test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expansion - Victory is Life! Jem'Hadar, Level 65, Etc.

Comments

• jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Kael already confirmed no T7 planned for this Expansion, so they'll be no T6-U either. Not that they haven't been powercreeping the heck out of ships and calling them 'T6' anyway before this Expansion.

Did they confirm that there will be no T6-U? That is only one upgrade token. It could be easy to implement. Some more hull and a universal slot. Just like the miracle worker ships. They could sell lots of upgrade tokens.

*slaps you so hard the taste comes out of your mouth*
    Why do people run around waving burning piles of cash at cryptic? Jesus.
    The whole T5U thing went over about as well as a World War so lets not rush to repeat said stupid mistake.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    So no new content for existing characters ... can't say I'm surprised after AoY's underwhelming amount of content.
    Literally what? Where are you pulling this **** from?

Announcement blog.

"You’ll be able to play as a brand new faction, the Jem’Hadar; experience six new episodes in the Star Trek Online story"

Worth noting the semi-colon, faction and six listed episodes are separate. Most likely, the setup to VoL will be similar to AoY (with a short mini-faction story line and new end-game episodes.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    So no new content for existing characters ... can't say I'm surprised after AoY's underwhelming amount of content.
    The same Well of Whining that claimed people hated LoR, and that provides the constant claim that our sister game Champions Online is "dying".
    LoR? Wasn't it Delta Rising that cost the game so many players? LoR was a good time for the game whereas DR had huge XP gaps, a massive enemy difficulty increase amongst other things. According to one dev though it was the best expansion ever and the players loved it.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8637qq/victory_is_life_our_fourth_expansion_coming_june/dw229h8/
    we are skipping tier 7 and 8 ships, and going to tier 9 ships for x4. It will take 400-500 hours to upgrade a tier 6 to tier 9.

Of course I am kidding, we hated the idea of increasing the tier again. We are not increasing the tier of ships
    Not only are we not getting T7 ships, but Cryptic staff have confirmed they hate the idea of raising the tier again.
    I'm taking their word for that even less than I did them saying they wouldn't increase the level cap anymore.

T7's will come when they come and until that happens everyone at the company will insist they'll never come, just to keep us buying T6's.
    Kael already confirmed no T7 planned for this Expansion, so they'll be no T6-U either. Not that they haven't been powercreeping the heck out of ships and calling them 'T6' anyway before this Expansion.

Did they confirm that there will be no T6-U? That is only one upgrade token. It could be easy to implement. Some more hull and a universal slot. Just like the miracle worker ships. They could sell lots of upgrade tokens.

T5-U was introduced specifically to bring T5 ships in line with T6. If there's no T7, then T6-U is almost certainly not in the cards (what exactly is it upgrading to if not the next tier?)
    Anything the developers make it to upgrade to.
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2018

T5-U was introduced specifically to bring T5 ships in line with T6. If there's no T7, then T6-U is almost certainly not in the cards (what exactly is it upgrading to if not the next tier?)

And before anyone gets their hopes up for [insert super-weapon in ship form here], leveling brings new abilities and boff rewards in addition to new ship classes (1-60). I'd set my expectations for a new captain trait and maybe some extra crew, no more (from just 5 levels) until we hear more about the new feature planned (could be something like a ship modification system that opens up +60, or something completely different. We'll have to see.)

Just watch all the new Dominion ships will come with a universal slot like the miracle worker - I call that T6u -everyone will either buy the new ships for the power or they can then sell upgrades to your favorite ship === $$$$$$$$$ - you can call them T whatever - they will probably get the extra slot.
    edited March 2018
    protoneous wrote: »
    LoR was a good time for the game whereas DR had huge XP gaps

Depends on your preferences, personally I enjoyed the story to DR more than LoR (which I felt was a little perfunctory). Tip for commentary: don't try to speak for anyone but yourself or use perceptions of a forum as a proxy for the reaction of the entire community (that way, madness lies. We're a vocal minority and threads have an inherent confirmation bias.) ;)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I can't help but think the people that keep calling for T6U/T7 are the same people who have more cash than brains and don't like sharing builds with 'plebians' whether or not said 'plebians' used the same sources of information they did and the same level of agency to get there. I for one think even the level cap increase is a bit much for reasons already stated. It could be the level cap increase is more to mask the general lack of substantive content in the expansion than anything else.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
    Yes, but as you pointed out, the blog lists the 6 new episodes as being related to the new faction,.

No, it literally doesn't lists them "as being related." They're listed in serial.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The people wanting level cap increases and new ship tiers are players who actually want to play the game more and progress farther in it, as opposed to "get it over with."
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    It says "Jem’Hadar" faction not "Dominion." I'd expect just jemmies and vorta. In fact if we were to go with canon, the captain would always be vorta and the crew jem'hadar.

Point of interest is how they fit into the two-faction system. Do they get to choose like romulans or get defaulted like TOSsies?

You start at L60... so yeah you need to pick a side at the end of the day. Will go Fed since they have more ships.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I can't help but think the people that keep calling for T6U/T7 are the same people who have more cash than brains and don't like sharing builds with 'plebians' whether or not said 'plebians' used the same sources of information they did and the same level of agency to get there. I for one think even the level cap increase is a bit much for reasons already stated. It could be the level cap increase is more to mask the general lack of substantive content in the expansion than anything else.

And I have to ask our levels are tied to our ranks, we are already Fleet Admirals, what will we be head of starfleet, president of earth, ruler of the alpha quadrant, i mean come on we are maxed out we dont need more do we?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    LoR? Wasn't it Delta Rising that cost the game so many players? LoR was a good time for the game whereas DR had huge XP gaps, a massive enemy difficulty increase amongst other things. According to one dev though it was the best expansion ever and the players loved it.

Depends on your preferences, personally I enjoyed the story to DR more than LoR (which I felt was a little perfunctory). Tip for commentary: don't try to speak for anyone but yourself or use perceptions of a forum as a proxy for the reaction of the entire community (that way, madness lies. We're a vocal minority and threads have an inherent confirmation bias.) ;)
    It certainly does depend upon you preferences. The rest of my comments on DR stand and it's effect upon the playerbase and why are well known. Thanks for the tip.

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    It could happen...

Level 60 - Fleet Admiral / Dahar Master
    Level 65 - Politician / High Council Member

-AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Why the hell would anyone want T7 ships? The last time it happened many players left.

I hate the idea myself also.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    The people wanting level cap increases and new ship tiers are players who actually want to play the game more and progress farther in it, as opposed to "get it over with."

There is a lot to do after the level cap. In fact, most of the game is after the level cap. What are those 5 levels going to add other than a pointless grind? The illusion of progress?
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

The blog says 6 episodes, your comment which I quoted said the Jem'Hadar faction is 6 episodes long.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I'm such a player. I've done everything (outside PvP, I hate PvP in general so I've no desire to take part in it here) I can think of, gotten all the parts and upgrades I want for my ship while keeping in the theme I've given myself, so on, so forth. For me to 'play the game more' I'd need content. Missions, episodes, story (yes, I get the irony there)! You don't need 'bigger, badder' ships or 'higher, haughtier' levels to do that with.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    jtoney3448 wrote: »

And I have to ask our levels are tied to our ranks, we are already Fleet Admirals, what will we be head of starfleet, president of earth, ruler of the alpha quadrant, i mean come on we are maxed out we dont need more do we?

The return of "Commodore".
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    C'mon, folks! We only need one thread for this. Merging all related threads here.

pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    for those complaining about level cap never winter go's to level 70
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The most interesting feature will be, I think, the Sector space battlezone. I've been hoping for something like that since the Iconian War.

Seeing some (or probably most) of the DS9 characters in STO will also be awesome. DS9 had some of the best developed characters imo.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    So we get to play as one of fictions most underwhelming super soldiers? Finally.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I want to know when will we see Brent Spinner in game
    [Ie. new end-game missions, not just new faction missions (just like AOY).
    Yes, which exist beyond the 6 missions the new Jem'Hadar faction will get.

Direct quote again:
    "This brand-new expansion will bring Captains to the Gamma Quadrant and beyond, in a new story kicked off by the invasion of the mysterious Hur’q. You’ll be able to play as a brand new faction, the Jem’Hadar; experience six new episodes in the Star Trek Online story; and interact with ten of the original cast members from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine."

The six new episodes are not listed as being for the Jem'Hadar (any more than the ten cameos...oi.) At present, we do not have any information on what the Jem'Hadar faction will actually entail.
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Sounds interesting but the Jem'Hadar will fade after its initial story line and then follow the fed point of view in generic missions that is exactly the same for all factions, just like the Romulans and the KDF. So I am not sure what the point is in investing in a another faction. Just my opinion. I am just hoping they do not repeat the same mistake they made before.

When the went to tier six ships they, pissed allot people off, who invested in picking up all tier five ships, as a result people did not buy in to the tier six like they had for the tier five ships. I hope they do not up the tier of ships to tier seven, I would rather keep the ships at the current tier of six.