test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

whats with all the "patching ## files, 0 byte/s

when im playing this, most of the time there is that text in the top left corner that pervents and kind of gmae loading ....out of the 2 hours that ive been playing today ive spent 1hour and 45 mins in the "loading screen" because of the pesky phrase in the title....is there anyway you guys can i dont know maybe make it so there are less of them so i can play more instead of hurry up and wait....

Comments

• doll8doll8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    since the last time i played this game they seem to have only gotten worse and more "patching" and was a reason i uninstalled this game and the cilents it used :|
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The patching notice is from, I think, the launcher option "On demand patching".
    When selected, on days when the game is patched, instead of downloading and installing the whole thing, it only downloads the basic files and leaves the rest for when and if you need them.
    However, twice today, when patching on loading screens, the progress stopped at 40% and I just closed the game and restarted it.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Always turn "on demand" patching off. Always.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • phearal#7879 phearal Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having this problem too. Thanks for the advice to turn off "on demand" patching, which I just did. However, is there something else we need to do to force the client to patch the remainder of files? I just logged back in and stuck again at "Patching 5 files, 0 bytes/s"....
  • phearal#7879 phearal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh never mind.... exited again and now I see it's patching.
  • spireryspirery Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    im the same patching is slow 0 bytes
  • ltalvaez100ltalvaez100 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's the new sport today I guess. Same problem, never had it ever before, just this morning but in every loading screen since.
  • xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    same here i try all solution turn off patching and force veryfy files and nothing works
    nexus.jpg

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We're looking into this one, folks.
  • mawadroelfmawadroelf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I was just playing, queued for some PvE, the loading screen stopped at 40.25% and it was patching at 0 byte/s. Decided to just restart the game with patching on demand turned off - and now my launcher is pulling a 6GB Update... looks like no STO for me today... I just downloaded 1.4GB this morning (europe)... 6GB... why...
    Edit:
    Well the patch is 6GB, but it's downloading compressed files, so maybe there's still a chance...
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Just cleared my brower cache (Chrome) using CC Cleaner. Turned off On Demand Patching in the Launcher screen. Logged out of Arc and went directly to the Launcher. Logged in and it shows 4256MB and is patching. I dunno if this is going to work but I will edit this post with an update to display the results of my actions.

EDIT: Saw this was going to take awhile, so went to lunch and then caught a film (Black Panther - TOTALLY worth it.). Came back and logged in just now with char who was stuck Loading into ESD. He is there and everything seems to be working. I thought I had On Demand Patching turned off but apparently either I did not or the game settings reset themselves whenever a new Season launches.

Oh well, not checking On Demand Patching is TURNED OFF is on me.

To recap the workaround I used: Log off from STO. Log out of ARC. Turn off any background programs. Clear Browser and Internet cache. Log in. On Launcher screen, TURN OFF On Demand Patching. Go to dinner and a movie while D/Ling patch. NOTE: This last part is optional. I suppose if you wanted to, you could watch the patching percentages crawl higher. Which I think is the Internet equivalent of watching paint dry.
    Post edited by thunderfoot#5163 on
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    I noticd it in Neverwinter too
    Spock.jpg

• nebregnirnebregnir Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Happened to me Sunday. Got two characters stuck loading into ESD. Uninstalled, defragged, reinstalled and fully patched up (yes, I’m still on a platter hard drive).

Works fine now. Definitely unchecking On Demand patching now though. Lost pretty much my whole Sunday to it. Did finally get to see Black Panther tho.