test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Win a 3D Printed, Fully Painted Version of Your Favorite Ship!

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm surprised of all the ships people are posting that are available in some other/cheaper format (Eaglemoss/Diamond Select/etc.). I'd have thought most would post a STO original ship since there is no other way to get a physical copy.

I think the allure is the option for custom hull colors and a unique name/registry offered by the hand painting of these 3D prints. Sure you can get a really snazzy, excellently detailed die cast metal Intrepid from Eaglemoss, but its name and registry will always just be those of Voyager. Unless you're a skilled hobbyist, you'll never have an Intrepid with the Iconian shield effects and "U.S.S. Rectal Trauma" written on the saucer. Unless, of course, you either shell out or win this contest!
  • Options
    archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    DYWYi7GX4AIAMab.jpg:large

(https://sto.gamepedia.com/Daeinos_Warbird_Destroyer with reman shields is THE PRETTIEST SHIP I WILL FIGHT YOU ALL.)
  • Options
    malakim#7441 malakim Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    GuT9eb1.png

ChR Bloodwing

Why? Mnhei'sahe, that's why. B)
  • Options
    cptmassive1cptmassive1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    USS Savant[img][/img]screenshot_LCL2018-03-22-20-07-14_zpsq8v3js8m.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    We're giving away a 3D Printed version of their favorite ship to one lucky Captain - here's how it works. Comment here with an image of the ship you would want printed for a chance to win!

So just curious but when does the contest end? Is there an end date to enter? Is it end after so many enter? I probably missed it being stated.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    44jVs71.jpgI would love to have this on my shelf. At least I'm not the only one having trouble posting pictures directly on the forum.
    Just write [ img ] [ /img ] without the spaces around your link.

Neat choice for a ship. I first confused it with the Romulan Dyson Destroyers, which are among my favorite Cryptic Romulan designs. (We don't really need Tier 6 versions of the Fed or KDF ones, they're not that great looking, but the Romulans need one!) The Aelahl is nice, too. Unfortunately, I never enjoyed actually flying it.

It wasn't a great performing ship out of DR but I agree the Aelahl design is very nice & is so Romulan in appearance.
  • Options
    djblack71#6265 djblack71 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I would love to have this hanging from my ceiling in my man cave, it is called the RRW Banshee . To me the Romulan Dyson Reconnaissance Science Destroyer is the most beautiful ship in the game. I get complements on mine all the time and I use it as my main ship for my Romulan Admiral.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2143487009002098&set=p.2143487009002098&type=3

not working
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    archbeth wrote: »

(https://sto.gamepedia.com/Daeinos_Warbird_Destroyer with reman shields is THE PRETTIEST SHIP I WILL FIGHT YOU ALL.)

Sweet jesus I hope thats a cellphone photo of a monitor, or you are going to have to tell us how you got STO to play in 8-Bit graphics!

*rubs eyes* I think my retina are detaching after seeing that.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    archbeth wrote: »

Sweet jesus I hope thats a cellphone photo of a monitor, or you are going to have to tell us how you got STO to play in 8-Bit graphics!

*rubs eyes* I think my retina are detaching after seeing that.

it is; you can tell by how the full impulse button is tilted in the bottom left corner​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I would love to have this hanging from my ceiling in my man cave, it is called the RRW Banshee . To me the Romulan Dyson Reconnaissance Science Destroyer is the most beautiful ship in the game. I get complements on mine all the time and I use it as my main ship for my Romulan Admiral.

28827167_2143487009002098_4860027016875677096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c1668b33ca59c655e443640c28e76f13&oe=5B458846

not working
    I am not sure about pictures from facebook, but you can try right-clicking on the image and selecting something like "copy image link" or something like that, depending on your browser. And then put the [ img ] [ /img ] tags around it. Not sure the link will stay valid or stay available, though.

(I quoted your post and edited it with the changes.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    Well, why not. Though, the requirements are pretty vague: should the pic show the ship clearly, without much effects affecting the hull colors and in the most vanilla way possible? Should it be a beauty shot? An action one?

Anyway, here's the Oriale-F:
    20171104221950_1.jpg?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    thanks

30x92yo.jpg
    [center][img] http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/sto/uploads/sto_122209_cruiser_bg.jpg [/img][/center]
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Why mess with perfection? USS Bajor NCC-97238.
    12301490_128470377521637_5745394369151444552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHEFkED5gRAqEfvJNlnDsq-8Qnca2yfQ6G3o_KuQrtnstRP61jn8Y0td_ddh-BdLWtdesDupLH6qsF7paopQgDXBOQlmno9qdyaqQ7WwhrMkQ&oh=441d0ae13f4252c805a8a267b7087a2d&oe=5B4038DE
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
  • Options
    redglaveredglave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The mighty Guramba! I.K.S. Emperor's Peace
    [img][/img]YHQWqlw.jpg?1
  • Options
    yavinsknightyavinsknight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    https://i.imgur.com/44jVs71.jpg
    I would love to have this on my shelf.
    At least I'm not the only one having trouble posting pictures directly on the forum.

