test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FLEET Starbase PVP Defense/Attack map , WE NEED THIS!

13

Comments

  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,017 Arc User
    you don't have to modify EVERY item with dual stats - just the problematic ones

    of course, given the near-tantrum that was thrown by a dev when the idea was first broached several years ago, even that little won't get done, so it's a moot point​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

    #LegalizeAwoo

    A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"


    "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes, do this. And slowly remove PVE from the game and make everything PVP.

    LOL! I see what you did there. Crack me up, why don't you?

    Why the call for s-l-o-w-l-y? They don't give you guys the same courtesy.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,951 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    My personal opinion? Mod Hat off?

    Star Trek Online was never meant to be a competitive PVP game, it was meant to be a "for fun" PVE game with optional "for fun" PVP on the side. And I like it fine that way. I've done decently well in friendly intra-fleet PVP matches, sometimes with regular gear, sometimes with rules like "T1 ships only"*, I've even taken a Mirror Negh into Ker'rat and screwed around. But I'm not required to do anything I don't want to, for advancement or otherwise.

    You want challenging matchups? Organize them. Hell, use the forums to set up a tournament if you like. But if we in PVE have to accept the randomness of other players when we pug an STF**, you PVP nuts have to accept the randomness of other players when you pug a PVP match. Because remember, the game doesn't have a scoreboard-related matchmaking system for PVE either.

    * That one got a little weird, though: almost everyone was in a Miranda and somebody, I think it was me, used Call Fleet Support and we ended up with an AI Sovereign-class spawn-camping. :frowning:
    ** Including one unfortunate incident in HGE, IIRC, where it turned out to be everybody's first time through the mission and nobody could figure out how to progress the final stage.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Subnuc actually DOES work on NPCs. I've used it a lot on my sci's when I see the enemy NPC with buffs. Just like with players, it strips the buffs off.

    While it is true that some things have altered stats vs Players... it would be VERY hard to try and expand that to cover EVERYTHING, because you might have to make two sets of stats for practically every item in the game in order to balance PvP.

    This. Before DR I used it regularly in Borg Red Alerts to wipe off the supercharged Hazard Emitters from Regeneration Probes.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

    Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • f3nr1r#1075 f3nr1r Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    We need 10v10 PvP queues with Starbase one for defending one for attacking , or 1 queue where it is random defend or attack. Where you are able to use all the Starbase Military Buff Provisionings , reinforcements etc to defend your starbase , it would give players a reason to use these excess buff provisions. I think this would be a great idea for the game CS_spaceshot1.jpg imagine your peaceful starbase surrounded by klingons and you have to defend it till the time is up

    YES.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,451 Arc User
    augm3nt wrote: »
    zippostyle wrote: »

    Wow so salty for nothing actually. What do you mean with "200mil"? everybody knows is impossible to get over 10 milions energy credits :smile::smile::smile:

    its raised to 15m cap, so you can pay me 15m fee every week :smile:



    @rattler2 who plays with t6 defiant in pve?

    not rattler but I have an alt that flies her
    Spock.jpg

  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,088 Community Moderator
    I'm sure anyone who does have a T6 Defiant might fly her in PvE. Just like any other ship.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,252 Arc User
    > @augm3nt said:
    > zippostyle wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Wow so salty for nothing actually. What do you mean with "200mil"? everybody knows is impossible to get over 10 milions energy credits :smile: :smile: :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > its raised to 15m cap, so you can pay me 15m fee every week :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    > @rattler2 who plays with t6 defiant in pve?

    I do.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • apockineticapockinetic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Defending and attacking starbase with a 10v10 mass of sci spam sounds like the things dreams are made of!!! I would have so much fun it would be unreal.

    Imagine all those pretty colours. Trails and trails of colours with the words Katet Pandas EG all having a great time while the HoBOs all stand back in cloak admiring all the colours of the rainbow
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    My personal opinion? Mod Hat off?
    Because remember, the game doesn't have a scoreboard-related matchmaking system for PVE either.

    That is because PvP is scored differently from PvE.

    Now, I do not do group/team stuff....so for my example I use Scylla and Charybdis...so just picture it as Borg or an Red Alert type thing. OK?

    In Scylla and Charybdis....it is you and your Alliance (your ally) against Tzenkethi then against Hur'q (your opponent). You hit objectives...the mission moves forward. At the end if you did everything correctly and finished all requirements....you get your reward.

    Now, imagine this with PvP scoring:

    How many Hur'q ship did you kill? How many times did you blow up?
    How many times did you assist Alliance ships to kill/disable a Tzenkethi ship?
    How many times did you throw a heal? OR use crowd control?

    Who had the hardest hit? Who did the largest heal?

    How many times did an Alliance ship kill a Tzenkthi ship? Hur'q ship?
    How many times did an Tzenkethi or Hur'q ship kill an Alliance one?

    Were you able to keep track???
    That is the way PvP is scored. You need a working scoreboard.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,951 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @where2r1 said:
    > (words, snipped due to length)
    > That is the way PvP is scored. You need a working scoreboard.

    Only if you care about all that minutiae that lies beyond the realm of "Did we have fun? And who won?"

    THAT is my point: the game isn't built for the hardcore number-crunchers whether you're talking about PVP or PVE.

    Anyway this is kind of a tangent to the original proposal, which by the way I'm actually in favor of.
    Post edited by starswordc on
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

    Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    We need more pvp content or to force everyone to play pvp, for example pvp in sector space and esd(well this is dark and secret space, very dangeroues for not prepered journey)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 56,088 Community Moderator
    irenvelle wrote: »
    We need more pvp content or to force everyone to play pvp...

    Stopping you right there dude. FORCING PvP never goes well, and can lead to a new kind of griefing in game where marauding players will seek out less geared players and gank them ON PURPOSE for teh lulz. Essentially giving rise to something known as a Player Killer. Someone who hunts other players. We don't want PKs here.

    PvP in MMORPGs should always be an OPTION. Never forced. You want forced PvP? Go play CoD or World of Tanks.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,951 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    irenvelle wrote: »
    We need more pvp content or to force everyone to play pvp, for example pvp in sector space and esd(well this is dark and secret space, very dangeroues for not prepered journey)

    Wrong forum. EVE Online is over thataway.
    Post edited by starswordc on
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

    Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,159 Arc User
    irenvelle wrote: »
    We need more pvp content or to force everyone to play pvp, for example pvp in sector space and esd(well this is dark and secret space, very dangeroues for not prepered journey)

    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,159 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    Star Trek Online was never meant to be a competitive PVP game, it was meant to be a "for fun" PVE game with optional "for fun" PVP on the side.

    ^ This.

    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    All we need is love and more Warzones.. . B)
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    daviddxx wrote: »
    All we need is love and more Warzones.. . B)

    Make WAR, not love.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    irenvelle wrote: »
    We need more pvp content or to force everyone to play pvp, for example pvp in sector space and esd(well this is dark and secret space, very dangeroues for not prepered journey)

    Once again...you PvP folks may wanna keep people like this from speaking. Because really...this pretty much makes the PvP vs PvE community myth into a reality...and that does nobody any good. The PvP community really is their own worst enemy of getting more PvP support when people say nonsense like this and you all don't shut it down immediately.

    I just don't see the point in responding to what the person said, it's almost trollish in it's essence. You should focus on what more logical people have to say rather than worrying about what someone who doesn't speak for most PvPers has to say. I PvP and I don't agree with what this person says, especially considering how this person PvPs and that they're most likely just looking for more people to pug-stomp with their pre-made team. The fact is this: PvP is not growing as this person also said. It's actually in the worst state it's ever been, even worse than when Temporal abilities were OP and even worse than when Surgical Strikes and Ionic Turbulence were OP back in 2015. The only matches that happen are when 5 poor souls queue and are instantly killed by the previously mentioned pre-made. Look through the matches that have happened recently. It's always the same story. PvP Leaderboard - Match History

