with Agony Phasers, 4pc Bajor set, and Quantum Phase torpedoes. I'm trying to stay within the Terran Empire theme for her build. What are some good sci consoles that boost survivability? I'm also looking for traits that also boost the same thing.

I'm focusing on tanking on Sarah.

xungnguyen wrote: »
                Okay. My eng toon's using a Star Cruiser (ISS Montserrat) equipped with Agony Phasers, 4pc Bajor set, and Quantum Phase torpedoes. I'm trying to stay within the Terran Empire theme for her build. What are some good sci consoles that boost survivability? I'm also looking for traits that also boost the same thing.

I'm focusing on tanking on Sarah.

Anything that increases shield strength and shield regen, invest in getting some armor consoles in engineering. Trust me there are times where I've fought minus shields
                NMXb2ph.png
                • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User

that we know of...but thanks to the universal translator, EVERYONE speaks english, except when required otherwise by plot​​
                  Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
                  An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
                  A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
                  A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
                  "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
                  Passion and Serenity are one.
                  I gain power by understanding both.
                  In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
                  I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
                  The Force is united within me.

that we know of...but thanks to the universal translator, EVERYONE speaks english, except when required otherwise by plot​​

Makes it easier, I could see the Terrans suppressing other races' languages and cultures.
                  NMXb2ph.png
                    edited April 2018
                    Operation Reunification (MU red)

Day four

The new offensives rolled into Romulan territory on three fronts, the Imperials had deployed the ancient Soviet concept of deep battle on three fronts. Fleet engagements were to be avoided and rules of engagement followed, in the northern arm of the offensive Solat cut the Romulan capital of Hobus off from the rest of the aristocracy while on the southern arm of the advance, Captain Petrofski swung north east and began to attack targets behind Romulan lines and the the centre, Barclay began her push to split the Romulan fleets and trap them between the advancing Imperials. Battle with the defenders were to be avoided and speed and momentum to be maintained.

Days five and six saw progress made though resistance to the attack was strong, it was not enough to stop the Imperials isolating and disabling Romulan fleets in their sectors of advance. On day seven, Solat received a message from the Romulan government. They asked for a ceasefire and peace talks, Solat brought the Imperial fleet to Hobus and soon issued her demands, "The Romulan Aristocracy is to unconditionally surrender and it's previous government restored, don't make me deploy troops to your home because I do not want to harm your people." The Romulans signed the surrender and soon, the Romulan military received the order to surrender. At 1300 hrs, the last Romulan military units surrendered and as per Solat's word were to be given protection as Prisoners of War, not one was harmed in any way. As an act of reconciliation, Solat offered the new Romulan leader D'Tan (red) a marriage pact between Vulcan and the Romulans. D'Tan accepted the proposal and the alliance between the Empire and the Romulans was signed. Solat and D'Tan made their political alliance official by marriage ceremony, from now on, Vulcan and Romulus were united under the banner of the Empire and the Romulans were given their military back though under Imperial supervision and their citizens were made Imperial citizens of the empire.

On Vulcan, Solat and her new husband made the Regent's palace their official home with another on Hobus when required. D'Tan was named regent of Romulus and the alliance made news across all three realities. The Terran/Romulan war was over after one week and the Empire duly annexed the Romulan aristocracy's territory. At the Regent's palace, Solat introduced her husband to her ward after thanking Admiral Petrofski for babysitting and keeping things running smoothly while she was away. "Pytor, meet D'Tan" said Solat to Pytor. "Vulcan?" asked Pytor. "I'm Romulan, I'll treat you like you're my own son. That fair?" answered D'Tan with a question. "Acceptable" answered Pytor.

Brea III (Prime)

One Imperial ship had broken off and was attacking Federation military transports in the Celes Sector, that ship was the I.S.S. Graf Spee under Captain Langsdorff. She was a Sovereign class who had been avoid engaging Federation starships, in a series of running battles with the U.S.S. Exeter, U.S.S. Ajax and U.S.S. Achilles, she had been damaged but she had crippled the Exeter during the fight. The Graf Spee limped into Brea III and requested permission to repair, they were denied permission and were escorted out of Romulan Star Union space afterwards. The Exeter, Ajax and Achilles had withdrawn to repair as the Graf Spee was sent on her way. In a statement sent to both sides, Brea III's government said "To both warring parties, any ships that violate neutral borders will be turned around and escorted on their way out of neutral space. Please respect our borders, any breaches of our neutrality will be logged and sent to your respective governments. As a neutral system, these rules must be applied, Belligerents may not invade neutral territory, and a neutral power's resisting any such attempt does not compromise its neutrality.

