test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NO April Joke .. Space Station fall down EASTER 2018

toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited March 2018 in Ten Forward
The falling Chinese space station Tiangong-1 is tumbling in orbit and may crash back to Earth early Easter Sunday (April 1),
experts say.Estimates for the crash of Tiangong-1 range sometime
between March 31 and April 1, with a focus of 10 a.m.EDT (1400 GMT) on April 1,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNmWgBz5wHQ

so have a happy easter holliday and maybee its a goood time to give a prayer to some old guy ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo8Q_0I83zA

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    "Alternative news&media" :#
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i would laugh if it landed in my back yard due a freak surge of wind knocking it off course.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    should be a good light show
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      i would laugh if it landed in my back yard due a freak surge of wind knocking it off course.
      I don't think you'd laugh. You'd probably be a little too busy dying in a huge fireball as eight tonnes of metal plowed into your backyard at several thousand kilometers per hour and wiped out your entire neighborhood.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
      starswordc wrote: »
      I don't think you'd laugh. You'd probably be a little too busy dying in a huge fireball as eight tonnes of metal plowed into your backyard at several thousand kilometers per hour and wiped out your entire neighborhood.

hahaha. if i knew that escape was impossible then i may as well laugh at the hopelessness of the situation and just let it happen :tongue:.
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

I don't think @mirrorchaos specified he was going to be at home at the time. If I were him I'd wait until it the fire died down and claim salvage rights.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
      artan42 wrote: »

I don't think @mirrorchaos specified he was going to be at home at the time. If I were him I'd wait until it the fire died down and claim salvage rights.​​
      Hope you can get the salvage rights, because most homeowner's insurance policies specifically do not cover damage from "falling aircraft or spacecraft parts"...

(Also damage from nuclear weapons, so better hope Donnie doesn't get that war he wants with either Iran or North Korea.)
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      Also eight tonnes don't reach the surface. It's still a pretty big chunk but most of it burns up durimg re-entrance
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      angrytarg wrote: »
      Also eight tonnes don't reach the surface. It's still a pretty big chunk but most of it burns up durimg re-entrance

Shut up! I'm getting eight tonnes of gold and copper and nobody can tell me otherwise.

pig-5.gif​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      edited April 2018

Under the RL course, yes, because it deorbited at a shallow angle: it did one full orbit of the earth and hit the ocean north of Tahiti. For it to hit Mirrorchaos's backyard would probably require a much steeper angle, i.e. less atmosphere to go through, i.e. less of the object ablates, i.e. more of it makes it to ground. #physics
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Under the RL course, yes, because it deorbited at a shallow angle: it did one full orbit of the earth and hit the ocean north of Tahiti. For it to hit Mirrorchaos's backyard would probably require a much steeper angle, i.e. less atmosphere to go through, i.e. less of the object ablates, i.e. more of it makes it to ground. #physics

would it be out of line to say that my first comment on this thread was an early april fools joke?
      it was my first attempt on STO forums that i know of, i'm not sure if it did more harm than good though, humor is a subjective thing more often than not.
      edited April 2018
      > @mirrorchaos said:
      > would it be out of line to say that my first comment on this thread was an early april fools joke?

Well, obviously it was a joke, I just felt like nerding out.
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png