    Again, I reiterate that I (a PvPer) do not want PvP to be forced on people.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,951 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @kyle223cat said:
    > I just don't see the point in responding to what the person said, it's almost trollish in it's essence. You should focus on what more logical people have to say rather than worrying about what someone who doesn't speak for most PvPers has to say. I PvP and I don't agree with what this person says, especially considering how this person PvPs and that they're most likely just looking for more people to pug-stomp with their pre-made team. The fact is this: PvP is not growing as this person also said. It's actually in the worst state it's ever been, even worse than when Temporal abilities were OP and even worse than when Surgical Strikes and Ionic Turbulence were OP back in 2015. The only matches that happen are when 5 poor souls queue and are instantly killed by the previously mentioned pre-made. Look through the matches that have happened recently. It's always the same story. PvP Leaderboard - Match History
    >
    > Again, I reiterate that I (a PvPer) do not want PvP to be forced on people.

    All of which is, as I said, no different than pugging an ISA and getting that one fresh Level 50 in a free Star Cruiser with rainbow beams who spends half the match lagged into next week. Or the guy who flunked out of reading comprehension before jumping into an Undine Infiltration instance. You pug, you get to accept the risks of pugging. You don't like those risks? Use the game's built-in tools like chat and these forums to pre-organize the teams.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

    Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Have some ambition, try to kill something more than brainless npc
    ps. when person says pvp is even worse and dont grow, person should go and check facts in ker'rat, which is sometimes full and noone else cant enter first instance
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,252 Arc User
    > @irenvelle said:
    > Have some ambition, try to kill something more than brainless npc
    > ps. when person says pvp is even worse and dont grow, person should go and check facts in ker'rat, which is sometimes full and noone else cant enter first instance

    I have. Same die hard that play all the time. NO NEW FACES. Meaning it doesn't grow, it remains constant. Just because it has 1 whole instance full doesn't mean it's growing.

    Nice try though. I don't know if I should classify this as ad hommenen, straw man, or just plain ignorance.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    irenvelle wrote: »
    We need more pvp content or to force everyone to play pvp, for example pvp in sector space and esd(well this is dark and secret space, very dangeroues for not prepered journey)

    Once again...you PvP folks may wanna keep people like this from speaking. Because really...this pretty much makes the PvP vs PvE community myth into a reality...and that does nobody any good. The PvP community really is their own worst enemy of getting more PvP support when people say nonsense like this and you all don't shut it down immediately.

    I just don't see the point in responding to what the person said, it's almost trollish in it's essence. You should focus on what more logical people have to say rather than worrying about what someone who doesn't speak for most PvPers has to say. I PvP and I don't agree with what this person says, especially considering how this person PvPs and that they're most likely just looking for more people to pug-stomp with their pre-made team. The fact is this: PvP is not growing as this person also said. It's actually in the worst state it's ever been, even worse than when Temporal abilities were OP and even worse than when Surgical Strikes and Ionic Turbulence were OP back in 2015. The only matches that happen are when 5 poor souls queue and are instantly killed by the previously mentioned pre-made. Look through the matches that have happened recently. It's always the same story. PvP Leaderboard - Match History

    Again, I reiterate that I (a PvPer) do not want PvP to be forced on people.

    And you missed the ENTIRE point of my post...because if you got it, your reply should have been to the guy who said force PvP on everyone and not ME. That you the problem. Fix the problems in your own damn community before attack those of us who have problems with those elements in your damn community. Patrick got it and posted a reply to the person and did a good job to try and fix it. You did not.

    I've seen your posts before. Most of what you do is attack people. I hesitated before responding to your post because I worried you would, yet again, reply in a nasty, argumentative way. I was right, as were the countless other people who have called you out in the past. No one can have an intelligent conversation with you because all you do is attack people.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,377 Community Moderator
    Guys, please keep things focused on the original post and the discussion regarding that. Having passion about one's points is fine, but attacking other members is not. This is the heads up warning. Next time the mod pen comes out and/or an outright post lock.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

    Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.