A neutral power must intern belligerent troops who reach its territory, but not escaped prisoners of war. Belligerent armies may not recruit neutral citizens, but they may go abroad to enlist. Belligerent armies' personnel and material may not be transported across neutral territory, but the wounded may be. A neutral power may supply communication facilities to belligerents, but not war material, although it need not prevent export of such material.

Belligerent naval vessels may use neutral ports for a maximum of 24 hours, though neutrals may impose different restrictions. Exceptions are to make repairs—only the minimum necessary to put back to space—or if an opposing belligerent's vessel is already in port, in which case it must have a 24-hour head start. A prize ship captured by a belligerent in the territorial space of a neutral power must be surrendered by the belligerent to the neutral, which must intern its crew."

On Brea III, Valdez in a usually diplomatic move brought the Star Union up to speed in a secure call to The Star Union government. He and the former Terrans showed the Romulans the news reports that extremist elements within the Federation had bombed Betazed (yellow) and provoked an Imperial response. What Valdez proposed was that refugees be allowed to seek sanctuary in Alliance space until the conflict was over.

NMXb2ph.png
                      edited April 2018
                      Vulcan (MU red)

In a speech to the Vulcan, Romulan and Reman peoples, Solat and D'Tan (red) notified their peoples of the integration of Vulcan and Romulan societies, "The brief war between the Empire and the Romulans is over, we are one people finally after 2,000 years of separation and disunity. In accordance with the the reunification of our peoples, I have made the pact official by taking Regent D'Tan's hand in marriage, both peoples will maintain their distinctive cultures but under I and D'Tan's leadership." "The rights of citizens will be protected, Regent Solat has not harmed our people, she's brought back the dream of reunification and as a part of the Terran Empire, we will enjoy the protection of the Empire and maintain a peaceful way of life. We will be the scientists and diplomats of the Empire, all our technology will be shared as well. Vulcans will learn about Romulan culture and Romulans will learn about Vulcan culture, we are united as a people and we will form a new culture that combines our ways of life as one" finished D'Tan. The speech was received by a salute from both Romulans and Vulcans and broadcast on INN. T'Pamne commented to Solat and D'Tan afterwards "Regents, this is an historic day for our peoples."

Solat was preoccupied, it was her pon farr. The next morning, Solat studied D'Tan's ideas as she gave her husband a kiss, her first act was to announce that Vulcan and Romulan children would study together in the same schools. Solat's education reforms were put before a combined Vulcan and Romulan council and approved. In Romulan space, the reforms were well received, it was the same on Vulcan. Surok's teachings of logic and emotion control was taught in Vulcan and Romulan schools, Romulan martial culture was also taught along with Empress Heath's education syllabus of peace and tolerance. Solat now had to concentrate on bringing up her ward, Pytor was still being difficult but that did not bother Solat and D'tan. Their approach was discipline, D'Tan would teach Pytor to govern his temper while Solat taught calming measure like meditation and mental control, Pytor's tutors noticed a change after a couple of weeks. He was no longer being difficult but behaving, Solat mindful of Admiral Petrofski's advice studied Terran cultural records about the Cossacks. She arranged for a horse to be transported to Vulcan from Terra, when it arrived, Pytor having been taught to ride a horse and take care of it from the age of three smiled and said "Thank you mother." "You're welcome Pytor, I won't suppress your culture but I'll respect your people's traditions. I may not be your biological mother but I see you as a son" answered Solat. "My mama hated me, she tried to abandon me on the steppe in the middle of winter hoping I would die. I was found by my papa" replied Pytor. "Pytor I won't do that, every child deserves a chance to flourish. I'll arrange for a counselor to speak with you, I would like to know why you have anger problems" answered Solat. "Do I have to study with the other children?" asked Pytor. "Yes you do, you have to learn about other cultures and it teaches you social skills. Let's get you fed and off to school" answered Solat. "Yes mother" replied Pytor.

