test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how about a double Dil refinement weekend?

I am not as much interested in earning bonus dilithium. I and many others would benefit much more from a double refinement weekend. Personally it would be awesome to have it as a week-long event, but that will never happen. So how about just for a Weekend?

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    only if it is immediately folllowed by a new dil sink.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Nope. Cryptic's f2p model is already generous enough as it is. It's probably too generous for daily players, but Cryptic is being kind to the non-grinders by making it so easy to reach the dil cap when they do log in.
  • good idea
    [center][img] http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/sto/uploads/sto_122209_cruiser_bg.jpg [/img][/center]
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Please for the love of all that is good in the world, no. Make more toons if you want to refine more dil, that is a possibility available every day of the year.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    NO! We don't need the DIlEx to go towards upper limit again.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

I hardly think that would happen from just one special weekend.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    bloodyriz wrote: »

I hardly think that would happen from just one special weekend.

It's still an inflation spike, potentially doubling the amount of dil added to the market over a short period of time. What do you think that'll do to the exchange rate? What benefit will there be to the management of the in-game economy? Are you saying that the price is chronically low? What's the issue with that?

Basically, you need to do your homework when it comes to a suggestion targeting a major part of the STO economy. Winging it because you want more dilithium isn't going to fly (the complexity of the system needs to be taken into account.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I can't agree with this suggestion at all. And for all the reasons that's been given. Dilithium is how the premium economy is balanced. You shift that balance for even just a weekend (which isn't really a weekend, more half a week) multiplied by how many people would be taking advantage of the weekend and you've got something that will have an impact well after said weekend. You see this whenever there's a Phoenix weekend with all the people buying Zen to trade for dilithium. The value of dilithium tanks and can take weeks to bounce back. Imagine how bad it'd be without the influx of Zen to counteract...
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    We had a dilithium weekend not too awful long ago followed by a Phoenix cycle not long after. It may not seem like much but these things are on cycles for a reason as it tries to keep things in balance on the dilithium exchange. You want the exchange to be in a butter zone of sorts. You want it to be high enough that zen sellers are motivated to sell their zen and feel like they're getting a fair chunk of dilithium. You also want it low enough so that zen buyers will grind out that dilithium and feel like they're not getting ripped off either. If it goes too far into one direction or the other it will upset the markets big time.

Dilithium weekends virtually double the amount of dilithium available during that weekend which will effect the markets as you've now increased supply on the dilithium side. When the markets hit that higher end of 450+ the few times that it did, this was because there was such an excess supply of dilithium in game with nowhere for it to go. Until this new Dranuur Colony holding and the Phoenix Boxes were introduced, there was a huge imbalance of supply vs the demand which caused massive inflation.

If you need more dilithium the best bit of advice that can be given is to create more toons to refine some dilithium. you can refine 8k dilithium per toon per day. In my case currently I can rake in 160k dilithium per day across 20 toons if I sat down and gathered the dilithium. Obviously I don't do that every day but point being the potential is there. Otherwise your other option would be to wait for a weekend to come around naturally. If you need help acquiring dilithium I can share a few of the methods I use to gather it.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    How about a vendor that charges 1000 Dil to refine 8000 for you? ;)
    I've got about 8 mil unrefined dili.. and that's bad enough.

geez man, feel free to take a break from dil grinding!
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    That's a pretty funny joke.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I would prefer Dilitium Discount Days (Triple D) similar to the old Hourly Crafting 1.0. If I remember correctly during the hourly, the cost to craft items such as the Aegis set was 20% or so less from its normal Dilitium cost.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns