test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback for Tribble Update ST.85.20180304a.0

2»

Comments

• mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Happy to report that as of this evening, the upgrade bug is gone. However, NPCs are still appearing too close to the screen during missions.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Upgrading now works, but the sound does not play when an item increases in rarity.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • videographer77videographer77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @tuskin67 Thanks
  • zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Unfotunately, as of 3/14/18 @ 2:10 PM Central, the Tribble Server is still down. There must be bigger issues at play.

It's back up

It's unavailable today. I just ran a force verify in case something was buggy on my end but I haven't been able to log into it for days now.

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    Tribble is available and it appears they have the CTD issue when upgrading resolved. 3/16 1200 est
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    Still cannot train Bridge Officers. Click the LEARN button, the "Use Training Manual" pop-up window appears. Click the "OK" button, nothing happens except the pop-up window disappears. The Bridge Officer does not learn the new skill, the training manual is not consumed.

This occurs with regular skills as well as 23C. skills.
    It is 100% repeatable.
    It occurs on all my captains on Tribble server.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    @coldsnapped I have a rather nasty bug for you at play here. In some cases I'm seeing instances of my gear actually swapping out with items in my inventory. I've included 2 screenshots below. the first screenshot is the gear as it is supposed to look with tetryons on the ship. the 2nd is of the gear being swapped on map transition back to antiproton weaponry. the only thing required to trigger it was a map transfer after trying to change gear previously. saving loadouts does not prevent this from happening.

this is the gear as it should be. https://imgur.com/a/SruDG

This is the gear after the bug occurs https://imgur.com/a/Rzqi1
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    After the last Tribble patch I am still getting the following error when trying to launch the game:

ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: c:\src\Utilities\CrypticError\harvest.c(526)

This happens when using Arc and using the launcher alone. I realise errors can't be fixed over night but some feedback on this error would be nice as in the past I have seen unacknowledged errors go from Tribble to Holodeck and I would hate for this to be the end of me playing STO.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2018
    johnbr216 wrote: »
    None of my Boffs are able to train skills, or specializations on any of my characters. KDF or FED. I've also copied a new char over, a level 15 over, and a 60. All with the same effect. Learn is a available. Click it, and nothing happens. And I've tried Tac, Sci and ENG on each char just to be thorough. Diferent skills either purchased from the BOFF Skill Vendor, at Capitol Planer, or Fleet Boff Skill Vender

First reported March 8 then again on March 16. You'd think that it wouldn't take them this long to get a simple switch reset.
    Any decent program like this should have an administrative switch that can be set without adjusting code. But having programming noted telling the devs exactly which subroutines do what should take them right to the problem. A subroutine is turned off or bypassed. They know what changes they made, they can find which switch in a simple if - then subroutine is preventing the training of boffs and in 5 minutes have this fixed. But it shouldn't even take code work, iust turning on what's turned off in gamemaster admin should be enough.

**Fixed with patch 3/20 1800 EST**
    Post edited by zepharynthe on
  • hardsalehardsale Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    so updated to latest patch and guess what happened when i tried to log in yep CTD and that stupid message thats been around for 2 week now

ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: c:\src\utilities\CrypticError\harvest.c(526)