Brea III (Prime)

At the bar, the war was all over the news. "This is messed up, whoever provoked the Empire is in for a world of pain" commented Dexter Smith. "Bad day for them" said Trianna (red). "Yup, I just hope they treat Federation prisoners of war fairly" answered Smith. "Being a former prisoner of war myself, those Federation crew who are captured have an uncertain future. Let's just say if Admiral Lot decides she wants to torture innocent people who had nothing to do with the Betazed bombing then she has me to answer to" replied Valdez. "That ***** forced me to watch my mom and the people I cared about die, at least I got even" commented Trianna (prime). "You punched her and knocked her out, by the way she wants payback for that" replied Trianna (yellow). "Me and my late sister broke her arms in several creative ways when she threatened us, you should have heard Captain Heath's and Fleet Admiral Sito's reaction. Let's just say that we messed up" answered Trianna (red). "Trianna, was your reaction worth it?" asked Valdez. "Nope" answered Trianna (red) frankly. "Good, violence is never an answer, it causes more problems" replied Valdez. "There's a time and place for it" answered Trianna (prime). "They do have a point" commented Smith as he finished his coffee. "Well I better get back home, Joanna will be home with the little ones soon and I've got paperwork to fill out" said Valdez. "Nathan, congratulations" said Smith. "Thanks, we've just started on getting the new nursery started" answered Valdez. "Mereu called, I'm wanted" said Smith as he paid his bill. "I better get back, girls I'll see you at home. Movie night?" said Valdez as he paid his bill. "Something funny dad" chorused the triplets.

NMXb2ph.png
                        edited April 2018
                        U.S.S. Murmansk (Prime)

"Situation report?" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. "We're receiving a call, it's from the president" reported Lt Sergei Kuznetsov. "Put him through, make this ship wide" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. "Captain, you are to engage the Terrans at Trill, break their blockade" ordered Ford (mirror). "No sir, I won't obey an order that puts civilians at risk" answered Captain Kuznetov. "This is an act of mutiny" replied Ford. "Your authority is not recognized, you are giving us illegal orders and according to regulations, any illegal order must not be followed" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Attack the Terrans or face court martial, that's an order" ordered Ford. "No sir" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "How about we discuss this in person?" asked Ford. "And vanish like others who have questioned your unusual behavior, no chance" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Trill is in danger, would you want the blood of innocents on your hands? Attack at Trill and break that blockade" ordered Ford. "My crew and I refuse to accept your orders, our orders come from Admiral Janeway. As I have made very clear, we will not follow an order that puts civilians at risk. While we've been talking, this has been recorded and my crew has just heard all this. Mr President, that is my answer" answered Captain Kuznetsov just before he hung up on Ford.

"Dad, what do we do?" asked Sergei. "Contact Alliance command on Vulcan, transmit the last call from President Ford as well" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Play this safe?" asked Lt Kuznetsova. "Marina, that's precisely what we will do" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Dad, the president made the mistake of angering an all Russian crew" replied Lt Kuznetsova. "Transmitting to Vulcan now" said Sergei. "Now we wait" answered Captain Kuznetsov. After 20 minutes, Alliance Command sent orders for the Murmansk to fall back and regroup with the Alliance Fleet at Vulcan. In a session of the Federation Council, it was decided that the president must be removed from office. Starfleet and Alliance forces would march on Earth and arrest the president. Admiral Janeway, General Martok and Admiral Jarok would lead the liberation as heads of a combined Starfleet, Klingon and Romulan fleet. For now the Alliance built up their forces. Meanwhile on the Trill front, it was stalemate, so far the Imperials had not landed troops on Trill and no civilians had been taken either. At the same time Klingon and Delta Alliance forces took control of the Badlands and Arawath systems and put a blockade up. Any Terran ship violating Federation borders would be fired on and work began on a way of sealing the rifts between realities. With the Alliance securing the crossings, the Terran fleet was isolated deep in enemy territory and the the Klingons deployed ships to Trill with orders not to fire unless fired on first.

