test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wishlist of Starships I wanna see in Star Trek Online

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    It took a lot to get the rights to use the Vesta. They can't use the designs used in the SFC games, Either of the Academy games, or the Armada games because those were creations of different video game companies. They'd have to go through Activision to get the designs from Armada or SFC 3. They'd also have to go through whoever inherrited the rights to Interplay's games for those designs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Well... we still have Caitians at least.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Do we actually know if theirs license doesn't include TAS?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    As far as I know... everything that CBS owns, and up to Into Darkness on Paramount's side. So in theory that includes TAS.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @kekvin said:
    > > If the ship designs are owned by cbs and not the publishers then it could be as easy as aquiring rights to the ship. They were able to aquire the rights to jj trek. Id love to see tmp ships fro. Klingon academy and starfleet command 1 & 2 ect
    >
    > Thats the point, most of those designs are not owned by CBS and never were.

Dnt be so sure there are a few designs that have moved from devloper to devloper. And all sto designs are owned by cbs. So we can assume that there are some ships from previous st games that could be used. Have you looked at the ship classes in st alien domain?
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    The lack of a Nova or Vorcha are the mind-boggling ones tbh. Both are well known canon ships and one is a hero ship in the damned game itself. There are ample ways either could have been added (Nova as a sci-pilot hybrid or something, even as a new scout ship) but every opportunity seems to pass with no hint at all of and interest from the devs.
    Heck even a decent skin update would be worth it but nope, not even that.

@lordsteve1 - couldn't agree more!

The worst thing is, as you said, that the oportunities seem to just pass by. They could (arguably SHOULD) have at least updated the Rhode Island skin when they had the FE's involving Captain Harry Kim. But they didn't - which is ridiculous since his ship, the USS Rhode Island, featured almost as heavily as Voyager in the Delta Rising arc and still shows up in FE's that involve our ship being assisted by 'the fleet'.

The Rhode Island Admiralty card too - many of us thought that might indicate that the Nova class was at least on the mind of someone in the Dev team.

There was even a Twitter poll back in October, posted by Bort - I quote:
    "With the understanding that this does NOT constitute any sort of promise that it will happen, which ship do you most want to buy & fly in STO?"
    THIS was was result:

28% T6 Vor'cha
    31% T6 Nova
    13% T6 Oberth
    28% T6 Ambassador
    442 votes•Final results

And this was on Twitter - generally assumed to be something that the Devs pay more attention to than the forums.

So the evidence is there! They KNOW there are players who want it and will pay for it. Heck, I'd be buying the C-store version in a heartbeat AND at least three Fleet versions.

And yet here we are - still waiting.

So yes - another post from me bemoaning the the fact that I've been waiting years for a remodelled Nova, with no end in sight. But can you blame me? With what I said above in mind, there have been at least three occasions over the past four years where there were brief moments of hope - FALSE hope - over this.

I'm pretty sure we will see the Orville in this game before we see either the Vor'cha or Nova at T6. The Nova should have been released at T6 with the Delta Rising expansion, reason being as mentioned the Rhode Island featured prominently in the episode arc.

The Vor'cha why this ship is still missing seeings as it appeared in 4 T.V Series is head scratching.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They'd also have to go through whoever inherrited the rights to Interplay's games for those designs.
    Presumably activision since they made SFC3.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    T6 Oberth!

I'd also really like to see a t6 variants of the dyson destroyers, as weird as that sounds. I couldn't care less about the hideous federation and klingon ones, but the Aves warbird is hands down my favourite cryptic romulan ship to date. Just looks so slick, and has cool swivel guns!

I dont think it's too likely though sadly, I dont think those ever sold well.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    T6 Dyson Destroyers seem like the next candidate for T6 treatment on the 9th anniversary but it probably might not happen, if it did that would leave the 10th anniversary for something completely new.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    reset
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They'd also have to go through whoever inherrited the rights to Interplay's games for those designs.
    Presumably activision since they made SFC3.
    most likely and it's highly unlikely that Activision isn't gonna support an MMO of rival company remember that full name of Activision is Activision-Blizzard and while the 2 parts of the company are rather independent their revenue is united, so Activision wouldn't want to do anything that might in theory aid a rival of WoW.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    kekvin wrote: »
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @kekvin said:
    > > If the ship designs are owned by cbs and not the publishers then it could be as easy as aquiring rights to the ship. They were able to aquire the rights to jj trek. Id love to see tmp ships fro. Klingon academy and starfleet command 1 & 2 ect
    >
    > Thats the point, most of those designs are not owned by CBS and never were.

Dnt be so sure there are a few designs that have moved from devloper to devloper. And all sto designs are owned by cbs. So we can assume that there are some ships from previous st games that could be used. Have you looked at the ship classes in st alien domain?

Actually, if I understand copyright correctly, CBS does NOT own any STO designs. All Original designs in the game are owned by Cryptic, since they are the ones that created them. Same with any other licensed star trek property. It is the sole ownership of the creator.

That is why, as someone else mentioned, it was so long and hard to get the Vesta in the game, CBS did not own the rights to the Vesta and therefore could not grant Cryptic access. Cryptic had to negotiate with the original creator of the Vesta.
  • Options
    thastothasto Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Feddie:

Springfield Class (Lower Pylon optional)
    Challenger Class
    Vulcan Shuttle or Survey Ship ('Carbon Creek' [ENT])
    UESPA vessels (e.g. Neptune class/Warp Delta, Sarajevo Class, Intrepid Class)
    Aerie Class (SS Raven)

Klink:

Kzinti (excuse me, 'Ferasan') Police Ships

Rommie:

Honestly, the I love the T'varo, and the Malem only brings that love up to 11. Maybe just add the Romulan D-7? Besides that, the only Rhiannsu ships I'd add are non-canon.

Other:

Cardassian Hideki
    Talarian Cruiser
    First Federation Sphere
    Kazon Carrier
    Hierarchy ships
    Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, a United Space Federation Chat-Based Star Trek Sim. New players are always welcome! Come check us out!
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I think the nova's problem, is if they make a nice t6 model all the older ones will need an overhaul too, for mixing and matching. That's extra work.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Cannon Ships:

Norway Class Light Cruiser:
    bfa599db-c72d-4f0b-84c0-4499d0312b18.jpg

Vulcan Surak Class Cruiser:
    2f6d7f3d-509d-4e63-95b5-f178ec8e388b.jpg

Vulcan D'Kyr Class Cruiser (T6):
    7bf479e8-eaf0-40b0-bcc4-1688fd0d5dfb.jpg

Jem Hadar Battlecruiser:
    81f9870c-763a-4f84-b085-aeb7bb6e87b1.jpg

Non Cannon Ships (less likely):

Cardassian Hendor Class Warship:
    120363_zero-hour-cardassian-hendor_1.jpeg

Cardassian Tonga Class Frigate:
    Cardassian Hutet Class Dreadnought:
    Cardassian Norin Class Light Cruiser:
    119455_norin-tonga-hutet-cardassian-ship-pack_1.jpeg

Federation Achilles Class:
    latest?cb=20061221130347
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Cardenas-class for me. Maybe a T-6 Heavy cruiser called the Buran-class. The assets already pretty much exist already, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I want to have a Borg Multi-kinetic neutronic mine as playable starship! Would love it to be exclusive to livers to fit the liberated borg playable character theme.

Descent_ship.png
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    But if it was which to avoid then based on that poll WHERE’S MY T6 OBERTH!!!!!!

Heh heh heh.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am still kicking myself for not finding that poll sooner, otherwise I would've voted for Oberth.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    T6 Vor'Cha T6 VoQuv
    and THIS for god's sake

RD73.jpg
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    For wat its worth ill add another vote for..

T6 Nova
    T6 vorcha
    T6 Oberth
    T6 D7
    T6 Norway
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    if they ever do a TOS era Connie (non-temporal, I want the TAS giant Enterprise balloon as a console.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    For wat its worth ill add another vote for..

T6 Nova
    T6 vorcha
    T6 Oberth
    T6 D7
    T6 Norway

The T6 D7 already exists. Its an R&D Promo ship.

Honestly I think we might get a T6 Vor'cha bundled with equivelent ships for Romulans and Fed. However with the current Allied kick... we'll probably see a T6 D'Kyr first.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @blitzy4 said:
    > I think the nova's problem, is if they make a nice t6 model all the older ones will need an overhaul too, for mixing and matching. That's extra work.

Which I'm gonna call bull. They have already done it twice with the Constitution and the Miranda classes . Really have no excuse anymore.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I want a T6 Connie that doesn't cost me over a billion EC.
    Make the DSC one a C-store ship. Quit holding out on the space-poor players!

The Connie refit (1701-A) could/should have been a different ship instead of a costume for the T6 Connie, it IS a different ship afterall.
  • Options
    I want to have a Borg Multi-kinetic neutronic mine as playable starship! Would love it to be exclusive to livers to fit the liberated borg playable character theme.

Descent_ship.png
    The Borg "Type 3" is in the game already. It's not playable though. It pops up whenever the Borg Cooperative decides to use a dreadnaught in a mission. I would personally love to fly one though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    I think the nova's problem, is if they make a nice t6 model all the older ones will need an overhaul too, for mixing and matching. That's extra work.
    It's probably still on the to-do list... near the bottom :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    As a rule of thumb if a class exists exclusive in the ST:EU it's unavaible for STO and that goes double for ships that are not part of Star Trek at all like anything from Galaxy Quest or Orville.

Items from ST:EU might be avaible but Cryptic would have to ask for premission seperately for each of occation. Galaxy Quest or Orville will never happen as rights to Galaxy Quest are owned by Dreamworks and rights to Orville are owned by Fox neither of which is associated with CBS, so CBS would never allow using those.

Cryptic doesn't have a blank check to do what ever they please here.

To repeat designs from ST:EU are technically possible but so unlikely as to be practically impossible, designs from Orville or Galaxy Quest are outright impossible so asking any of those is just wasting your time, chances are that it will never happen.

Would be nice to get a T6 version of the Luna class (U.S.S. Titan), of which we have the lower-tier version available in the ship vendor. Maybe they can get Riker and Deanna onboard for voicework.