test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FLEET Starbase PVP Defense/Attack map , WE NEED THIS!

We need 10v10 PvP queues with Starbase one for defending one for attacking , or 1 queue where it is random defend or attack. Where you are able to use all the Starbase Military Buff Provisionings , reinforcements etc to defend your starbase , it would give players a reason to use these excess buff provisions. I think this would be a great idea for the game CS_spaceshot1.jpg imagine your peaceful starbase surrounded by klingons and you have to defend it till the time is up
Tagged:
«134

Comments

  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,252 Arc User
    PvP is basically a corpse in this game. Let it be dead.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    Fear not the pve-kids, loud are their mouths, but small are their swords.
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I think it would be alot of fun tho :)
  • adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I think its a fantastic idea, well overdue a new pvp map. Resistance is futile pve warriors XD
  • esistziipesistziip Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Just don't play it if you don't like it. No seriously, having more (pvp) content doesn't hurt. Also give us Hypermass back!
    screeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn3co8o.png
  • neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    It would be interesting. More fun content for those that still PvP.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,256 Arc User
    Ow ok, that would be nice, we thought about this kind of scenario since day 0 of fleet season :smiley:
  • irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Well pvp community is growing rly fast now, probably becouse pve heroes getting bored killing brainless npc whole day, not to mention dead pve queue except cca. PvP and overall game can be enhanced by some warmap system with faction wars in sector space fighting eachother in mixed pvepvp mode for control over the systems, just imagine how fun it could be for pve heroes and pvp community. And if somebody says pvp is dead he should try go to ker'rat everyday and enjoy dead view, but of his ship, or arena every evening
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    That would be great! Yeah i seeen a lot of new PVPers in this game, too bad the learning curve and pocket curve is a bit high. But this would definately make PvP extremely fun and interesting! :D

    Anyway, my ]-o-[ Tie figher and >oö< Tie bomber will be waiting for u in ker'rat! :D
  • madskillzz1madskillzz1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'd be all for it, anything to attrack new players and give end game players something to do.
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    maybe it should reward some kind of buff or so
  • rarerararera Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think it is a great idea and sounds like a lot fun. It would be just like the final stage in Core Assault. I know a lot of people who enjoy that and are not PVP focused players. Most fleets do not have 10 good PVP players. Some have a few and some have none. The challenge would be evenly balanced in most cases. Great idea OP...
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    irenvelle wrote: »
    Well pvp community is growing rly fast now, probably becouse pve heroes getting bored killing brainless npc whole day, not to mention dead pve queue except cca. PvP and overall game can be enhanced by some warmap system with faction wars in sector space fighting eachother in mixed pvepvp mode for control over the systems, just imagine how fun it could be for pve heroes and pvp community. And if somebody says pvp is dead he should try go to ker'rat everyday and enjoy dead view, but of his ship, or arena every evening

    Yeah we need more Warmaps definitely kerrat isnt enough we need red vs blue cross faction even would be great!
  • irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    irenvelle wrote: »
    Well pvp community is growing rly fast now, probably becouse pve heroes getting bored killing brainless npc whole day, not to mention dead pve queue except cca. PvP and overall game can be enhanced by some warmap system with faction wars in sector space fighting eachother in mixed pvepvp mode for control over the systems, just imagine how fun it could be for pve heroes and pvp community. And if somebody says pvp is dead he should try go to ker'rat everyday and enjoy dead view, but of his ship, or arena every evening

    Yeah we need more Warmaps definitely kerrat isnt enough we need red vs blue cross faction even would be great!
    And this is canon st lore, fights between faction across galaxy, sector space is waaaay to safe now for everyone

    Post edited by irenvelle on
  • warzoon007warzoon007 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    This is long overdue, something like this should of been implemented with the lunch of the Starbase system.
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    irenvelle wrote: »
    sleeeperr1 wrote: »
    irenvelle wrote: »
    Well pvp community is growing rly fast now, probably becouse pve heroes getting bored killing brainless npc whole day, not to mention dead pve queue except cca. PvP and overall game can be enhanced by some warmap system with faction wars in sector space fighting eachother in mixed pvepvp mode for control over the systems, just imagine how fun it could be for pve heroes and pvp community. And if somebody says pvp is dead he should try go to ker'rat everyday and enjoy dead view, but of his ship, or arena every evening

    Yeah we need more Warmaps definitely kerrat isnt enough we need red vs blue cross faction even would be great!
    And this is canon sto lore, fights between faction across galaxy, sector space is waaaay to safe now for everyone

    yeah just look at deep space 9 its all about defending a starbase in a war scenario with the dominion
  • sovereign2727sovereign2727 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I mean I totally approve, although I don't see cryptic invest time and effort into giving this to us, it'd be great. And yeah cynic PvEer's saying PvP is dead and this is useless, if pvp was so dead no one would ask for it.
  • irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    PvP grows so sooner or later they have to $ecrifice some time for pvp
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 10,928 Arc User
    I am in full support of a strategic Starbase scenario which uses the provisions like minefields and reinforcements. Careful, strategic coordination with non-scripted NPCs to form a defence sounds like a lot of fun if even random elements are added to make the attacks unpredictable. I know this would be a given with PvP, but this game doesn't offer the best mechanics and veterans are always miles ahead by sheer equipment and traits alone, so many of which simply add flat damage buffs and gimmicks. As long as we don't fill generic blanks in PvP, as in everyone exchanges their ships for generic common quality set-ups, I'd not participate in that. But a strategic Starbase defence PvE map with 5 or 10 players and no annoying time gates I'd support.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    esistziip wrote: »
    Just don't play it if you don't like it. No seriously, having more (pvp) content doesn't hurt. Also give us Hypermass back!

    Wrong. More PvP content means more dev time taken away from PvE content. So it does hurt PvE players. And this is assuming that you can keep the X is broken, please nerf crowd you have under control to stop saying that...because even if that isn't the caused a nerf...when a nerf DOES happen, PvP WILL get blamed for it. And it causes more rifts between PvP and PvE players that is just bad for the game. So...yeah there are plenty of reasons to leave the dead PvP dead.

    Oh you poor pve players being hurt from receiving another clone map of another clone map where you can shoot another variation of another varation of utterly mindless group of npc's for 8 years straight.
  • irenvelleirenvelle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    As a pvp player you are forced to do pve, why not make pve players forced to play some pvp
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Looking at the PvP queues right now and there is exactly one (1) person in there...So no, PvP is not "growing."

    There are enough empty queues, we don't need more.
  • esistziipesistziip Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    [Mod Hat] Post redacted due to flaming and trolling. -- StarSword-C [/Mod Hat]
    screeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn3co8o.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 8,105 Community Moderator
    Let's everybody calm down and argue with civility. :)

    jrAoIir.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.