Finding a weak point in the Terran blockade, the Klingon ships decloaked and took up position between the Terrans and Trill, Trill was under Alliance protection and the Klingons would be the shield protecting the planet. At Vulcan, the Murmansk joined up with the Alliance forces and soon the combined Alliance fleet was running tactical exercises ready for when the order to remove the president came down the line. The last time there was a coup attempt was in 2372 and that had left a legacy of mistrust between the government and Starfleet. On Brea III, Valdez had watched the escalation and worried, if one side fired even by accident, it would lead to a hot war. He offered his services as a neutral diplomat and proposed that both sides deescalate their forces and the Federation and Terran governments sat down in a neutral location and hammered out an agreement to end this Cold War.
                        NMXb2ph.png
                        • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
                          Sol
                          U.S.S. Enteri'is

Two Starfleet intellengce ships the Enteri'is and Phantanis approached Earth under cloak. Their crews on edge, fearing their ships stealth technologies would fail them. Emma hailed captain Claire Paterlarg.

"Well, its now or never if we're going to stop another battle above Earth..." Roy said over a closed channel, as the ships approached the Pluto.
                          "It's all or nothing, I know that Shade. This just doesn't feel right to me, sneaking to our own homeworld to capture the President? Never thought I'd say those words." Claire said.
                          "I can't say I have any idea what drove Ford insane, but he needs to be stopped before he drags us into a war... You're sure you've got the distraction ready?"

"Yes, we knock out the defences you get to Ford- or at least knock down the defences for our fleet if we can't find him. Which is probably most likely.... Entering radio silence."

Using a micro warp jump, the ships slowly approached Earth, entering the upper atmosphere above the North pole. The agents then got to work, beaming teams down to their locations on the planet, and Earth Space dock.

Emma looked around slowly seeing a barren campus- Starfleet academy was deserted... Getting into the network from the head office, she then did a scan for life signs.... Nothing?! What was going on? Even if Ford had placed Earth under martial law, the campus wouldn't be deserted!

Jason was having a tough time of it on Earth Space dock- but he'd quickly blended into the crowd of personnel. Getting to the stations power core, was his part of the plan- preventing the shields from being raised and disabling the targeting computers was going to save a lot of lives. He gave a slight smile as he saw Paterlarg, approaching Quinns office...

All they had to do now was do their job before the fleet arrived, and they all ran the risk of civilians paying the price for one mans madness.
                          Why do I still play and put money into STO?
                          The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
                          edited April 2018
                          Brea III (Prime)

Valdez had got an answer from the Empire, "Mr Valdez, your proposal for both side to deescalate their forces and sit down in a neutral location and discussing defusing this crisis will of interest to my government" said Papela (yellow). "All it takes is one hot headed error of judgement and we have a hot war on our hands, why the blockade of Trill?" asked Valdez. "Certain groups within the Federation bombed Betazed, you know the casualty figures. Thay wants information leading to the capture of those who ordered it" answered Papela. "I see, Regent, can you order Terran forces to withdraw from Federation space and back over the border?" asked Valdez. "That's down to Thay, she's angry as you can imagine" answered Papela. "Bajorans and their tempers" commented Valdez. "You see the problem?" asked Papela. "I do, invading Federation space and holding a world hostage is not the best way to go about it" answered Valdez. "Agreed, I'll offer a compromise. I'll order half of that fleet to withdraw back to Imperial space" replied Papela. "No one need die, there's been enough death and destruction as it is" answered Valdez.

"Mr Valdez, we understand each other" replied Papela. "Let's end this peacefully, I'm sending you some historical files about a crisis from Earth's 20th Century that nearly led to nuclear war. It may provide a lesson in deescalation of forces" answered Valdez sending Papela the files on the Cuban Missile Crisis. "Thank you Mr Valdez, my government will notify you when they are ready to talk peace with the Federation, Betazed out" answered Papela and the screen went blank. On Betazed (yellow), Papela ordered that half of the Terran force blockading Trill were to withdraw back to Imperial territory. The Imperial ships that withdrew were escorted out by Alliance ships and the border was reinforced after they returned to Imperial space. Valdez now made a call to the Federation Council, "Mr Valdez, your proposal holds merit. Why the Imperial blockade?" asked Lwaxana Troi. "They're after information, someone from the Federation bombed Betazed Yellow, one of the Empress' daughters was injured in the attack. All they want is information leading to the capture of those responsible" answered Valdez. "What proof that it was Federation involvement?" asked Troi. "A Federation combadge was found at the blast site, so far the Terrans have been behaving themselves and as you've noticed, half of their fleet has returned to Imperial space. I suggest that both sides sit down somewhere neutral and discuss this" answered Valdez. "Mr Valdez, the Federation Council agrees. I'll make sure that the information the Terrans are after is sent to them, once things settle down then we can talk peace" replied Lwaxana. "Agreed" answered Valdez. "We'll call you when both sides are ready to talk, Vulcan out" replied Lwaxana and the screen went blank.

Joanna entered the room and after noticing that Valdez was slightly stressed asked "that bad?" "Let's just say it this close to a hot war, both sides need to deescalate and talk instead of pointing weapons at each other" answered Valdez. "Never going to be that easy" advised Joanna. "I know but it's worth the effort" answered Valdez. "They'll talk peace when they are ready, until then best thing that can be done is wait and see what happens" replied Joanna. "I'm just hoping some hot head does not make a rash move" answered Valdez. "Nathan, you're worrying. Things will work out in their own time" advised Joanna. "Maybe I'm being idealistic, I'll take your advice under advisement" answered Valdez. "The girls are back with the little ones, we're on grandparent duty. I want to see a smile on that face" replied Joanna. "How's Zoey Maria?" asked Valdez. "She's healthy, another five months to go" answered Joanna. "Time to face the three terrors" replied Valdez.

NMXb2ph.png
                          • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
                            wow I picked a lousy time to publish that mission.

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
                            Typhoon Class please!
                            It's a good mission, I ran it in the Walker second time round with a canon set up from the TV series. and it was interesting. Love the amount of easter eggs and that debris field is superb. Main issues from a game play standpoint is Boffs getting stuck in corridors.
                            NMXb2ph.png
                              edited April 2018
                              I.S.S. Murmansk, Trill System (Prime)

Captain Leonid Kuznetsov (Red) looked over the situation, "Alliance forces have intervened but not fired, hold our fire" he ordered. "Permission to fire a warning shot to tell them to back off?" asked Lt. Cmdr Koniev (red). "Denied, we will not start a war. Admiral Heath has issued orders that Imperial officer who opens fire first will be executed" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Half of the fleet has returned home, we have to escalate now" countered Koniev. Captain Kuznetsov got up out of his chair and walked over to Koniev, it was followed by "your agonizer please." Koniev soon started to sweat and Captain Kuznetsov repeated the order. Koniev obeyed and Captain Kuznetsov applied the agonizer, Koniev's screams filled the bridge as the rest of the crew took notice. "Security, escort Mr Koniev to the booth" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. Koniev was made an example of in front of the whole ship's company, "let this be a warning to others, anyone who thinks about firing on the Alliance forces will be made an example of" said Captain Kuznetsov.

"Saw that one coming" commented Lt Sergei Kuznetsov (red). "This is amusing, Koniev has been belligerent of late" answered Lt Marina Kuznetsova (red). "Rule one, never anger our father" replied Sergei. "Father is not nice when angered, shame Koniev over there had to learn the lesson the hard way" answered Marina. "You two, act like officers. You may be my children but you will act as officers of the Empire" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. "Yes father" chorused Marina and Sergei. "Good, get back to the bridge" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. Back on the bridge, the crew noted Koniev's misfortune and found it very amusing. Koniev arrived back on the bridge and in a fit of rage, he lunged at Captain Kuznetsov with a knife only to be shot dead by the Captain's guard. "Flush that poor excuse of an officer out into space" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. "Sir" answered the security officer. "You hurt?" asked Marina. "I'm fine, get back to your station" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. "Yes father" answered Marina. "We hold here until ordered otherwise, everyone understood?" asked Captain Kuznetsov. "Sir" chorused the crew. "Another one bites the dust" joked Ensign Malinofsky (red), it raised a smile and a few laughs. "Ensign, act professionally please" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. "Sir" answered Malinofsky after he realized his mistake.

