test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback for Tribble Update ST.85.20180304a.0

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Hello, Tribble has been updated with ST.85.20180304a.0. This is our new branch that will have our next large update. We will have a list of changes and a new item to show off in the coming weeks but we'd really like your feedback on generally issues with this new update.

Please use this thread to post any bugs you come across. Thanks!

Comments

• mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Well so far, I'd just like to note that my "skills invalid" message, a long-running issue, is gone! Hooray! Now I just need to figure out what to do with all those extra specialization points...
    e0M7OhA.png
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Orias III ground map is broken, appears to missing the ground, you also spawn in the far bottom left corner of the map

https://imgur.com/a/xd09c

The saucer of the Crossfield Class is missing its name

https://i.imgur.com/pSOtk4Q.png
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Does this release fix the flickering and incorrectly lit ground weapons and other objects that we've been seeing since Season 14 began?

Flickering tribbles on Federation fleet starbase
    Flickering ground weapons
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    Just patched tribble and got the following error when trying to load the game:

ERROR: Failed to load dbghelp: 126
    Line: c:\src\Utilities\CrypticError\harvest.c(526)

I tried to verify files and got the same error so at the moment I can't tell if there are any other problems as I can't get into the game...
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    None of my Boffs are able to train skills, or specializations on any of my characters. KDF or FED. I've also copied a new char over, a level 15 over, and a 60. All with the same effect. Learn is a available. Click it, and nothing happens. And I've tried Tac, Sci and ENG on each char just to be thorough. Diferent skills either purchased from the BOFF Skill Vendor, at Capitol Planer, or Fleet Boff Skill Vender

Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
  • zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I am getting a crash to desktop every time I try to upgrade an item.

Any item, in any zone. Using both the Trib upgrade module and the purchased upgrade modules from the merchants at ESD.

Ground and space gear.

I have run file check, although I'm sure that only checks Holodeck since it will start there and when I select Tribble server the check stops.

I have rebooted my system.

It crashes on items I get from boxes, from the Lobi store and from Reputation stores.

It is definitely repeatable.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    edited March 2018
    Expertise
    I ran out od expertise leveling fleet holdings. The dispenser has styopped issuing expertise to this character.

I have new BoFFs. I am trying to promote them, I have no expertise, and am getting absolutely no option to promote on any of my Boffs. I have 5 old BoFFs that don't even have the option to discharge them any more.

I am running missions to gain expertise. I should now have over 50,000 expertise but I still get no option to promote these new Boffs. I am also still not getting an option to discharge the other 5 Boffs.

Is there a lifetime limit on expertise that I might have hit building fleet holdings making this toon now useless, or is there a bug? Only the devs know for sure.
    Post edited by zepharynthe on
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • hardsalehardsale Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    would love to be able to offer up some feedback but since everytime i try to load up tribble i get the message

I cant
    Now everytime I go to upgrade an Item I get a crash to desk top. I still can't train Boffs. Either with bought skills or crafted skills. This last patch is seriously borked.
    2311 days and counting.
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    CTD on upgrading items as well, for which I submitted a crash report.

I did need to reboot as well as the CTD did not clear up some of the game processes and graphics leaving me working in the dark on my computer.
    hardsale wrote: »
    would love to be able to offer up some feedback but since everytime i try to load up tribble i get the message

I cant

Appears to be a common issue with this release, on several parts. Sometimes causing crash to desktop. And when mine crashes the game is left running according to ARC, but doesn't show on my WIN10 Task Manager so the only way to close it is to do a soft reboot of the OS.
    edited March 2018
    Attempting to play the mission "A Tangled Web" on my new 23C captain, the game hangs up in the "patching files" load screen as "Patching 6 files 0/bytes/s". Maybe part of the same error code message we are getting trying to do other things on the server since this release was patched in. I get no error code with this hang up.

Close the game client using Task Manager, re-enter and I get the load screen again telling me it's "Patching 5 files, 0 bytes/s". Once again, it hangs up there.

**Fixed 3/12/18 1225 EST**
    Post edited by zepharynthe on
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Another small thing: the Tzenkethi ship does not appear in the list of available prizes from the ship choice box. All the others are there that I can see.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Yup, I also can confirm the CTD on upgrading items. Always happens - no matter where, what or which character.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    Noticing another problem: during missions, bridge officers and other NPCs periodically appear in extreme close-up, so that only mouths and noses are visible.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    My game just keeps timing out when trying to load Tribble now. Updated to latest patch, worked fine yesterday yet now it just hangs then times out.
    SulMatuul.png
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    My game just keeps timing out when trying to load Tribble now. Updated to latest patch, worked fine yesterday yet now it just hangs then times out.

I'm experiencing that as well. I assume it's a server issue, not a game issue.
    e0M7OhA.png
    I made it past the loader, and I get a server is unavailable at this time. I hope that means they are working on the issues from the last patch
    2311 days and counting.
    server is back up. But i am still getting CTD when upgrading. Come on devs are you all actually reading these?
    2311 days and counting.
    edited March 2018
    johnbr216 wrote: »
    server is back up. But i am still getting CTD when upgrading. Come on devs are you all actually reading these?

Patience. Just because you posted an issue doesn't meant they know right away how to fix it.
    It's not just because I posted. It's because it's been an issue since last wednesday. When they deployed the patch. I'm not asking for a fix, just a word of, we've recieved your reports, and are investigating. Instead of silence.
    2311 days and counting.
    Server status shows the server is up (green) but get a Server is Unavailable message when I try to log in.
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    johnbr216 wrote: »

Patience. Just because you posted an issue doesn't meant they know right away how to fix it.

It would be different if the error code (the same code for everyone) hadn't already been posted and many crash reports submitted (I have returned 5 myself) over nearly a week. I see it as a security issue since the server is not letting go of my computer upon crash. That being indicated by ARC telling me the game is still running when my system tells me the client is not running. The only way to disconnect feom their server is a soft reboot of my system after the CTD. Patience is a virtue too often ignored by others.
    Server status shows the server is up (green) but get a Server is Unavailable message when I try to log in.

This happens frequently on Tribble after a patch. I'm waiting for the server to come back up as well. The patch was fairly small, but I'm guessing at the very least it addresses the persistent upgrade bug.
    e0M7OhA.png
    I'm starting to wonder why the server is still unavailable at this point. This seems like an inordinate amount of downtime for such a small patch...
    e0M7OhA.png
    Well since the borg assimilated our clock's this weekend and stole an hour from us, I wonder if they are working later than normal. Coarse It's what 6 PM Pacific Time?
    2311 days and counting.

The light is only for holodeck. It doesn't show tribble status.
  • videographer77videographer77 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Unfotunately, as of 3/14/18 @ 2:10 PM Central, the Tribble Server is still down. There must be bigger issues at play.
    Unfotunately, as of 3/14/18 @ 2:10 PM Central, the Tribble Server is still down. There must be bigger issues at play.

It's back up