test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Commanders and Captains..

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
was at a loss where start with this endeavour, till I overheard in chat the heavy tactical drones on Defera fit the bill for commander.. is there a list of what episode/critter fills the bill for the various endeavors? maybe a sticky post?
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor

Comments

• mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    For this one i just went through GAMEPEDIA looking through the NPCs list of missions. I started doing Beyond the Nexus for the requirements. That site also has a list of Endeavors so maybe i'll go through looking for which episodes would be quick and easy for me to do. I don't do all the Endeavors, mind you, and if missions don't have enough NPCs, if they're quick and easy i don't mind doing them later on as i cycle through side accounts (those accounts haven't done a majority of the missions either - basically skipping to Sphere of Influence from Stranded in Space being leveled slowly over time via Commander Viala, DOffing, etc.).
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Have a look at the foundry!

Most slaughter based accolades have a mission made for them and the endeavours just look at the kills not where you're doing the killing.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I play Foundry to get the endeavor
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
      edited March 2018
      Usually the mission log (default key J) gives further details on an Endeavour, OP. Check the 'in progress' tab for more information.

As for specific ranks of enemies: usually captains are simply the highest ranking/rarest ground forces (excluding enemies like the Borg queen or those Assimilated Tactical Gorn drones). Commanders are the ones just below that, in this case indeed the heavy tactical drones.

Voth Spec Ops probably count as commanders too, but I'm not sure of that. For Cardassians Guls and Legates should count, for Klingons it's probably Dahar masters and Targ Handlers.

Usually you get an idea from the amount of abilities that enemies used compared to enemies of a lower rank, and whether they have shields or not. If they don't, they're usually ensign rank, excluding Undine. If they do have shields and use two or more special abilities (secondary fire, setting up turrets, reviving other enemies) there's a fair chance they're Commander or higher ranks.
      [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
      Or you couild just check those little bars under their health that shows their ranks...
      tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      I completed the Endeavor missions in the Voth Battlezone because I was there already.
    • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      It's kind of out of the way, but the Warehouse instance on New Romulus has at least a Commander in every spawn, and there are a dozen or more spawns if you clear out the whole thing. Many of the Hirogen spawns have more than one Commander.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
      My Jhanell hadn't done Time and Tide yet, so she did that and almost filled out her bar in the hostage fight. So I replayed it when I finished and got the rest of them. Quite easy. Her Cold Fusion Flash, Hyperonic Radiation and her Breen's CRM gun took them down fast in accords with the other BOFF abilities.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
      The Vastam Peaks area on New Romulus has plenty of Subcommanders spawning.