"First time out in the field?" asked Captain Kuznetsov to Malinofsky. "Yes sir" answered Malinofsky. "Where are you from?, your face looks familiar" asked Captain Kuznetsov. "Murmansk sir" answered Malinofsky. "I know Murmansk well, I lived there for 15 years" replied Captain Kuznetsov. "Brutal winters up there" commented Sergei. "I miss the winters, all that fun in the snow" added Marina. "A chilly -30, lovely" finished Sergei. "Sir, permission to ask a question?" asked Malinofsky. "Go ahead Ensign" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Is the whole crew Russian?" asked Malinofsky. "Yes Ensign, how good is your Russian?" countered Captain Kuznetsov. "Fluent sir, reading and writing" answered Malinofsky. "Excellent because on this ship, all orders are given in Russian. The language spoken on this ship is Russian as well" replied Captain Kuznetsov. "Sir" answered Malinofsky and he got back to his sensor diagnostic. "Good kid" commented Cmdr Chuikov. "He has hope number one" answered Captain Kuznetsov. "Sir, unknown cloaked ship on sensors. One life sign" reported Malinofsky. "Capture that ship and it's pilot" ordered Captain Kuznetsov. The unknown shuttle was brought out of cloak and beamed aboard, Imperial troops all leveled their rifles and stunned the pilot, it was Franklin Drake (prime). "Mr Drake, we're going to discuss a bombing on Betazed. You won't enjoy this" said Captain Kuznetsov. Drake was then hauled off for "questioning".

NMXb2ph.png
                                edited April 2018
                                Brea III (Prime)

Nathan Valdez was tense, despite keeping control, Trianna (prime) had noticed and there was no hiding that. "Dad, stress won't do you any good. We know that you are trying to do the right thing and get both sides talking, maybe both sides are not ready" advised Trianna (prime). "Yeah, I feel sorry for those Trills who could be caught in the crossfire if things go hot" answered Valdez. "Well, according to both the Federation and Imperial news networks, KDF ships have put themselves between the Terrans and Trill to act as a shield for the planet. The Alliance has taken action and also sent ships to block the rifts at the Badlands and Arawath. Forces have also been deployed to block the wormhole at Bajor" replied Trianna (prime). "Some good news at least, just hope to hell that no one is hot headed enough to open fire" answered Valdez. "That's something to consider" replied Trianna (prime). "Well nothing we can do about that, what time is it?" asked Valdez. "1300 hrs dad" answered Trianna (prime). "I promised Joanna, I would go with her for her neonatal check up" replied Valdez. "That's at 1400 hrs, mom told me to remind you" answered Trianna (prime). "Thanks, what's the plans for today?" asked Valdez.

"Teaching Teanna Jane how to read, the twin terrors are having nap time so a moment of peace and quiet at least" answered Trianna (prime). "Now you know how me and Teanna felt, god rest her soul" replied Valdez. "Dad, I was never that bad at that age" answered Trianna (prime). "You want to see the petition?" joked Valdez. "That's more like it, you need to get ready" answered Trianna (prime) laughing. "Hey dad" chorused both red and yellow Triannas. "Girls, how's your morning been?" asked Valdez. "Crazy, prime and red Isoisa thought it would be a good idea to have a shuttle race to see who the better pilot was" answered Trianna (yellow). "Very close race, hard to tell who won but both called it a draw" added Trianna (red). "Ablim is twitching at the moment. We went to the doctors and he fainted again" said Trianna (prime). "That's ominous" commented Valdez. "Dad, I've got a little one on the way" answered Trianna (prime). "Congratulations" replied Valdez and he gave his daughter a hug. "Dad, thank you" answered Trianna (prime) smiling. "Niece or nephew?" asked both red and yellow Triannas. "We have not found out yet" answered Trianna (prime). "Should we break it to the boys" asked Trianna (red). "Not yet, besides it's amusing watching our brothers put their foot in it" answered Trianna (prime). "Both of them turning 18 within a week of each other is crazy, Rick has been trying to chat up a mirror Betazoid" replied Trianna (yellow). "She called it cute" added Trianna (red). "Luke trying to chat up a Vulcan, that's funny" said Trianna (yellow). "Instant shoot down, classic" replied Trianna (red) laughing.

NMXb2ph.png
                                  edited April 2018
                                  I.S.S. Murmansk, Trill System (Prime)

Franklin Drake (Prime) was woken up by a agony field and dragged to a table which was secured to the floor, the chair he was put on was also secured and a agony current activated through the restraints preventing Drake from moving. "Mr Drake, kind of you to talk to us, let's discuss the attempted assassination of the Imperial Princesses and assassination of Regent Papela Lot" said Captain Kuznetsov (Red). "I don't know what you are talking about" answered Drake. "A Federation badge was found at the scene, I know Starfleet would not pull a stunt like this" replied Kuznetsov. "Your point?" asked Drake. "It's the type of stunt your Section 31 would pull, who ordered it?" countered Kuznetsov. "Someone you would not like to cross, everyone who has confronted him has vanished" answered Drake. "Who?" asked Kuznetsov. "Find out yourself" answered Drake. "Computer, activate current" ordered Kuznetsov and a agony current caused Drake to scream. "Who gave the order to bomb Betazed?" asked Kuznetsov. "No comment" answered Drake and another agony current ran through him and his screams were heard outside in the corridor.

