test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Scoreboard

Will PvP scoreboard ever be fixed? Probably has been asked plenty of times already but just curious. Thanks.

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    It's PvP, so probably not.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • cesitar257cesitar257 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I love PVP and i want the scoreboard again :s:s:(:(
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Wasn't there something out on the web.... I was searching something about PvP in STO out on the web. And found some thing...

OH you know what...that was a PvP LEADERBOARD.... though I am not sure how they are keeping stats up on that thing if the Scoreboard inside the game is broken.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Sure. Fixing everything PvP is on the todo list...right after pigs flying and hell freezing over.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    F'ix.
    Did the scoreboard work when PvP was Klingon vs. Federation? Or was it broken then, too?

And I am still wondering how the PvP Leaderboard on the web is gathering stats. I have to go search for that page, again. I just can not remember what I was "googling" around for when I ran into that thing.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Sure. Fixing everything PvP is on the todo list...right after pigs flying and hell freezing over.

and right after the T6 Vor'Cha and Vo'Quv
    Spock.jpg

patrickngo wrote: »
    The scoreboard worked up until the shift from factional to RvB queues.

Hmm....interesting.

Maybe that should be a cautionary tale for everyone asking for mixed teams. Can't get Federation or Klingon in Red vs. Blue teams straightened up.

We should be glad there isn't more problem with mixed faction Events.

• bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Wasn't there something out on the web.... I was searching something about PvP in STO out on the web. And found some thing...

OH you know what...that was a PvP LEADERBOARD.... though I am not sure how they are keeping stats up on that thing if the Scoreboard inside the game is broken.

The programmer who created it is a player, and well known PvP player to boot. Like most PvP players he is in and out of STO. The board works with a log parser he programmed which logs matches when they hit proper requirements full 5v5 match doesn't end early ect. He assigned a point system which looks at not just kills but healing and utility skill use to award style points ect. He built a better tool then Cryptic themselves have done which has continued to work with little issue for a few years now. Frankly it makes me a little sad, that a STO fan with a little bit of his own free time can do a better job then the developers. (I say little bit because I believe talking to him the bulk of his leaderboard was done in an afternoon. He even added us a Tyler Durden channel match balancer that uses data it knows about previous matches to auto balance teams... not that we ever really had enough data for that to work extremely well but still he built a better matching system then Cryptics in less then an hour. lol)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    patrickngo wrote: »
    The scoreboard worked up until the shift from factional to RvB queues.

Hmm....interesting.

Maybe that should be a cautionary tale for everyone asking for mixed teams. Can't get Federation or Klingon in Red vs. Blue teams straightened up.

We should be glad there isn't more problem with mixed faction Events.
    It's not a "cautionary tale" for anything. The scoreboard is broken because they don't think it's important enough to spend time fixing, like a whole lot of other things.
    Sorry, haven't had much time for responses in here...real life and doctors have intruded on my state of mind, of late.

I have a question for the Devs...

Can the PvP scoreboard be reverted, (and hence, PvP reverted) back to Klingon vs. Federation? I think that Red Vs. Blue thing....was an error. Now, I am assuming: RvB is just a mix of all factions in any combination.

I am telling you what I see missing is: there is no longer a healthy competition between rivalries that is encompassing the entirely of PvP. There is nothing at that highest level to define who is the rival.

With that score board being out of commish for so long....there isn't even a way to TRACK who is superior....can not have a competition without that.

Hence, you have little groups of thugs, some in teams. going after whatever is available. It is an atmosphere of desperation, almost. If someone hits back or even taunts back, lets gang up on that one, over and over.

That is why your PvP Endeavors turn out to be just another "Laydown and FARM" queue idea. The ENTIRE reason you REMOVED rewards from PvP in the first place.

And these PvP gangsters think: OOOO This is entertainment!
    What it is: no challenge, no competition. Again.

Yeah, it is problematic: the equality of ships or gear.... but what is worse, is PvP an activity for asshats and bullies.

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    Patrickngo,

Your explanation of Dev behavior, especially with regard to PvP, was spot on. Well played.
    Just combat log and use /pvpreport command to keep score.

I was wondering if /pvpreport actually still works? Or does that come up blank, also?