test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Expansion - Victory is Life! Jem'Hadar, Level 65, Etc.

newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
With the new expansion we are getting a new progression system and a level cap increase - so will we see T6U starships? Miracle ships already have a universal slot - so i think it is possible. And a New Jem'Hadar faction - which you can play a leveled Toon!! how awesome is that! No more grinding from lvl 1.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10838844

look at my poll from last summer - interesting
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1232945/would-you-like-an-expansion-into-the-gamma-quadrant/p1

[Mod Hat] Per devs, there will be NO, repeat, NO T6U or T7 ships this expansion or in any currently planned update. -- StarSword-C [/Mod Hat]
Post edited by starswordc on

Comments

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Wow...still hoping for a Cardassian faction but perhaps they at least could make them playable?

Level cap increase to 65, new queue, new progression systems, and will add a Sector Battlezone, a new gameplay feature that takes players into a war between the stars to save the Gamma Quadrant.

Not bad...Kudos to whoever came up with the Jems as a new faction. Just hoping they update the box ships to go along with it?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10838844-victory-is-life-our-fourth-expansion,-coming-june-2018!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    If anything, think we might get gear past MkXIV. Not sure they will (or should) go T6U.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I guess better than none. Probably would be similar to AOY or LoR and you would have to choose to either go with KDF or FED alliance.

Victory is indeed life and makes sense with the whole expansion.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • captaintjpcaptaintjp Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So... we can play as a male Jem'Hadar with black armor or a male Jem'Hadar dark grey armor? I sure hope this is a "Dominion" faction, not a Jem'Hadar one.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Kind of wondering if Jem'Hadar is going to be a level 60 faction. Wouldn't it make more sense to do it this way ship wise?
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    captaintjp wrote: »
    So... we can play as a male Jem'Hadar with black armor or a male Jem'Hadar dark grey armor? I sure hope this is a "Dominion" faction, not a Jem'Hadar one.

And sit around sniffing Ketracel White to level. Yea, sounds exciting! ^^

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Don't think there will be a T7 ship, but level XV weapons??... quite possible..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I struggle to find a point for a level cap increase.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    My excitement fizzled out when I got to the part that says there's only six news episodes coming.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Since Jem'Hadar go from infancy to full maturity in just a few days, leveling should AT LEAST be quadrupled.
  • fakemirage#8763 fakemirage Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    You’ll be able to play as a brand new faction, the Jem’Hadar; experience six new episodes in the Star Trek Online story;

Can't wait for all this new content!!!
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    yay!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

nexus.jpg

/yawn

I already have a Dominion character, my Delta Recruit is a Vorta with a crew of Jem'Hadar wearing Jem'Hadar uniforms, wielding Jem'Hadar weapons, and flying Jem'Hadar ships. Only benefit I might hopefully get out of this is the ability to acquire additional real Jem'Hadar boffs instead of relying on aliengen.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Can't wait for this expansion. Seems promising.

Finally could get to taste that Ketracel white..white stuff is good for you!

[img][/img]26uj3g.jpg​​
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Level cap increase is lame and completely unneeded. We dont need to get stronger, STO is already at the point where a person can clear a 5 man elite STF single handedly in under 2 mins. Seriously we dont need gear upgrades beyond mk14, we dont need more levels. Just add a new faction, different ships and weapons, new specializations, new boff powers, new races thats the stuff we need.

And if anyone at cryptic gets the bright idea of T6.5-T7 ships they should be skinned alive for that stupidity. I went through the T5-T6 change and watching entire fleets of my starships become dust collectors over night is NOT something I will ever sit through again to keep playing. That will be the day I delete STO from my drive. And this comes from someone who has been here since before launch, and has spent a fair amount of money on this game.

Level cap increases are the laziest way to progress the game. Oh look 10 more lvls 5 more lvls 10 more lvls, people hate that, no one looks forward to going "Hey I get to lvl all my toons 5-10 more levels AGAIN!" with a smile on their face. It just exhausts the playerbase and drains their will to even play, 1/2 the people lvl up their toons then are so burnt out they just stop playing for 3-6months.

