test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unofficial Literary Challenge 45 Discussion Thread

starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
This is the discussion thread for Unofficial Literary Challenge #45: "Old Friends".

As usual, be honest and polite.
"Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
— Sabaton, "Great War"
VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/

Comments

• Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Starsword, are the swarmers the Hurq's only ships?
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    xungnguyen wrote: »
    Starsword, are the swarmers the Hurq's only ships?

So far, yes. I can't speak to what the programmers have planned for later episodes (the moderation team isn't in contact with the dev team, other than sometimes sending them bugs).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    Interesting prompts. :)

Will need to see if anything comes to mind.
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    First one seems like could have some real fun, it's been an eventful couple of years and could justify anything.

"So I got that apprenticeship after you headed off to the Academy and have been stuck in an archeological dig, what've you been up to? They ever get you posted to a ship?"

".... Oh boy."
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    First one seems like could have some real fun, it's been an eventful couple of years and could justify anything.

"So I got that apprenticeship after you headed off to the Academy and have been stuck in an archeological dig, what've you been up to? They ever get you posted to a ship?"

".... Oh boy."

I like that. :D When I originally suggested that prompt I had a very different and considerably darker idea in mind for mine: Eleya has to arrest somebody she knew in boot camp with who later joined the Circle. I had it in mind as kind of an exploration of radicalization.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Why am I a...
    your captain is having a bad day; somehow they are the oposit gender! write an entry explaining this mess, and the repercussions (ie are they stuck, cose not to go back?"
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    kinesiasholtkinesiasholt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hmmm... I just found this - is this still ongoing?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    > @kinesiasholt said:
    > Hmmm... I just found this - is this still ongoing?

Yes. Our literary challenges don't ever close, in fact, although we put up new prompts once a month.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Heck, the tale I'm working on now combines two different ULC prompts, a crossover and an attack by a ship of the "Krenim Imperium" seeking to delete you from the timeline. (It's how the starship Time Bandit winds up orbiting the wrong Earth...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png