test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Victory is Life, our Fourth Expansion, Coming June 2018!

Comments

• captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Quark? HELL YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    wow talk about disappointing... you start at L60 and the cap is now L65... 5 levels and it's over. You also start with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress. <- note key word, COMPLETED. so yeah less grind but is this expansion gonna be free cause there does NOT seem to be a whole lot of value here... cause only 6 new missions to play...

Why wouldn't it be? All previous expansions have been. The only thing that is paid is the ships. So like Legacy of Romulus & AOY there will be ship packs I'd imagine. AOY was about 6 episodes as well I believe. I don't think people would enjoy playing from 1-60. They wouldn't be enough tier ships. And what is the point? You end up never using the lower tier after reaching 60 anyways.

if you look at previous expansions... you start as LEVEL 1. You do the intro and you go on your merry way and then the storylines all merge into 1 by the time the Breen Arc is going on. By the Breen Arc.. all missions for all factions are the same.

Based on storyline... they come in now in this story. You cant shoehorn them into the past. With AOY with the magic of time travel your throw into right at the start. With Delta, the event takes place during the tutorial of a new toon. I am sure, once you choose your faction you can replay all the old missions... but it makes zero sense.

Rom Expansion had storyline and it fit into the 2 faction system.

This xpan you have a new "faction" at L60... play for 6 new missions and after 5 levels and it is over.

AOY you play at L1, 3-4 new unique missions before your placed into the start of the game with a total of 60 levels... now 65.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Ten actors? Wow.

This will almost certainly mean that Sisko too will be part of the expansion, right? And if not him, then the Cardassian actors have to be part of it cause there's no way you could reach the number ten without them.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    While I never cared much for the Cardassians as a species, the main characters (Dukat, Garak especially) are some of the best written characters in Trek. The people who portrayed them are very gifted actors too.

These people might well claim Tuvok's and Worf's position as the number 1 and 2 best voice over acts in STO ;)

Speaking of Worf, I wonder if we will see him again too. He did appear in that one STO-episode with the Son'a.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    In addition to these new cast members and features, Victory is Life will raise the Star Trek Online level cap to 65, introduce a new queue, new progression systems, and will add a Sector Battlezone, a new gameplay feature that takes players into a war between the stars to save the Gamma Quadrant. We’ll have more information on all of these features very soon, and we can’t wait for you to experience them.

Neither can I. This sounds very interesting all. A sector battlezone, if it is what I'm thinking it is, is something I can't wait to play. It will be fun if we need large amounts of players going everywhere to defend planets and colonies. Something the Iconian War should have been, but unfortunately wasn't.

I wonder what these new progression systems are. Something similar but still different from reputation systems? I'm also curious if there will be new captain abilities for those 5 new levels.

• randwulf0969randwulf0969 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    A new faction is great and all, and I'm happy for those who are into it, but to be perfectly honest I really only care about my main Federation character. I don't mind some real $$$ on him. I'll probably make and play a new faction character, but will not be spending money on it. I guess that's not really a bad thing, though. :-)

I would love a Changling captain, or Changling boff for my main. Don't know if that will ever happen, but it would be awesome.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    For the first time ever, players will be able to experience Star Trek Online through the eyes of the Jem’Hadar, genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/21/star-trek-online-victory-is-life-expansion-to-feature-voices-of-10-deep-space-nine-actors/

Well, that's settled then.

So it's definitely a Dominion faction?

Well if it is Dominion only I'll be disappointed. I already bought a shirt. t-shirts-dukat-2020-cotton-t-shirt-4_1024x1024.png?v=1507678931

I freaking love it
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Ten actors? Wow.

This will almost certainly mean that Sisko too will be part of the expansion, right? And if not him, then the Cardassian actors have to be part of it cause there's no way you could reach the number ten without them.
    Na
    -Odo
    -Dax
    -Worf
    -Bashir
    -O'Brien
    -Quark
    -Kira
    -Garak
    -Rom
    -Nog
    -Weyoun(new clone from the Gamma Qadrant or something)
    -Female Changeling
    -Martok
    -Leeta
    -Kurn
    -Dukat(I mean, he didn't actually die, he was just tossed in the fire caves and presumed dead. He could have been absorbed by the Pah-Wraiths or w/e)

DS9 has a huge cast to draw from, larger then any other Trek show, and could easily lack involvement from any of the Siskos.

While it was strongly implied that Dukat was not dead. It was also stated that Dukat, along with the Pah-Wraiths, were locked behind "a door that can never be opened". I do not think we are getting Dukat back. Likewise, the announcement makes it sound like "new" voice actors (meaning not in the game already) for the 10. So I would say Michael Dorn/Worf in not included in the 10. Would put Leeta, Nog and Kurn (that is Worfs brother, right?) as not in the 10 also. As again we already have them and so, Like Martok, if they were part of it, they would have already announced it as such.
  • cassilda#7197 cassilda Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Might not be T7, but this new Cardassian ship looks nice.

FQtxT6o.jpg​​

It's Cardassians for real? Or another ship from lockboxes?
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Tier 7 ships are not a planned feature for Victory is Life.

Thanks for the clarification.​​

Note that it was a carefully worded statement though; it doesn't dismiss the possibilty outright.

Which is disappointing, really...

Level cap raise - not a fan. Captain rank, or equivalent, should be the highest, Admiral could just about be reconciled with suspension of disbelief, but Fleet Admiral and beyond is simply too far.

New queue - doesn't matter to me.

New progression systems - this concerns me far more than it excites me.

Sector battlezone - this sounds interesting.