"You can never break me" taunted Drake. Kuznetsov took that as a challenge and increased the current strength, "give me the name of who ordered the bombing" asked Kuznetsov. Drake did not answer as Kuznetsov decided to beat an answer out of him. "Tell me who ordered the bombing on Betazed" demanded Kuznetsov as he landed a punch on Drake's face. "Go to hell" answered Drake. "We all choose our hell, I hope yours is full of pain because if you don't give me an answer, I will hurt you and I will enjoy it. Your call" replied Kuznetsov as he punched Drake again and again. "Go to hell" answered Drake. "You want to play games, fine. Sgt, implant the mind probe" said Kuznetsov. The probe was implanted and Drake's screams drowned out the ambient noise in the room. "Sir, he's resisting" reported the MACO Sgt. "Break him" ordered Kuznetsov. "Sir" answered Sgt Budenny. Drake was heard screaming for hours as he was asked the same question over and over again followed by physical beatings and booth sessions, Kuznetsov smiled as he walked out of the room and went back to the bridge. The MACOs took it in turns to hurt Drake and a betting pool soon started to see how long it would take to break Drake.

Undisclosed Location

Krasnova was being interrogated by the Inquisition as she took pleasure in the pain she was being put through. "Let's discuss the military secrets you stole" said the Inquisitor. "You mean the secrets I passed onto this empire's doom" gloated Krasnova. "We know you sent census data, locations and military and technical secrets to somewhere in the Delta Quadrant" said the Inquisitor. "Say bye bye to the Empire" gloated Krasnova as she subjected to extreme agony, she was heard getting a thrill off it like she was enjoying it. "Who is the Empire's doom?" asked the Inquisitor. "Since I'm getting so much enjoyment out of this, I'll tell you. The Empire's doom is the Borg and they know how to adapt to our kamikaze ships, I also sent them the location of all populated worlds in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants along with their population number and what type of technology we have" answered Krasnova laughing at the Inquisitor. Krasnova had always been unhinged at best of times and she clearly enjoyed the pain.

"Doctor, make sure this one gets a blast of Gamma Radiation in near lethal doses. This one will die slowly and painfully" ordered the Inquisitor. "Inquisitor, we could make her compliant" offered the Betazoid doctor. "Put her into the chamber and irradiate her" ordered the Inquisitor. "Yes Inquisitor, what if she dies?" asked the doctor. "Revive her with nanoprobes and keep killing her again and again but make each life even more agonizing" ordered the Inquisitor. "Yes Inquisitor" answered the doctor. The Inquisitor then beamed up to his ship and set course for Betazed yellow to report to the Regent on the scale of the data leak. When Papela read the report, she put all Imperial units on alert. The Empire, Klingons and Romulans signed a treaty of alliance and the Alpha Quadrant Alliance was born. The Alliance prepared their forces for the inevitable Borg onslaught as the full scale of Krasnova selling out the entire Alpha and Beta quadrants was revealed to Alliance command. The Red Empire sent what forces they could spare to the Yellow Empire as Battle Fleet Omega's Borg War veterans were briefed on the latest intel.
                                  NMXb2ph.png
                                    Betazed (MU yellow)

In the Imperial palace observatory, Papela held a meeting. Because no one could get hold of the Empress, Papela was acting Regent of both empires. "Krasnova's betrayal has sold out every living thing in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, our anti Borg tactics rendered obsolete in space. We do have one advantage, our detection grid can pick up transwarp conduits so that gives us some early warning" said Papela. "For an assault on two quadrants, they will need thousands of ships and drones. We need to think about evacuating as many non-combatants as possible to the Red Empire" suggested Captain Jasmine Smith-Petrofski. "That will take time, time we may not have" answered Admiral Mario Petrofski. "Those people do not stand a chance, to the Borg, they are just resources that can be assimilated. Evacuate the colonies at least" replied Jasmine.

