test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regularity of upgrade weekend

How often do these happen?
Last time they did phoenix boxes I was sat on upgrades for what seemed like months.

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It's become irregular. I would say average around 3 months.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Not as good a player resource drain as most of the others are.

You'll notice Cryptic are being increasingly merciless with sales etc. With an upgrade weekend all we'd be doing is using less dilithium and whatever upgrades we've hoarded.

No use to Cryptic/PWE at all.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, upgrade weekends are irregular.

My most recently created max level character was sporting rare and very rare Mk XII gear for quite some time before the upgrade weekend popped last month and I upgraded a lot of gear on that character (but not all gear) to either ultra rare or epic Mk XIV. The next one will probably not happen for another 3 months or so. If there is a recruitment event when the next expansion is released, then I suspect Cryptic will have an upgrade weekend during that event.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind another upgrade weekend right now...
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Most of the times that we've had a Phoenix Event (3 of the previous 5) there has been an upgrade weekend either concurrently, or within 2 weeks of it. The 2 exceptions thus far were the very first one and the abbreviated one over Christmas last year, which was 5 days instead of the usual 7 days.

Also, there does seem to be a bit of a pattern with upgrade weekends in the early part of the year. There's one in early February (11th, 9th and 8th in the last 3 years, respectively) and one in the middle of March (17th and 16th, respectively) since we've had upgrade weekends. If the pattern holds, I would expect one starting on the 15th. That's not a guarantee, but it is an interesting short-term pattern found nowhere else on the calendar.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.