DS9 voiceover talent - I did smile reading this bit. The only issue is someone has got their lore really wrong of late; Kahless never had anything to do with the Hur'Q. He fought the Fek'lhri. The Hur'Q came much later on, well after the empire was established.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    talebvalu wrote: »
    Ok nice, but i hope there will be no T7 ships ...

Level cap confirmed - increase to 65.

T7 ships NOT confirmed and I hope to dear god that this doesn't happen!

I was thinking the same thing. I only just got all my favorite T6s the way I want them. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    New progression systems - this concerns me far more than it excites me.

Yeah, sounds like more boring grinds incoming.
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    DS9 voiceover talent - I did smile reading this bit.

I do like this, but imo they are spending too much money on voice acting and not enough on developing actual content.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    galatt wrote: »
    So looking forward to this.
    Dare we hope that one of those dark figures in the picture is our one true saviour, Garak?

If the Devs want to use Andrew Robinson they'd better get a move on. He's 76.
    Ten actors? Wow.

Na
    -Odo
    -Dax
    -Worf
    -Bashir
    -O'Brien
    -Quark
    -Kira
    -Garak
    -Rom
    -Nog
    -Weyoun(new clone from the Gamma Qadrant or something)
    -Female Changeling
    -Martok
    -Leeta
    -Kurn
    -Dukat(I mean, he didn't actually die, he was just tossed in the fire caves and presumed dead. He could have been absorbed by the Pah-Wraiths or w/e)

DS9 has a huge cast to draw from, larger then any other Trek show, and could easily lack involvement from any of the Siskos.

True, but many of them are already in the game: Worf, Nog, Leeta, Kurn, Martok. And I said that, if Sisko is not part of the expansion, then they'd have to include the Cardassians. Which is still true if they don't count the people that are already in the game and if the Sisko's are excluded.

Personally I think that Weyoun is the person on this list least likely to make an appearance. STO seems to have chosen Loriss as the main Vorta.

szim wrote: »
    For the first time ever, players will be able to experience Star Trek Online through the eyes of the Jem’Hadar, genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/21/star-trek-online-victory-is-life-expansion-to-feature-voices-of-10-deep-space-nine-actors/

Well, that's settled then.

So it's definitely a Dominion faction?

Well if it is Dominion only I'll be disappointed. I already bought a shirt. t-shirts-dukat-2020-cotton-t-shirt-4_1024x1024.png?v=1507678931

It's the little things that people forget.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bIJ8YTHaqU
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    It was only a matter of time before we could enter the Gamma Qaudrant, ever since DR it was the elephant in the room. It's more than likely going to introduce another rep currency in time for the summer event- so the Risian bird eggs I hatch won't be turned in until the new rep marks are an option! :D

If this means more character slots my new toon will probably be KDF-aligned, at the moment I'm 6:4 in favour of the Feds.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User

Amen. If they want T7 ships ... I'm out. Too much money spent on T6 ones.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    genhauk wrote: »

Amen. If they want T7 ships ... I'm out. Too much money spent on T6 ones.

There's really no need, they can just release new variants of existing T6s with new spec seating.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    I wonder what level 65 will be called. What's higher than fleet admiral? President of the federation? I can imagine a few thousand fleet admirals but I doubt there'd be a few thousand presidents.

There is no higher rank.....just the position of CinC (Chief of Naval Operations, Lord High Admiral, ect) of the faction's fleet....held by a Fleet Admiral. Presumably, in Starfleet that is Admiral Quinn and in the Republic it is Admiral Kerenek. Don't know who the commander of the KDF is. Beyond that would be the Civilian head of the faction fleet (in the Federation, likely a appointed member of Okeg's cabinet equivalent to the US's SECDEF...in the Empire, probably a member of the High Council chosen by the Chancellor) who answers directly to the faction leader.

I wonder what level 65 will be called. What's higher than fleet admiral? President of the federation? I can imagine a few thousand fleet admirals but I doubt there'd be a few thousand presidents.

There is no higher rank.....just the position of CinC (Chief of Naval Operations, Lord High Admiral, ect) of the faction's fleet....held by a Fleet Admiral. Presumably, in Starfleet that is Admiral Quinn and in the Republic it is Admiral Kerenek. Don't know who the commander of the KDF is. Beyond that would be the Civilian head of the faction fleet (in the Federation, likely a appointed member of Okeg's cabinet equivalent to the US's SECDEF...in the Empire, probably a member of the High Council chosen by the Chancellor) who answers directly to the faction leader.

Just accept that I will be the Supreme Emperor of the Alliance.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Might not be T7, but this new Cardassian ship looks nice.

FQtxT6o.jpg​​

Where did you get this image from? Is it fan-made or legit, cause I've never seen it.
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    All my enthusiasm about this expansion has been replaced with concern.
    We do not need or want a level cap increase
    We do not need or want MK 15 or 16 gear
    We do not need or want T7 ships

You say the expansion doesn't include T7 ships. I have trouble believing they aren't coming down the pipe.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Tier 7 ships are not a planned feature for Victory is Life.

Well... It's nice to know that T7 ships will eventually find their way into the game. Maybe not with this expansion but you definitely didn't say that there are no plans for a T7 run of ships.

If this expansion ends up being another Fed and KDF kitbash into Fed and Fed-KDF stories with very little content that is original. I won't bother! I want to be the bad guys! KDF was ruined by rolling everything into the follow the Fed's. Romulan was a missed opportunity to allow us to side with and join the Tal Shiar under Empress Sela.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to a non-aligned faction, I want the Jemmies to be their own faction.
    I hope there will be T7 ships by the time June rolls around, at least an Attack Ship for Jemmies only.

Thank you for not making the new faction the Cardashians.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • nathanethan85nathanethan85 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Do you think you will fix the pvp score board when the new expansion will come out as I think its coming to two years still broken?
This discussion has been closed.