test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'VE REACHED MY SPENDING LIMIT ?

That's the message I got when I tried to buy more Zen.
They it suggests that I purchase a zen card and some other option - :D

Oh really?

I've spent more on ship bundles and expansion packs -

What gives?

I know kids play this game, but I can assure you, I'm an adult and it's my card - Never had this problem in all the years I've been playin.

Anyone else ?
Misery loves company. :p
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    There's a $200 limit then you get locked out for I believe 72 hrs.... it says you can get in touch with customer service to get the limit increased.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    There's a $200 limit then you get locked out for I believe 72 hrs.... it says you can get in touch with customer service to get the limit increased.

Wow that's straight up the first time I've ever heard of this !

I don't think I ever hit that hard cap before ever ! Is this something new?

Found myself with some time off for a few days, thought I'd indulge myself.

I wasn't letting myself get out of hand or anything, was just trying to take advantage of a bundle or two, now I feel like THAT GUY who's bartender's told him he's had enough. :D

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    If I may ask... what's the ballpark of what you have spent this month? Roughly?

You may ask ... :wink:

Lolz, I kidd -

Spent zero for months until today - But then I saved up, wanted to get both the miracle worker and pilot bundles and cha ching !

I've found me self locked out ! lol

I'm actually quite impressed Cryptic did this !

• Options
    omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Yea, I've seen on my account if I get 100 bucks in Zen the 200 option disappears , then if in the same day I go for another 50 the 100 gos away. It's been that way for me since I started playing in 2014 or so.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

48 hours, I believe (been there, done that)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I think the "spending limit" is more a containment measure to mitigate how much damage can be done in a single fraudulent transaction, since they're perfectly happy to lift it if you ask them for it, probably demonstrating you're not some shady fraudster with a stolen card.

Yeah, probably.

Heck, it's almost a tiny concession to addicted lockbox gamblers that they don't spend too much money. Only 200 $ every 3 days. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    A great mechanic implemented. Prevents things from getting out of hand, regardless of the case.