Instead of doing TRIBBLE like that, i donno maybe fix carriers AI. Maybe make sure all the weapons in the game actually work right, cause a whole bunch dont. Or fix tetryons proc cause it only gets a chance to fire 1 time per cycle and not per pulse like all the other procs. I heard Kurland is here..... still....
    You’ll be able to play as a brand new faction, the Jem’Hadar; experience six new episodes in the Star Trek Online story;

Can't wait for all this new content!!!

The Jem Hadar faction is 6 episodes i do belive

So no new content for existing characters ... can't say I'm surprised after AoY's underwhelming amount of content.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    "In addition to these new cast members and features, Victory is Life will raise the Star Trek Online level cap to 65, introduce a new queue, new progression systems, and will add a Sector Battlezone, a new gameplay feature that takes players into a war between the stars to save the Gamma Quadrant."

Also this stuff.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Kael already confirmed no T7 planned for this Expansion, so they'll be no T6-U either. Not that they haven't been powercreeping the heck out of ships and calling them 'T6' anyway before this Expansion.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    So no new content for existing characters ... can't say I'm surprised after AoY's underwhelming amount of content.
    Literally what? Where are you pulling this **** from?
    The same Well of Whining that claimed people hated LoR, and that provides the constant claim that our sister game Champions Online is "dying".
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Kael already confirmed no T7 planned for this Expansion, so they'll be no T6-U either. Not that they haven't been powercreeping the heck out of ships and calling them 'T6' anyway before this Expansion.

Did they confirm that there will be no T6-U? That is only one upgrade token. It could be easy to implement. Some more hull and a universal slot. Just like the miracle worker ships. They could sell lots of upgrade tokens.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    captaintjp wrote: »

They only mentioned Jem'Hadar. However, some think that perhaps they might add Cardassian species to the C store. If you want to play as a Vorta not sure but Changeling, Vorta and Jem'Hadar seems to be in alliance and your guess as good as mine.​​
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There will be T7 ships. If not in this update then a future one.

Oh, and here's a great big :p for all the people who though they'd never up the level cap again after DR.
  • captaintjpcaptaintjp Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yep, that's what I'm hoping, too: maybe not Founder, but definitely Vorta, Karemma, Cardassian, Jem'Hadar. A faction having ~4 species options is normal, right? Even the TOS expansion wasn't just humans.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    tom61sto wrote: »

Did they confirm that there will be no T6-U? That is only one upgrade token. It could be easy to implement. Some more hull and a universal slot. Just like the miracle worker ships. They could sell lots of upgrade tokens.

T5-U was introduced specifically to bring T5 ships in line with T6. If there's no T7, then T6-U is almost certainly not in the cards (what exactly is it upgrading to if not the next tier?)

And before anyone gets their hopes up for [insert super-weapon in ship form here], leveling brings new abilities and boff rewards in addition to new ship classes (1-60). I'd set my expectations for a new captain trait and maybe some extra crew, no more (from just 5 levels) until we hear more about the new feature planned (could be something like a ship modification system that opens up +60, or something completely different. We'll have to see.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Wow...still hoping for a Cardassian faction but perhaps they at least could make them playable?

Level cap increase to 65, new queue, new progression systems, and will add a Sector Battlezone, a new gameplay feature that takes players into a war between the stars to save the Gamma Quadrant.

Not bad...Kudos to whoever came up with the Jems as a new faction. Just hoping they update the box ships to go along with it?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10838844-victory-is-life-our-fourth-expansion,-coming-june-2018!​​

Just what you've been waiting for Christie!! Victory is Life!!! Can't come soon enough!!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It says "Jem’Hadar" faction not "Dominion." I'd expect just jemmies and vorta. In fact if we were to go with canon, the captain would always be vorta and the crew jem'hadar.

Point of interest is how they fit into the two-faction system. Do they get to choose like romulans or get defaulted like TOSsies?