Click this button:

hUkBiz3.jpg

And paste the direct URL for the image there, then press enter.

Oh, and if your on a phone or tablet you'll probably have to request the desktop version of the site.

I tried that, but for whatever reason it wasn't working. Tried it again and now seems to be working. Maybe the page wasn't loaded properly or just a temporary disagreement between the page and my browser.
    Thank you for the help.
    44jVs71.jpgI would love to have this on my shelf. At least I'm not the only one having trouble posting pictures directly on the forum.
    Just write [ img ] [ /img ] without the spaces around your link.

Neat choice for a ship. I first confused it with the Romulan Dyson Destroyers, which are among my favorite Cryptic Romulan designs. (We don't really need Tier 6 versions of the Fed or KDF ones, they're not that great looking, but the Romulans need one!) The Aelahl is nice, too. Unfortunately, I never enjoyed actually flying it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    At least I'm not the only one having trouble posting pictures directly on the forum.

Click this button:

hUkBiz3.jpg

Oh, and if your on a phone or tablet you'll probably have to request the desktop version of the site.

Pressing ENTER does not work. Nothing happens. The cursor just keeps blinking.

Well it's working now...
    Post edited by trygvar13 on
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    T'laru warbird. By far my favourite ship. But not far behind is the Sarcophagus ship.

[img][/img]zh1qyJS.jpg
    [img][/img]P6ztkwy.jpg
    [img][/img]H0jZBQG.jpg

Post edited by trygvar13 on
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »

Click this button:

hUkBiz3.jpg

Pressing ENTER does not work. Nothing happens. The cursor just keeps blinking.

Well it's working now...

Make sure the URL ends in .jpg .png etc, needs to be a direct link to the picture.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    screenshot_lcl2018_03_20_00_17_38_by_thunderblitz1-dc6wq5d.jpg
    The ever beautiful, stylish Akira class and its variants. In this case, an Alita with an Akira hull.
  • Options
    gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    My favourite ship in the game is the Galor but since I don't own that ship id have to go for my beautiful Andorian ship. She's helped me through many missions over the years and with its Tier 6 upgrade, many more! Heres to the U.S.S. SHARP-TOOTH

RYzJQoH.jpg

Post edited by gingi101 on
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    So the Facebook post lists an end date of 3/23, is this forum contest part of that as well? If so, have winners been determined yet?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    candariecandarie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    aKrwxQi.jpg

Why yes, Ryae VII is a Vorta refugee. She now works with Starfleet in the recovery and operations of salvaged Dominion vessels. The sleek teal (Gemini) lines show the elite vessels in this fleet. Looking forward to more additions to my fine crew in Victory is Life!
    Post edited by candarie on
  • Options
    davidfenrisdavidfenris Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    So the Facebook post lists an end date of 3/23, is this forum contest part of that as well? If so, have winners been determined yet?
    Either they forgot about it, or their budget team told them that those models are too expensive :p
    Post edited by davidfenris on
    OmAl3agm.png
  • Options
    dragnockdragnock Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    U.S.S. Oblivion
    Fleet Battlecruiiser [T6]
    [NCC-93531]

Hull: Arbiter
    Saucer: Avenger
    Mission Pod: Arbiter
    Pylons: Avenger
    Nacelles: Avenger
    Material:Type 6
    Shield Skin: Counter-Command Covariant Shield
    Defelctor: Assimilated Deflector Array

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af196/Dragnock/screenshot_LCL2018-03-27-10-13-38_zpsfrgwmjzr.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af196/Dragnock/screenshot_LCL2018-03-27-10-06-35_zpsr8qzbsfy.jpg

screenshot_LCL2018-03-27-09-50-29_zpsdfr4cbpl.jpg
    Post edited by dragnock on
  • Options
    georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Well Putting Mine as well... Presidio USS Bakunawa.

Star_Trek_Presidio.png
    Star_Trek_Presidio_2.png
    Star_Trek_Presidio_3.png
    Star_Trek_Presidio_4.png

• Options
    sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    B4bEM17.jpg
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @smokebailey said:
    > U.S.S Hoagland NCC - 1991
    > Temporal Light Cruiser, please o:)

Is that based off Richard Hoagland??? If so too cute lol
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    > @smokebailey said:
    > U.S.S Hoagland NCC - 1991
    > Temporal Light Cruiser, please o:)

Is that based off Richard Hoagland??? If so too cute lol

One of my heros, Perky! o:)

Though some posters in the recent past trying to smack my chops because of that. :|
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    We're giving away a 3D Printed version of their favorite ship to one lucky Captain - here's how it works. Comment here with an image of the ship you would want printed for a chance to win!

Hmm... Just thought of a question for AmbassadoreKael...

Will you announce the winner here or create a new thead to announce the winner?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.