test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DS9 ship selector hologram

jjotterbear#7583 jjotterbear Member Posts: 160 Arc User
at the DS9 ship selector, there is a hologram of an unknown class of ship. its got traits from Typhoon, Guardian, Sovereign classes. and even some resemblance to the Probert Ambassador. but is not any of those classes. anyone know what class its meant to be or?

It looks like it could possible be a kitbash of ships that can't actually be kitbashed in game.

https://i.imgur.com/kifNg4c.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lGjdkhC.jpg

All I know is, is that it's sleek, and I would probably and fly the TRIBBLE out of it.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    Nope.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I don't think they have updated that hologram thing since day one. it's probably the T5 cruiser with parts from all three
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I think it's just a Typhoon. At least I always thought it was just a Typhoon.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Doesn't look like it has enough nacelles to be a Typhoon.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I think it's just a low poly model representing one of the early concept ships which were never made into the game.

0ec0309ad8fa15c019cf7fff0838c99c.jpg

I would also like to fly it TBH.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Hey, looks like they finally added the unknown ship into the game, just changed it up abit and made it the Scryer INTEL Science Vessel. :P
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    LOL! That's a hilarious ship design. It looked like a Dev Created Kitbash, that became a meme or something. XP
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Anyone else rember the Thundercougarfalconbird?
    nPbDBQP.jpg

They should 3D print that thing in all it's monstrous glory. :D

33044197351_f9c2e92aea_o.jpg

33130273346_55a4d87a16_o.jpg

33130273386_a7d5a5de11_o.jpg
  • thanatos9tthanatos9t Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It is probably a left over asset originally created during the Perpetual Entertainment days, (the company that originally had the STO license until they went bankrupt), when Cryptic Studios took over they inherited the art assets.
    lighte007 wrote: »
    Hey, looks like they finally added the unknown ship into the game, just changed it up abit and made it the Scryer INTEL Science Vessel. :P

The Sacagawea class from that concept art also looks like the Aquarius class.

"I walked away from the last great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time, no space. Just me!"
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Anyone else rember the Thundercougarfalconbird?
    nPbDBQP.jpg

They should 3D print that thing in all it's monstrous glory. :D

33044197351_f9c2e92aea_o.jpg

33130273346_55a4d87a16_o.jpg

33130273386_a7d5a5de11_o.jpg
    I don't think that's monstrous at all. Match the textures and it would actually be a pretty cool ship. Maybe dark grey, turrets on the wings, etc...

For the kind of series where they do huge blocky ships with complicated protruding bits and turrets on the wings, of course. So probably not Star Trek.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    That is not a single model at all, it's just many of the ship models clipped together.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I would totally fly that. Make it a Q ship (i.e. sneakily heavy armed freighter) when they launch the privateer/pirate faction
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    stoyoz wrote: »
    I think it's just a low poly model representing one of the early concept ships which were never made into the game.

0ec0309ad8fa15c019cf7fff0838c99c.jpg

I would also like to fly it TBH.

The Sacagawea and the Ramjet made it into the game as the Aquarius.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg