test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things I would pay money for in the game

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Blizz manages to do well with pay for content... just sayin

Not many mmos can pull off a sub base anymore, only two successful ones I know of are WoW and FFXIV
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    This is not a debate about paying for playable content. I believe there is already thread about that.

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Blizz manages to do well with pay for content... just sayin

blizzard is also 100x the size of cryptic​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    if they would bring back mac client or adding a linux client.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Typhoon Class please

*throws wallet at screen*

Typhoon_3.png
    Typhoon_2.png
    Typhoon_1.png
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • targaryenruletargaryenrule Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    Oh, and for the E*******r to be removed from the game and for CBS to CGI it out of all future copies of the TOS films, TNG, DS9, and VGR. Worst looking ship in all of science fiction.
    Aww, why do you hate the Excelsior?

It takes everything about every starship up to that point and ruins it. It is out of balance, the edges smooth where they should be rough and rough where they should be smooth, it has a stupid accordion neck, it's hull is bloated and its deflector miniscule, its nacelles are boxes, not sleek boxes like the Crossfield or well tapered or shaped ones like the Conni R or the other TMP era ships, just boxes.

Everything about it is wrong. Sure the Galaxy (with its awful shaped saucer, squat hull, and redicusly overbalanced saucer) and the Intrepid (fat, misshapen space spoon) are close runners up, but the E*******r takes the biscuit.
    Something tells me you don't like it.

Made this awhile ago, just for you, Arty ~kiss kiss~
    Personally, I love it. B)

And you are a monster.​​

There are uglier ships in sci-fi, I like the Excelsior design. It's fixed the weak points the Connie had (The neck and pylons) and it's a much more practical design in terms of interior space so it can do more mission profiles, there's a good reason that Starfleet kept the class in service for over 125 years because it's a very good ship

To me, I feel material and techniques would allow slender ships like the connie to possible. It DID take a nuclear bomb at close range, among other things, over the years.

For me, ugliest ships in sci fi are the ones from the Aliens movies and vast majority of Star Wars ships. ~shrugs~

I do have a soft spot for the Venator class Star Destroyer and the Imperial I Class Star Destroyer from SW. In regards to the Connie, the neck was nearly snapped in WOK and the Kelvin Connie did get it's neck snapped and the pylons for that matter. The Excelsior corrected those issues from the Prime Connie. The neck is much thicker but shorter on the Excelsior and the pylons are much lower down.

For me, the writers had an 'ape brain' way of thinking....I mean, they DID have the JJ Prise built by a bunch of sweaty guys with WELDERS.....and given how primitive the insides of the Kelvin, and the engineering areas of the JJ Prise were (JJ seems to think ALL ships after 1950 will look the same) And the same I say can be seen in TWoK, since the director kept trying to make it more contemporary.

TOS was MUUUUUCH tougher.

The TMP Connie is a tough old lady, look at the beatings she took in WOK and Undiscovered Country. I suspect the Ent-A might not lasted much longer with that Bird of Prey without Excelsior's assistance because that photon strike through the saucer was brutal.

Without meaning to be a smart***, the Enterprise-A was the one we saw in the Undiscovered Contry.

And it's not a great compairison to be fair - Khan only used phasers to strike the Enterprise directly. If he'd used torpedoes, much like the Enterprise DID do against the Reliant) it would have been game over for the Enterprise.

General Chang (Undiscovered Country) ONLY used photon torpedoes against the Enterprise-A.

Khan's last phaser strikes nearly snapped the neck and totally destroyed a photon launcher. A few seconds longer and game over for the Enterprise.

From the Star Trek Perspective... when shields go down, you lose. It doesn't matter what shape the ship is. This is a reason why bridges are exposed.. from their mind, once you lose shields you die in short order.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Typhoon Class please

*throws wallet at screen*

Typhoon_3.png
    Typhoon_2.png
    Typhoon_1.png
    I'd fly it, especially the purple one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > thay8472 wrote: »
    >
    > Typhoon Class please
    >
    > *throws wallet at screen*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'd fly it, especially the purple one.

Honestly the Typhoon is a perfect ship to be a free tier 6 for players. Like the freebie ships we get while leveling.

Hey ya reached lvl 60 Admiral. Go pick up your free Typhoon flagship. Then we give a KDF and RRW versions.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • darkmatter909#7994 darkmatter909 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > Another bundle like the 31st Century Temporal 3 ships package. That is such a customer friendly bundle I'm surprised Cryptic allowed it. If not something along that similarity perhaps just a bundle of 3 T6 tokens so players could choose any 3 ships they wanted of the Store bought variety.

Love this ship tokens idea!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    A more unlocked tailor, especially for aliengen characters. Or giving LTS players a more free tailor to play with(allowing Borg head parts to be placed on Orion characters, for example.).
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I would also love a typhoon class, I've wanted one since I first saw it. I think it would be great as a tactical dreadnought.
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I want the REAL music. I would pay seriously for this. I actually created a mod for the PC that uses real music in the correct situations...ie...DS9 music plays when you enter DS9. Klingon battle music when you enter Q'nos, etc. But now i play on console and miss my mod. I so want REAL music!!!! Add as a C-Store addon please!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Things I would pay money for:
    — Getting to shoot T'Ket in the face.
    — Getting to shoot Sela in the face.
    — Getting to shoot Daniels in the balls, then in the face.
    — Getting to stab Jimmy Pok in the kidney.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Did I already mention Suliban or maybe some other logical player races for the RR?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Agreed on the first 2, substitute Franklin Drake for Daniels & Kagran for Jimmy Pok & you have a winner.

Forgot Drake. As for Kagran, who do you think put him in a position to be named allied c-in-c to begin with?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    add phillip crey to that list - THE TIMELINE IS SECURE, ADMIRAL​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • freekzilla666#4777 freekzilla666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ok 1st let me say im sorry because i know there must be a more on topic thread that i could post this but i just started playin the game a few weeks ago. Im a huge life long treky of course and well this game is just so bugged im finding it hard to even keep playing it, im really disapointed because the game has been around so long and has so much potential. But to try to stay on point i will say that i would pay to play the game if they could fix these things. I mean really. Almost every mission im goin to now has reported bugs and very laggy. Ughh. Idk what else to say. Just disapointed i guess sums it up
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Did I already mention Suliban or maybe some other logical player races for the RR?
    Acamarians are another!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I do wish torpedoes were more powerful against hull. In the Star Trek universe they didn't do much (if anything) to shielded targets, but when the shields were down, usually 1 or 2 torpedoes blowed stuff up. I mean remember Generations? A couple torps crushed the Ent-D. Cmon
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    I want the REAL music. I would pay seriously for this. I actually created a mod for the PC that uses real music in the correct situations...ie...DS9 music plays when you enter DS9. Klingon battle music when you enter Q'nos, etc. But now i play on console and miss my mod. I so want REAL music!!!! Add as a C-Store addon please!

This is something that may not be in Cryptic's power to do. It would depend on what their licensing agreement with CBS/Paramount covers. The music, probably because the different composers and recording studios are entitled to royalties, was likely not part of the agreement. I could be wrong, but I would think that if they could use any of the many pieces of official Star Trek music, they would do so for the sake of authenticity...

this is exactly the reason why it's not there. But if they monetized it, they could turn it into a money maker for everyone. Win-win. I can tell you this for certain, playing the game with ACTUAL Star Trek musical scores changes the entire "feel" and immersion of the game. I'm not talking about just having music randomly playing in the background. I'm talking about music that plays to the corresponding situation in the game.
  • trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Hmm a few things

AoY Expansion that adds Romulan and Klingon factions. A 23c Beta Quadrant that all level 40+ AoY players can access. Adding lots of planets, social areas, Foundry missions, 4 crew Adventure Zones, Red Alerts, Rep, new space Barbie toys, wearable 23c Medical Tricorder sash and 23c AoY Caitian.

Liberated Borg Faction

Did I mention more 23c stuff?
    Hey all my old posts are gone! :/

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I.S.S. on Fed ships (like they did with NX)

Terran Empire Skins for ALL Federation Ships

ToS Terran Empire Captains Shirt

ToS Terran Empire Belt with Dagger

ToS Terran Empire Thigh High Boots with Knife for Females

ENT Terran Empire MACO Uniform

NX Class Bridges

An "Evil" option in all episodes (Seriously, I still would have vaporized the Iconians, instead of helping them escape. #SELAWASRIGHT)

Forgot to add:

ToS Agonizers on Dagger Belt

ToS Agonizer Booths on Crew Decks of Mirror Ships to place BoFF's in

ENT Agonizer Booths on Crew Deck to Place BoFF's in

Updated Agonizer Booths on Crew Deck for Modern Ships, to place BoFF's in

BoFF Scream and Agony actions

Terran Empire Salute Emote

Terran Empire Agonizer usage Emote
    Post edited by gothkid1972 on
    It's not as simple as that. They can't just go, "we can make some money and you can have a cut." There are specific dollar amounts here that must be met to satisfy the studios and artists involved. If they miss the mark, they open themselves up to breach of contract lawsuits. And you know, saying "but they are raking in the cash" won't always fly. They would not be raking in nearly as much money without all the revenue tied to loot boxes... And loot box revenue in the industry is under a lot of scrutiny now. We don't know when or if the hammer is going to come down or how hard the impact will be when it does. That cash well may end up drying up for a lot of companies. So costs they COULD absorb now may not be in the cards later. We just don't know.

Personally, as much as I would love to hear official Star Trek music from the movies and shows in STO, I would rather they just get some better music for the game. Some of it doesn't feel like Star Trek, while the rest of it does.

I know licensing is very complicated but that doesn't mean it cannot be done. Maybe work with a single soundtrack and use that. This is what I did. I mainly used music from the motion picture soundtrack for my mod.

While I would like to have "better" music, I am telling you that official music playing in the game changes everything. It's something I may not be able to describe appropriately. I should probably make a video of it just so people can get a sense of much it changes the game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not bloody much anymore thanks to the Colony Holding. I'll spend money in LOTRO instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.