test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Down

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Hey guys this is a known issue with the login servers and such at the moment and they are working on it. Sadly I've not seen or been given an ETA for the fix.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    West Coast - I'm having issues here. Was fine and has been fine till tonight.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Hey guys this is a known issue with the login servers and such at the moment and they are working on it. Sadly I've not seen or been given an ETA for the fix.

Thanks for the update.

The patch server died for me around 8:48 Pacific when trying to visit my bridge and now the launcher gives a a connection error. This is in the Seattle area, launching from Steam.
  • wrathofjameswrathofjames Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also having this issue, 5 of us went in for a Korfez que, 3 of us got stuck on loading screen and booted, and none of us have been able to log back in
  • parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    The hamster's dead, Jim.
  • beartech28beartech28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Trying to update the launcher ..... keeps failing. I was playing earier today just fine. What gives
  • gostlykyle#2218 gostlykyle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • alienworldsalienworlds Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    darkbladejk: You're going to be all right. We are going to help you. We are going to help you.
    davefenestrator: It's okay. Everything is fine.
    STOner Puglet: Why? ...Why?
    davefenestrator: It's all right. You're safe. Cryptic is fixing the server.
    STOner Puglet: No. No, I have to go. I have to go back.
    davefenestrator: You have to stay right here.
    STOner Puglet: You don't understand! Let me go back! Let me go back! ...Let me go back! Let me go back, please!

(darkbladejk bans STOner Puglet)

crashdragon: What was he talking about?
    davefenestrator: I have no idea.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    Curious - where are you getting the info from? Is it publicly accessible?

Could be another case of Reddit getting more info than the forums.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Funny that a moderator can comment on this issue. But the CM can't
    eazzie wrote: »

CM is probably not in the office right now. It is almost 9:30 at night on the west coast after all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, Cryptic Launcher saying 'trying to update launcher' then fails to connect after 5 attempts.

UL0qkqr.jpg
    rattler2 wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

CM is probably not in the office right now. It is almost 9:30 at night on the west coast after all.

It's called you need to have at least some people on staff for a graveyard shift. Especially for a game that played by players around the world you would think that it would be common sense. That way if something like this takes the game/servers down it can actually, I don't know, be addressed.
  • audioredaudiored Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah, Cryptic Launcher saying 'trying to update launcher' then fails to connect after 5 attempts.

UL0qkqr.jpg

Getting the same thing.
    edited March 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    edited March 2018
    YBWyACJ.png

CM = Community Manager. Kael isn't in charge of the servers. He handles communication with the community, IE us. I'm sure the server people are working on it as we speak. As for Kael... I don't expect him or any of the Devs to be on call 24/7 in the office. They have lives outside work too just like the players.
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    UK here and cant connect, timesout after multiple attempts.
  • generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    i really hate it when the wheels fall off of this game at the exact same moment i want to play.....
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    We're aware, guys. Our hamster techs think they have the cause, but it's not confirmed yet. They're looking into a fix.
    HOLY SHTAKO! Kael appears! And at this time of night!

giphy.gif

Thanks for the heads up Kael.
    edited March 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    YBWyACJ.png

CM = Community Manager. Kael isn't in charge of the servers. He handles communication with the community, IE us. I'm sure the server people are working on it as we speak. As for Kael... I don't expect him or any of the Devs to be on call 24/7 in the office. They have lives outside work too just like the players.

Thing is it theoretically shouldn't be anyone person's job to do that. You could have other people to give news on outages that are affecting everyone. Realistically there should be 3 people, minimum for 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a.
  • berzerkfurryberzerkfurry Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for throwing us a bone
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Hah. They posted on Facebook and Twitter after I mentioned them.

Still, it's kinda sad when they OWN their own forum yet post first to 3rd party sites.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Thanks for the update, kael, but I'll have to check it out later. Time for bed here. Sorry about the attitude earlier.
This discussion has been closed.