"It comes down to mathmatics, which worlds do we defend and which worlds do we abandon to their fate? Betazed for example has a population of 4 billion give or take compared to the 9 billion on Terra" answered Petrofski. "We're being forced to make an impossible choice, which worlds are worth saving and which are not. Either way, people will die or be assimilated" replied Papela. "Damned if you do and damned if you don't, no easy answer" answered Petrofski. "We show the Borg that we would rather die than be a drone, no surrender" ordered Papela. "We would feel comfortable if you and your family evacuated to the Red empire" said Petrofski. "We will not abandon the people, that said, prepare plans for the evacuation of the princesses and my daughters should the need arise" ordered Papela. "Ma'am" answered Petrofski. "We could delay their attack, our forces and allies in the Delta Quadrant need to be put on alert" suggested Jasmine. "Preemptive strike?" asked Papela. "Yes ma'am" answered Jasmine. "Put in a scorched Earth here on our side for colony worlds, it will take time for the Borg to assimilate a world and it's people. We may have to thinking about issuing General Order 24, any world under Borg assimilation must be purged to deny the collective drones and resources. We have access to weapons that can burn off an atmosphere and turn that world into a fireball that consumes everything in an instant, convincing people to evacuate may be the difficult part" suggested T'Pamne. "T'Pamne is a veteran of the Red Empire's war with the Borg, my troops are also all veterans of the Borg War"said Petrofski to Papela.

"This is the Regent, I'm putting out a general evacuation order for the frontier colonies. This order is mandatory to the young, the old and the sick. Anyone who wishes to stay behind and fight alongside the garrisons, know this. This is a suicide mission and your sacrifices will be remembered" ordered Papela to the fleet. Across the Empire, Alliance ships began evacuating the colonies and the garrisons increased and provided with hydro thermal warheads to scuttle the planets if the need arose and take the Borg with them if that world was to be sacrificed. The Collective would be denied drones and resources. In the Delta Quadrant, the Borg began to push transwarp conduits towards neutral space into the Alpha Quadrant outside of Alliance territory. In Alliance space, reports soon came in of worlds going dark as ship reported seeing cube and sphere shaped ships appearing and scanning worlds. The Borg's first target were not the Terran Empire but the Romulans, the first battle of the Borg/Alliance War took place at Crateris. Defending the planet was an AQA fleet of 100 Terran, Klingon and Romulan ships, they faced two Borg Cubes and when the the Kamikaze drones were deployed, they were tractor beamed out of warp and destroyed before they even made contact. To protect Crateris' 1 million strong population, the Alliance fleet commanders on the battlefield decided to make the supreme sacrifice as they evacuated their crews to the civilian transports, the captains and first officers stayed to guide the ships in and in a last act of heroism, they rammed the cubes and set off their warp cores and quantum singularity cores to detonate inside the Borg vessels as the civilians and crews jumped to warp.

Both cubes were destroyed but at the loss of 50 ships as the other 50 escorted the population of Crateris out of the system. The Battle of Crateris while a Pyrrhic victory was also a clear message to the Borg that death was better than assimilation. Crateris had been costly with heavy AQA losses and the loss of 25 thousand civilians taken and assimilated. AQA and Delta Alliance forces in the Delta quadrant were now put onto defensive operations as news of Crateris spread. On Betazed, Battle Fleet Omega veterans went to schools in order to educate people on the threat the Borg posed to all life. One of those classes was Kestrella Lot's and the Imperial officers were very clear on the danger the Borg posed "They're just mindless drones, you could out run them" said one student. "You would not get far, when the Borg boarded the I.S.S. Warrior they assimilated three quarters of the ship and crew in a matter of an hour. Our weapons were useless, when it was clear that there was no way to save the Warrior, she was destroyed along with three quarters of her crew because there was no way of saving them. Borg drones operate on a hive mind, each drone does a certain task. For example, medical drones repair or salvage damaged drones and the tactical drones are the breakthrough forces to subjugate the defenders and assimilate them" said T'Pamne. "Hive mind?" asked one student. "Look at it this way, it's telepathy on a galactic scale. Each drone has a neural transceiver implanted into their bodies, those transceivers relay the instruction from the collective" answered T'Pamne.

NMXb2ph.png
                                    • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
                                      wow I picked a lousy time to publish that mission.

Yes, you did :). After binging on MW1-3, I was really looking forward to this new one. Hopefully they get things up and running in short order.